Getting Rid of Cable

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Getting Rid of Cable

Post by Daehawk »

Yup just miffed. But I wont be paying it. Ill let them cancel my net too if so and sit here and die of boredom first.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stessier

Post by stessier »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:41 pm Yup just miffed. But I wont be paying it. Ill let them cancel my net too if so and sit here and die of boredom first.
Why didn't you just keep it until the last week of September? The result will be the same.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I had no idea when it restarted or anything. I just wanted it off because I cant pay it. I need to buy stuff.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

if you're not getting enough in the way of OTA TV signals, see if you can get a second-hand aerial (antenna) for the house. mounting it on the roof is best, but it could go inside the attic and it'll still work (just not as great as in the open air). bonus is it can be used as an antenna for FM radio as well through the house coax wiring/connectors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I tried one of those square ones..good one too...got a few channels of nothing.....we used to have a large tall big outside one..got 1 local channel. Im at the base of a hill with all stations about 50 miles on the other side.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I tried the antenna thing as well. The nearby college has a local access channel that comes in real good. Everything else is meh or non existent.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Does anyone remember if getting out of contracts with current suppliers is in this thread somewhere?

I'm finally taking action on dropping DirecTV, and I really have no idea if I even have a contract, and what the implications are if I cancel. Their website, even when logged in to view your account and all the details, is ATROCIOUS. And just really lacking in the information I need (like - how long is my contract? Where am I in that time period right now?)

Although with my recent streaming experiences, I was leaning toward the Hulu + ESPN option, Spectrum has been bombarding me with offers.

The current one seems very decent:

$96 (that's including all the bs fees and taxes, etc) monthly gets you 400Mbps internet and a bazillion channels, plus Showtime for 12 months. No box required (Cloud DVR), but also no mention of 4K.

Alternatively (FINALLY) you can get an a la carte package that let's you choose 10 channels, and everything else the same as above, for $74 after fees, tax, etc.

DirecTV is apparently feeding me 50 Mbps, and it is horrible with all three kids and my wife on Zoom all morning (virtual school and conference calls). But I don't know if 400 is a little overkill. They have a couple of cheaper packages with 100, which may be the way to go. Can anyone comment on the difference in internet speeds (and claims vs reality)?
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:25 pm Does anyone remember if getting out of contracts with current suppliers is in this thread somewhere?

I'm finally taking action on dropping DirecTV, and I really have no idea if I even have a contract, and what the implications are if I cancel. Their website, even when logged in to view your account and all the details, is ATROCIOUS. And just really lacking in the information I need (like - how long is my contract? Where am I in that time period right now?)

Although with my recent streaming experiences, I was leaning toward the Hulu + ESPN option, Spectrum has been bombarding me with offers.

$96 (that's including all the bs fees and taxes, etc) monthly gets you 400Mbps internet and a bazillion channels, plus Showtime for 12 months. No box required (Cloud DVR), but also no mention of 4K.

Alternatively (FINALLY) you can get an a la carte package that let's you choose 10 channels, and everything else the same as above, for $74 after fees, tax, etc.

DirecTV is apparently feeding me 50 Mbps, and it is horrible with all three kids and my wife on Zoom all morning (virtual school and conference calls). But I don't know if 400 is a little overkill. They have a couple of cheaper packages with 100, which may be the way to go. Can anyone comment on the difference in internet speeds (and claims vs reality)?
I'd suggest following this Wallethacks guide on How to Ruthlessly Negotiate Your Cable Bill, and be sure to do the suggested prep work ahead of making the call. Negotiating from a position of knowledge with an individual that works in the Retentions department and citing specific prices will put you in a vastly superior position.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I feel a bit 'off' in the world since cutting cable. I cant describe it..just dont feel right. I didn't watch anything but the news. And I DVRd it to skip ads. Id off and on during the day take a PC break and lay on the bed to rest my bones and flip around. That was totally it with my tv habits. But now its not there for even that. I now can only sit at the pc even when Im doing nothing and resting looking at a off tv and the ceiling is not relaxing. My feet, neck, back, and stuff hurts. Im still doing everything else like pc games and animal care. But Im a tad bored, sore, and in a meeeeh daze. Must be a form of tv withdrawl.

On the plus side my bill is $70 this month. Which is still too high.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:25 pm Does anyone remember if getting out of contracts with current suppliers is in this thread somewhere?

