Zombie Army 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

stimpy

Zombie Army 4

Post by stimpy »

This was recently added to Gamepass.
I am having an absolute blast with it.
I think this series is an offshoot of a sniper game, but sniping here is used pretty rarely.

There is a campaign. There are achievements and challenges and collectibles to find.
Not a huge variety of weaponry, unless you're willing to pay to unlock some of it. I'm not and I dont think it's at all necessary.
Some of the mechanics are wonky, such as not being able to carry a heavy weapon if you're carrying a mission item.
But so far, it hasnt really been a hinderance.

If the other 3 games are similar to this, I will definitely be playing them when I'm done with this one.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Smoove_B

Re: Zombie Army 4

Post by Smoove_B »

Isn't this this series that's similar to Left 4 Dead? I seem to remember looking into purchasing them (the ZA series) a while back because of the connection to the Sniper games (same engine?) and reading it wasn't any good to play solo (your AI companions weren't good, the game is insanely difficult,etc...)

Are you saying this new one is a good experience solo?
Maybe next year, maybe no go
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:29 pm Isn't this this series that's similar to Left 4 Dead? I seem to remember looking into purchasing them (the ZA series) a while back because of the connection to the Sniper games (same engine?) and reading it wasn't any good to play solo (your AI companions weren't good, the game is insanely difficult,etc...)

Are you saying this new one is a good experience solo?
Absolutely. There have been no AI companions as of yet. I'm about halfway thru the second chapter, so I'm not expecting there to be any.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

No AI companions in 1-3 either.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Yeah I am loving this, i use the sniper as my main weapon, the shotty as my 2nd. I am level 16 now and on to act 3. I kill as many as possible with the sniper until they group then grenades and shotguns for ftw.

Upgrade kits are important and admit to using a guide to ensure i find all of them, currently my main weapons are all upgraded until I hit lvl 20.

I managed to shoot a zombie between the legs from distance and got a low my of it exploding, really looked painful.....
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Reemul wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:49 am Upgrade kits are important and admit to using a guide to ensure i find all of them, currently my main weapons are all upgraded until I hit lvl 20.
You're not kidding. I missed one last night and was very tempted to restart the level to go back and find it.

I'm hoping at some point that the inventory slots expand. The scarcity of health kits and the ability to only carry one is very troubling at times......
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Wrapped this up tonight.
What a great ride!!

The challenges they give each level and trying to grab all the collectibles made this better than the average shooter.
I really felt disappointment when I finished a level and didnt achieve 100%.
To me thats the sign of a good game.
He/Him/His/Porcupine