MLB 2021 Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Lorini

Re: MLB 2021 Regular Season

Post by Lorini »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:57 pm Regarding trademarks, you can be sure that the Cleveland baseball team did a thorough trademark search and analysis prior to announcing this. If they didn't, their IP counsel is going to be seeking new employment.
Yes I would expect that. Curious though if there was another sports team that called themselves the Guardians, could the Indians still be the Guardians?
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Lorini wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:44 am
ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:57 pm Regarding trademarks, you can be sure that the Cleveland baseball team did a thorough trademark search and analysis prior to announcing this. If they didn't, their IP counsel is going to be seeking new employment.
Yes I would expect that. Curious though if there was another sports team that called themselves the Guardians, could the Indians still be the Guardians?
Like the New York Guardians of the XFL?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jaymann wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:33 am
Lorini wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:44 am
Like the New York Guardians of the XFL?
Sure.

Jet's/Jets, Rangers/Rangers...there are more and those are just in he big 4. Go to other pro leagues and college and there are a ton.

The city or university name distinguishers them. So the Texas Rangers and the New York Rangers are completely different names.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Jet's?
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Winiepeg Jets/New York Jets...
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:24 pm Image
:puke-front:
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

The Meal wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:49 amJet's?
Auto"correct".
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Huh I found out that Bauer is from Santa Clarita, meaning that I may know people who knew him when he was living here. Interesting!

In other news, FINALLY the Dodgers won a game when the Giants lost a game. Only one back again, but this week will be a big test for both teams.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Giants are on a much deserved day off tomorrow before finishing up the dodgers.

Hoping to win all 3 but must win 2 to keep the lead.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Big week for the Mets they could really bury the division of they do well. I'm still amused at how many people complain a out our manager. They are in 1st with a half broken tram and still not happy. And I LOVE to pick on managers.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

naednek

Post by naednek »

Thanks Bellinger!Image

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I may have to give baseball a break for a moment, the Dodgers are just upsetting me. Incredible way to lose a game but they would have lost the game in extra innings anyway so may as well get it over with.
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The Mets needs starting pitching so bad. They started a dude yesterday that they already had released twice this season! And he got shelled for 10 runs in 4 innings. We have one pitcher coming back on Friday. No idea when deGrom is coming back. Seems soon, but who really knows? They have dropped 2-3 from the Braves with 2 more games to play. They haveeeee to win those to stay ahead. I can't really be mad about it. It's just been an insane season with injuries. That they are still somehow in the lead is amazing.

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Octavious wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:03 pm The Mets needs starting pitching so bad.
Have they tried talking to the Cubs? As near as I can tell, the Cubs are willing to sell off anyone right now.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote:I may have to give baseball a break for a moment, the Dodgers are just upsetting me. Incredible way to lose a game but they would have lost the game in extra innings anyway so may as well get it over with.
But don't stop until after the series Image

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:58 pm
Lorini wrote:I may have to give baseball a break for a moment, the Dodgers are just upsetting me. Incredible way to lose a game but they would have lost the game in extra innings anyway so may as well get it over with.
But don't stop until after the series Image

I thought you might like me a little bit!! 😅
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

We put up our best pitcher and he delivered big time on his birthday :)
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I don't really get the Gallo trade. I mean it's a power lefty bat in Yankee Stadium, but it just feels like a move to make a move. It's like we mind swapped owners over here in NY. This is something the Mets would do to show they are doing "something". :P We get another starter back tomorrow. Just need deGrom back and another backup starter and hopefully we can limp through the rest of the season.

I'm dying watching the armchair managers complaining how Rojas keeps on pulling the starters early. Um he's trying to make sure they last as long as possible because we have no backup... :lol:

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Octavious wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:43 am I don't really get the Gallo trade. I mean it's a power lefty bat in Yankee Stadium, but it just feels like a move to make a move. It's like we mind swapped owners over here in NY. This is something the Mets would do to show they are doing "something". :P We get another starter back tomorrow. Just need deGrom back and another backup starter and hopefully we can limp through the rest of the season.

I'm dying watching the armchair managers complaining how Rojas keeps on pulling the starters early. Um he's trying to make sure they last as long as possible because we have no backup... :lol:
I don't either - doesn't really worry me too much as a Red Sox fan. Do you know whether the Yankees give up anyone of note?
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NY Post
The Yankees will be receiving more than Joey Gallo and Joely Rodriguez from the Rangers – Texas also is paying both players’ salaries the rest of the season, The Post has learned.