I don't think 400 is overkill... Especially if you have to do school from home.

Tangentially related, out of curiosity, I went and checked how much data we used last month. I have kids 11 & 14. One started school at home on 8/10, the other on 8/24. When they are not in school, they are almost always streaming something. We used 1.28 TB last month. :shock: I checked maybe 18 months ago and we were averaging 250 GB. I would strongly suggest you find someone without a data cap if at all possible.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

stessier wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:10 am

Tangentially related, out of curiosity, I went and checked how much data we used last month. I have kids 11 & 14. One started school at home on 8/10, the other on 8/24. When they are not in school, they are almost always streaming something. We used 1.28 TB last month. :shock: I checked maybe 18 months ago and we were averaging 250 GB. I would strongly suggest you find someone without a data cap if at all possible.
Yeah, thankfully I don't have data caps for either my home internet service, or for our data plans on mobile.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:04 pm I feel a bit 'off' in the world since cutting cable. I cant describe it..just dont feel right. I didn't watch anything but the news. And I DVRd it to skip ads. Id off and on during the day take a PC break and lay on the bed to rest my bones and flip around. That was totally it with my tv habits. But now its not there for even that. I now can only sit at the pc even when Im doing nothing and resting looking at a off tv and the ceiling is not relaxing. My feet, neck, back, and stuff hurts. Im still doing everything else like pc games and animal care. But Im a tad bored, sore, and in a meeeeh daze. Must be a form of tv withdrawl.

see if this works in your location: https://www.locast.org/
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:02 pm
Daehawk wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:04 pm I feel a bit 'off' in the world since cutting cable. I cant describe it..just dont feel right. I didn't watch anything but the news. And I DVRd it to skip ads. Id off and on during the day take a PC break and lay on the bed to rest my bones and flip around. That was totally it with my tv habits. But now its not there for even that. I now can only sit at the pc even when Im doing nothing and resting looking at a off tv and the ceiling is not relaxing. My feet, neck, back, and stuff hurts. Im still doing everything else like pc games and animal care. But Im a tad bored, sore, and in a meeeeh daze. Must be a form of tv withdrawl.

see if this works in your location: https://www.locast.org/

Afraid not. That would have been handy. Im Chattanooga TN area.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

stessier wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:10 am
I was at 100 before covid and ended up going to 1000 because of the heavy streaming, zoom and Teams we are all doing. The more bandwidth the better.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Welp, that did not go as planned at all.

Yesterday, our AT&T modem kept going down. This was a Bad Thing considering I have three kids streaming school video feeds, and an occasional video feed also streaming on my wife's computer for work. Got on a call w tech support and they sent me a new modem overnight (nice). Took the opportunity while I was calling to also check on my contract status, etc in order to cancel at some point in near future. I also was going to at least temporarily upgrade my internet speed from 50.

In terms of alternatives to cable, I had decided, and was pretty excited about, the Hulu + Disney + Live TV + ESPN deal. It's a fantastic price, and would be perfect for us. No one really watches cable channels much anymore (always streaming instead from a service). Not to mention it's around $60 less than we are paying now for DirecTV.

Results:
No contract.
can't cancel until the end of the current billing cycle, which is end of month

Now here is the kicker: they (AT&T) don't HAVE any internet option above the speed I have! WTF man, it's not like we're in the middle of the Ozarks. So when I heard that, I immediately said "OK, I need to cancel then". I was actually hoping to KEEP internet from DTV (upgraded speed), and then do the Hulu thing.

Now, I am pretty much forced to do the Spectrum option because I need internet access from someone. :grund: Ah well, it's not a HORRIBLE deal, but I don't like the idea of paying for streaming services on TOP of paying for cable. And we are a Mandalorian loving family if nothing else.

If I just bought internet access from Spectrum (at the 400 speed I mentioned above), that would cost $65 a month. For $15 more a month, I get 125 channels (almost all garbage IMO), Showtime (not nearly as "premium" as they used to be) for 12 months, and Cloud DVR for 12 months.

If I drop the internet speed down to 100, that's $45 a month, then tack on the Hulu package ($62/mo) and now we're at $107.

I would love to have a third internet provider option right about now, to add some competition. I really think the price both AT&T and Spectrum are asking is ridiculous.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

If it makes you feel any better (I know it makes ILB feel better), I pay AT&T $256 month for cable, internet and phone (yes, landline, shut up my wife won't let it go)

Oh, I also sub to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and Disney+ (I get HBO Max free with my AT&T gigabit internet).

