They are billions.

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Combustible Lemur

They are billions.

Post by Combustible Lemur »

Anybody else playing?

Zombie RTS/ Tower defense. Meant for people into calculating dps/rsource cost ratios via spreadsheet. I'm trying to enjoy it. And, I do enjoy the gameplay, but there is NO in-game reward for any sub optimal play. Win it all or lose with no sense of progress per map, and really with campaign as a whole.

I'm playing on normal, and had to restart the whole campaign twice because I didnt develop the tech tree in the correct order. No save in-game other than exit save.

I have a sneaking suspicion I'm missing something basic that is going to basically be one technique exploit. And, once I figure it out, having replayed and failed the early game dozens of times, the rest of the game will just feel like a slow moving completionist chore. Or it just takes 50hrs to learn how to play.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Combustible Lemur on Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Is Scott home? thump thump thump Crash ......No.
dbt1949

Re: They are billions.

Post by dbt1949 »

I've watched a couple of game videos of it. Looked like fun but real time is not for me.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

I've been considering this game since it first released but haven't been able to pull the trigger. Primary interest was because it's from Numantian who was responsible for Lords of Xulima, a favourite.

So, while I haven't played Billions, I can pass on that in Xulima early and thorough local exploration to gather resources was key.

The gameplay looks fun. Kind of like playing AoE if your sole purpose was to hold off endless Barbarian hordes from Civ :)
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It's a shame it's for optimizers, as it looks cool.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
naednek

Post by naednek »

Played it a lot the first year or two of it being in early access and release. Fun but challenging
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I loved this game while I was playing it. Not sure why I stopped.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog