Hollow Knight

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Hollow Knight

Post by coopasonic »

I finally gave this a shot after someone on reddit put in a "perfect games" list along with 4 other games that I loved. Forty hours later and I am abandoning it. From the 2020 game finished thread:
Montag wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:42 pm Hollow Knight - Dream No More ending.

Nightmare King Grimm :angry-screaming:
White Palace :obscene-birdiered:
Radiance :grund:

It's that second item. White Palace. The game goes from a pretty challenging platform heavy metroidvania to straight up platforming hell. Not an enemy in sight but it would take me hours to get through it if I even ever could. I watched a video of someone doing it and... yeah.. not happening. I guess I could go for a lesser ending just taking out the final boss and calling it done... and maybe I will after I'm done being mad.

I think I am at 92% completion and for the past 25-30 percent I have been using all the reference material I can find because there is very little guidance in the game and it's a big ass map to keep running through with no clue what you should be doing.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lordnine

Re: Hollow Knight

Post by Lordnine »

Grimm wasn't in the game when I played but I did almost everything else. The only thing I skipped was there was an item that you had to carry from one side of the map to the other without taking damage or fast travel...yeah that wasn't happening. I do recall having trouble with the Radiance. I remember one attempt I technically beat it and then fell off the final platform before the death animation finished. I stopped playing for like 3 days after before attempting it again. :lol:

If you are really struggling, try swapping around your charms. Some of them have pretty cool combo interactions that I never discovered until really late in the game.

I absolutely loved Hollow Knight though and would recommend to anyone that enjoys metroidvania style games.
Montag

Re: Hollow Knight

Post by Montag »

Lordnine wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:12 pm Grimm wasn't in the game when I played but I did almost everything else. The only thing I skipped was there was an item that you had to carry from one side of the map to the other without taking damage or fast travel...yeah that wasn't happening. I do recall having trouble with the Radiance. I remember one attempt I technically beat it and then fell off the final platform before the death animation finished. I stopped playing for like 3 days after before attempting it again. :lol:

If you are really struggling, try swapping around your charms. Some of them have pretty cool combo interactions that I never discovered until really late in the game.

I absolutely loved Hollow Knight though and would recommend to anyone that enjoys metroidvania style games.
It was the flower. As long as you don't bench, the monsters you kill stay dead. So clear the path and it is not so bad.
words