So yeah, you don't have it too bad.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wouldn't piss on AT&T if they were on fire. And I hope they are. :)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:16 pm In terms of alternatives to cable, I had decided, and was pretty excited about, the Hulu + Disney + Live TV + ESPN deal. It's a fantastic price, and would be perfect for us. No one really watches cable channels much anymore (always streaming instead from a service). Not to mention it's around $60 less than we are paying now for DirecTV.

Now, I am pretty much forced to do the Spectrum option because I need internet access from someone. :grund: Ah well, it's not a HORRIBLE deal, but I don't like the idea of paying for streaming services on TOP of paying for cable. And we are a Mandalorian loving family if nothing else.

If I just bought internet access from Spectrum (at the 400 speed I mentioned above), that would cost $65 a month. For $15 more a month, I get 125 channels (almost all garbage IMO), Showtime (not nearly as "premium" as they used to be) for 12 months, and Cloud DVR for 12 months.

If I drop the internet speed down to 100, that's $45 a month, then tack on the Hulu package ($62/mo) and now we're at $107.

I would love to have a third internet provider option right about now, to add some competition. I really think the price both AT&T and Spectrum are asking is ridiculous.
I don't understand the "paying for streaming on top of paying for cable" line.

You were going to have to pay for internet from someone. Why are you forced to pay for cable from Spectrum? $65 for 400 mbps seems reasonable. How much was it going to cost for just internet from AT&T/DirecTV?

FWIW, I pay 69.99 for 200 mbps from Spectrum. Hmmm, I was going to comment on AT&T, but I just checked and their offer is 1 year at 1000 mbps for 59.99 with unlimited data. Reading the fine print, it really does appear to be unlimited (which is important as I used 1.2 TB last month). Hmmmm. It would go up after a year by $30, but that might actually be worth it.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:27 pm If it makes you feel any better (I know it makes ILB feel better), I pay AT&T $256 month for cable, internet and phone (yes, landline, shut up my wife won't let it go)

Oh, I also sub to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and Disney+ (I get HBO Max free with my AT&T gigabit internet).

Does that include mobile access as well?
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

stessier wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:02 pm
I don't understand the "paying for streaming on top of paying for cable" line.

You were going to have to pay for internet from someone. Why are you forced to pay for cable from Spectrum? $65 for 400 mbps seems reasonable. How much was it going to cost for just internet from AT&T/DirecTV?
[/quote]
I pay $30/month for 50 (which apparently is the highest speed from them, for my address). That is probably due to bundling, so I am not sure how much it would be "off the shelf".

As for the streaming on top of cable comment, I meant that I am already paying for "TV content" from Spectrum with this package (125+ channels!), so it feels a bit....superfluous (and yes, I know the content is quite different).
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:34 pm
coopasonic wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:27 pm If it makes you feel any better (I know it makes ILB feel better), I pay AT&T $256 month for cable, internet and phone (yes, landline, shut up my wife won't let it go)

Does that include mobile access as well?
Nope mobile is all Verizon due to work requirements.

$134 for cable (102 + 10 HD + 22 taxes & fees)
$75 for internet (1000 + HBO Max)
$46 for phone (33 + 13 taxes & fees)

Cable feels a little high, I need to see what I can do there. Phone is too, but I assume they are maintaining their infrastructure just for us. Don't ask what infrastructure as it's all over fiber.
Last edited by coopasonic on Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its $69 for 100/10 Spectrum here. They have a monopoly and they take full advantage of that. Like I said many time..a couple miles south is EPB and for that same $69 you get 1000/1000.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:16 pm Welp, that did not go as planned at all.

Yesterday, our AT&T modem kept going down. This was a Bad Thing considering I have three kids streaming school video feeds, and an occasional video feed also streaming on my wife's computer for work. Got on a call w tech support and they sent me a new modem overnight (nice). Took the opportunity while I was calling to also check on my contract status, etc in order to cancel at some point in near future. I also was going to at least temporarily upgrade my internet speed from 50.

In terms of alternatives to cable, I had decided, and was pretty excited about, the Hulu + Disney + Live TV + ESPN deal. It's a fantastic price, and would be perfect for us. No one really watches cable channels much anymore (always streaming instead from a service). Not to mention it's around $60 less than we are paying now for DirecTV.