That is not insignificant, as the Yankees’ aim clearly is to remain under the $210 million luxury tax threshold and they were projected at about $206 million before this deal. For purposes of the tax, Gallo would count about $2.3 million and Rodriguez $1.03 million.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

El Guapo wrote:
Octavious wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:43 am I don't really get the Gallo trade. I mean it's a power lefty bat in Yankee Stadium, but it just feels like a move to make a move. It's like we mind swapped owners over here in NY. This is something the Mets would do to show they are doing "something". Image We get another starter back tomorrow. Just need deGrom back and another backup starter and hopefully we can limp through the rest of the season.

I'm dying watching the armchair managers complaining how Rojas keeps on pulling the starters early. Um he's trying to make sure they last as long as possible because we have no backup... Image
I don't either - doesn't really worry me too much as a Red Sox fan. Do you know whether the Yankees give up anyone of note?
I don't think they were huge prospects but how many power free swingers do you need on one team? It's not like that's working out for them so far. Gallo is a good fielder who can play a bunch of positions so I do see the appeal, but again this was a deal to make a deal.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Octavious wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:45 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Octavious wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:43 am I don't really get the Gallo trade. I mean it's a power lefty bat in Yankee Stadium, but it just feels like a move to make a move. It's like we mind swapped owners over here in NY. This is something the Mets would do to show they are doing "something". Image We get another starter back tomorrow. Just need deGrom back and another backup starter and hopefully we can limp through the rest of the season.

I'm dying watching the armchair managers complaining how Rojas keeps on pulling the starters early. Um he's trying to make sure they last as long as possible because we have no backup... Image
I don't think they were huge prospects but how many power free swingers do you need on one team? It's not like that's working out for them so far. Gallo is a good fielder who can play a bunch of positions so I do see the appeal, but again this was a deal to make a deal.
Jeff Passan compared the deal to the trade that sent Mark Texeira from the Rangers to the Braves in exchange for a bunch of players (including Elvis Andrus). Basically was arguing that the package doesn't contain any obvious stars, but it's likely to be a good amount of depth going forward.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Looks like Scherzer may be going to the Padres. That team is crazy good and that will certainly help. I don't think the Mets can really pull anything big off as they don't really have much to trade. :x

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Octavious wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:30 pm Looks like Scherzer may be going to the Padres. That team is crazy good and that will certainly help. I don't think the Mets can really pull anything big off as they don't really have much to trade. :x
Scherzer was going from the West Coast, the only question was which team. He would have blocked NYY and probably NYM.

MYT
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Octavious wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:30 pm Looks like Scherzer may be going to the Padres. That team is crazy good and that will certainly help. I don't think the Mets can really pull anything big off as they don't really have much to trade. :x
Sigh... I do want him to get another World Series ring, but with the Nationals. :(
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Padres are in third place in the NL West so there are at least better teams in the West, just sayin😉
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

According to local news, the Cubs are willing to trade the entire team for a handful of magic beans. I guess nobody has beans to spare?
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Rizzo is off to the Yankees. The news was announced before your post, Jeff.
Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:10 pm Rizzo is off to the Yankees. The news was announced before your post, Jeff.
This one stings.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Zaxxon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:12 pm
pr0ner wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:10 pm Rizzo is off to the Yankees. The news was announced before your post, Jeff.
This one stings.
How many beans did they get? At least the local supermarket will stop begging me to contribute money to Rizzo's foundation every time i shop there.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

on a more exciting note. Giants found their bats, and beat the dodgers. Kept the 3 game lead as well as having the best record in all of baseball!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

This one stings.
It does. I'm hoping they'll find a way to bring him back in 2022.
Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:35 pm
This one stings.
It does. I'm hoping they'll find a way to bring him back in 2022.
I was hoping he'd make it back to the Red Sox.

Interesting fact(s): Jed Hoyer drafted Rizzo as GM of the Red Sox, acquired him via trade from Boston as GM of the Padres, and acquired him via trade from SD as GM of the Cubs. Wonder if he goes after him again.

MYT
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Max Scherzer and Trea Turner to the Dodgers.

They just got a LOT better.
Hodor.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I'm sure Naednek is ecstatic.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Wtf. I thought he wanted to go to a contender?

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

naednek wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:42 pm Wtf. I thought he wanted to go to a contender?

The Dodgers should still win the NL West.
Hodor.
naednek

Post by naednek »

pr0ner wrote:
naednek wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:42 pm Wtf. I thought he wanted to go to a contender?

The Dodgers should still win the NL West.
Lets.not get ahead of ourselves

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Schwarber to Boston.
Hodor.