Results:
No contract.
can't cancel until the end of the current billing cycle, which is end of month

Now here is the kicker: they (AT&T) don't HAVE any internet option above the speed I have! WTF man, it's not like we're in the middle of the Ozarks. So when I heard that, I immediately said "OK, I need to cancel then". I was actually hoping to KEEP internet from DTV (upgraded speed), and then do the Hulu thing.

I suggest using the following guide from CordCuttingReport.com to more effectively research your options: How to Get the Best Deal for Internet Without Cable

You may be surprised to discover that you have more favourably-priced options for broadband connectivity than you initially thought.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Carpet_pissr

Getting Rid of Cable

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Thanks for that, I read through it and checked all the options listed. Only Toast (and of course AT&T) were available in my location.

But reading it also made me realize that my two options are better, price-wise (relatively) than I thought.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

So we are cutting the cord at my house. I got a 3 year deal with Disney+ when it first came out. Tried Hulu/HBO-Max free trial to get Wonder Woman, kept Hulu for a month cause it had stuff we wanted to watch.

Wife liked it enough she thought she could do without cable. Plan is to finish out the current billing period, then cancel cable and just keep AT&T internet. 25MB speed. I can upgrade to 50. Will if we find that useful/necessary, but we didn't during our trial period.

Internet will be $55/month. Currently paying a reduced rate of $141/mo with their "300" plan - covers cable, internet, and all the taxes/fees for cable. That left a lot of room for subscription stuff.

So far, we have Disney+ (because of the 3 year deal), Amazon (because we have a cheap student discount sub to Amazon prime), Hulu (ad free, not Hulu TV), Hallmark Movie Now. Going to add Discovery+. When we can't get Amazon for cheap, we may drop prime. When the deal for Disney+ expires, it will go into rotation with Hulu, Netflix, whatever else pops up of interest and just cycle to watch what we want.

Got the ROKU Stick+, just hooked it up tonight. Works fine (haven't tried getting voice to work on the Google mini-nest).

My first question is, on this ROKU Stick, there are lots of channels with free stuff. Are any of them particularly recommended or particularly discouraged? Any harm in checking them out as long I don't accidentally buy/subscribe to something? Doesn't look like you could accidentally do that too easily. Would take 2-3 buttons pushes at least.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

If you're getting AT&T internet, I'm guessing you can get HBO Max at no additional cost. (Or if AT&T is your mobile phone provider.)
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

ImLawBoy wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:46 am If you're getting AT&T internet, I'm guessing you can get HBO Max at no additional cost. (Or if AT&T is your mobile phone provider.)
AT&T is my internet provider.

AT&T is also my mobile phone provider, but only on a pay as you go plan. $83/month (including taxes and fees) w/ paperless/autopay gets me 5 lines with unlimited talk/text, and 2 of the phones get 1 gig of data per month (after 1 gig, they drop to a much slower speed, don't auto add more data for a fee). It's enough for what we use it for. And covers a line for the kid, my mom and my aunt.

If you think there's some way that will get me free HBO Max though, I am all ears! :)
JCC

Post by JCC »

I think you only get HBO Max for free if you have gigabit internet. (I do and get it free.) Given AT&T gigabit costs $30 more than the gigabit I had from a local company before I moved in 2019, while I am glad to get HBO Max free, I am still grumpy about the total cost. haha
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

JCC wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:47 pm I think you only get HBO Max for free if you have gigabit internet. (I do and get it free.) Given AT&T gigabit costs $30 more than the gigabit I had from a local company before I moved in 2019, while I am glad to get HBO Max free, I am still grumpy about the total cost. haha
No idea what you pay, I just know gigabit's not an option for me. I can only get 50 (mbps?) max. I'd been curious about getting really high speed, but not so curious I'd have paid $100+ for it. Part of the point of cutting was to save some money after all.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

We have looked at going to internet streaming and dumping cable but by the time you add the stuff we want it really isn't that much cheaper. Sure, maybe $30-40 a month, but then we get to buy equipment and figure out how to get local stuff. Plus my daughter may spend time working from home so we need decent service.
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Scuzz wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:56 pm We have looked at going to internet streaming and dumping cable but by the time you add the stuff we want it really isn't that much cheaper. Sure, maybe $30-40 a month, but then we get to buy equipment and figure out how to get local stuff. Plus my daughter may spend time working from home so we need decent service.
If I get to 40 a month cheaper, I'm likely to go. I can usually get about $10 a month savingsish without sacrificing anything I'd care about. I can get to $40 by making sacrifices.

Inertia plus "what do I do for TV when the Internet goes down?" has stopped me in the past. But increases in price plus my own R&P disgruntleds plus TV becoming less stable is changing that. My next re-evaluation after the last year of price increases may very wall see me at $30 savings and I might just finally jump ship. I was in the process of jumping not too long ago when WOW upgraded my Internet "for free" which means after about $40 in price increases in the last two years that go in no small part to to pay channels politics I am very much opposed to funding but can't opt out of.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

while LordMortis wades in the paralyzing morass of inertia, i am completely revamping my home and mobile telecommunications service providers this month:

- switching from Xfinity (80Mbps) to CenturyLink fiber (theoretically, 960Mbps). also moving my home VoIP landline to them, for now. i do not subscribe to any cable or streaming services - OTA TV and the free streaming services through the public library (Kanopy and Hoopla) are good enough.

- was on FreedomPop for mobile service, but they're discontinuing their 'free' tier at the end of this month. so i signed up for 100 minutes/unlimited SMS/1GB data from Tello for $7+tax a month and (since my current iPhone 5S was no longer compatible and is slated to be completely obsolete in the US next year anyways) bought a second-hand iPhone SE 2 (2020 edition) from Swappa for a preeeettty good price.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

hitbyambulance wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:04 pm

- switching from Xfinity (80Mbps) to CenturyLink fiber (theoretically, 960Mbps)
I am on centurylink fiber, and been very happy with it, only 2 outages in the past 3 years, those were both major regional outages, and nothing personal.

I had to get new wireless cards for some of the PCs in order to get the good speeds, and a new home router as well. some older laptops and tablets are just out of luck though.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Jaymon wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:10 am
I had to get new wireless cards for some of the PCs in order to get the good speeds, and a new home router as well. some older laptops and tablets are just out of luck though.
not at all concerned about the wireless speeds. my home computer is wired and that's fine. don't need super fast data for work connection (basically everything i do is on my local laptop, with very occasional remote desktop login, which the current network easily handles) but i could run a cable over to the work computer if it was ever needed

(i don't really use anything else on the wireless connection.... trying to think... Chromecast Audio is used once in a while, but that doesn't need anything special... and the iPad is normally used for drawing and flight manual reading, which are all locally stored/run)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Not cable, but related. I've been a DirecTV customer for 21 years; that ended today.

I was dreading some type of retention pitch, but there was actually zero attempt to try and keep me. I'm thinking AT&T isn't really interested in this whole satellite TV thing.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
JCC

Post by JCC »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:16 pm I was dreading some type of retention pitch, but there was actually zero attempt to try and keep me. I'm thinking AT&T isn't really interested in this whole satellite TV thing.
Yes. I believe at some point they made a statement to the effect of "We have launched our last satellite." I think they would prefer people switch to the version of DirecTV which is all streaming. I am mildly surprised they didn't steer you towards that.

I just don't see any point in any live TV that isn't sports or news these days. CFB season is the only time I sub to one of those services.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

My dad lives off Youtube and my Amazon Prime Video subscription. I had Netflix too but if he's not watching Netflix then I cancelled the subscription. I got Paramount Plus (or whatever that's called now) for ST: Discovery, not that there's much else to watch... Unless I want to watch Loki and other stuff on Disney+...
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Does anyone here have T-Mobile Internet service? Unlimited 25-100MB access (speed seems to vary) for $50/mo with autopay and includes equipment. Also includes a $10/mo discount on YouTube TV.

Wife is demanding cable be gone again, and assuming YouTube TV can serve my needs in terms of local channels, this could save us about $60 per month.
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

YTTV is our cable substitute and I'm satisfied with it. I only ever watch live TV if there's breaking news or a political debate or a weather emergency or something of that ilk, but the virtual DVR slurps up most of the movies and shows from AMC, Comedy Central, TCM, and the networks that I used to get from cable. There are also about a billion sports and children's channels that I've hidden, as you can customize the channel display to your liking. I envy your $10 discount. They raised the price from $50 to $65 a few months after I signed up and got everything configured right.