Suicide Squad Official Trailer

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jag

Post by Jag »

Damn, this looks good. Song is overused at this point, but they did a good job fitting it in with the trailer. Margot Robbie stealing the show as Harley :wub:

Suicide Squad - Official Trailer 1 [HD]
tjg_marantz

Re: Suicide Squad Official Trailer

Post by tjg_marantz »

Hells yes
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

That's a fantastic trailer, and yes, MR does still the show.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Grifman wrote:That's a fantastic trailer, and yes, MR does still the show.
I'm going to need to see proof.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yes, I can't wait to see Harley on the big screen. And Leto's Joker, while a different take than what we've seen before, doesn't seem bad.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I haven't been paying any attention to this, so from the trailer I am assuming that the ragtag group of badguys (led by Will Smith) is put together by the government to go fight against The Joker. That about sum it up?

Two thoughts on the trailer itself:

1. That looks like fun.
2. Margot Robbie is a beautiful human being.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Skinypupy wrote:I haven't been paying any attention to this, so from the trailer I am assuming that the ragtag group of badguys (led by Will Smith) is put together by the government to go fight against The Joker. That about sum it up?
Seems to - and at one point it seems that Harley may join up with the Joker (I think I saw a brief moment of them together in a car).

More than the Joker, though, there's definitely something big on the lose - melting cars, busting up scenery.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Skinypupy wrote:I haven't been paying any attention to this, so from the trailer I am assuming that the ragtag group of badguys (led by Will Smith) is put together by the government to go fight against The Joker. That about sum it up?

Two thoughts on the trailer itself:

1. That looks like fun.
Batfleck is in it to. But my guess is he makes a 1 or 2 scene cameo and not much more.
FTE
Jag

Post by Jag »

Smith/Deadshot isn't the leader, it's some former military guy.

Yes she is.
(NSFW-ish)
Spoiler:
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm confused. There was a grainy filter and no one looked pensive or sad. In fact, it looked like they were having fun. This is a DC movie? Seriously though, that does look good. With that many characters I'd imagine balancing the story might get unwieldy but if the tone is right, they might do ok.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jag wrote:
Smith/Deadshot isn't the leader, it's some former military guy.
Rick Flag. From what I've seen, they are doing a great job of translating the Suicide Squad of the comics to the film. I'm actually more excited about this than I am about BvS, despite BvS leading into Justice League.
Smoove_B wrote:I'm confused. There was a grainy filter and no one looked pensive or sad. In fact, it looked like they were having fun. This is a DC movie?
I think I even saw a color that wasn't brown.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Odin

Post by Odin »

I'm currently thrilled with every single DC TV show and pretty bored with the movies. This trailer actually looks pretty good. I don't know whether it's good or bad that I know next to nothing about the Suicide Squad outside their appearances on Arrow.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Odin wrote:I'm currently thrilled with every single DC TV show and pretty bored with the movies. This trailer actually looks pretty good. I don't know whether it's good or bad that I know next to nothing about the Suicide Squad outside their appearances on Arrow.
That was pretty consistent with their appearances in the comics. Amanda Waller (who you probably know from Arrow) sends a collection of the worst super-villains out on suicide missions. If they survive, they lose a few years on their sentence. Bad guys forced to work together to achieve good results.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I had heard they were cribbing a lot of the movie from the excellent Assault on Arkham from DC Animated Studios, but I didn't realize how much so. This is a good thing though as that is one of my favorite DC efforts.
Covfefe!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

How long before it's renamed Suicide Scrote Squad?

I'm in for this movie, by the way.
Hodor.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

It looks better than B v S to me. Maybe without the brand recognition, the movie was left alone to be what the creators wanted?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

sgoldj wrote:It looks better than B v S to me. Maybe without the brand recognition, the movie was left alone to be what the creators wanted?
Or maybe it just wasn't directed by Zack Snyder.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Blackhawk wrote:
sgoldj wrote:It looks better than B v S to me. Maybe without the brand recognition, the movie was left alone to be what the creators wanted?
And has someone in charge that knows what colors are...
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
WYBaugh

Post by WYBaugh »

But is it oscar nomination-worthy??
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

Blackhawk wrote:
I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Batman using a rifle. I know, nitpicking.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

We don't know that it is a rifle. One of their inspirations was The Dark Knight Returns, one of the best-know Batman comics, and largely responsible for the change from Adam West Batman to the modern, darker version. From that comic, also not a rifle:

sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

Blackhawk wrote:We don't know that it is a rifle. One of their inspirations was The Dark Knight Returns, one of the best-know Batman comics, and largely responsible for the change from Adam West Batman to the modern, darker version. From that comic, also not a rifle:

I'd argue that the transformation was well underway with the stories written/drawn by O'Neal and Adams more than a decade before Miller. Dark Knight Returns is certainly a classic, even used as inspiration in other media as far back as Batman(1989).

I never liked that use of a grapple gun from DKR even when I read it the first time.

That being said, it's really an image thing. Certainly Batman has used projectile weapons shaped like anything BUT a great gun.. Missiles, etc. And still in DKR, Batman says to the S.O.B.s that we don't use guns, they are clumsy; our weapons are quiet and precise. (Paraphrased).
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Unless, of course, you look at 30s/early 40s Batman. He used a gun fairly regularly.
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

Blackhawk wrote:Unless, of course, you look at 30s/early 40s Batman. He used a gun fairly regularly.
Absolutely true. He wore a side arm, a .45 I think. Also had no problem letting the bad guys fall to their death.

Of course back then, Superman would spank a woman, and crash in on a wife abuser to slap him around a bit. Ah, the Golden Age. :D
DD*

Post by DD* »

Comic Con 2016 apparently. Also, holy shit!
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

DD* wrote:Comic Con 2016 apparently. Also, holy shit!
I never knew this existed. Damn, was it good.
Hodor.
DD*

Post by DD* »

pr0ner wrote:
DD* wrote:Comic Con 2016 apparently. Also, holy shit!
I never knew this existed. Damn, was it good.
Yes, I never realized I wanted to be a cell bar before watching this. :shock:

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

We discussed it a bit over in the "DC Fan" thread. I loved both trailers - I'm actually more hopeful for this than I am for BvS.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Blackhawk wrote:I'm actually more hopeful for this than I am for BvS.
As someone who's fairly ambivalent to comic book movies in general, I think BvS looks absolutely terrible. Zero interest at all.

This, OTOH, is pretty interesting.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

New trailer. Did I see Harley with a giant hammer?
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

New trailer looks good, but it's sooo obvious WB is scrambling to make it look funnier in the wake of scathing Batman v Superman reviews.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

YellowKing wrote:New trailer looks good, but it's sooo obvious WB is scrambling to make it look funnier in the wake of scathing Batman v Superman reviews.
Im surprised they didnt see the need to go with more of a lighter, more comic tone with Suicide squad from the start. Youre dealing with a group of very despicable people as the focus of the entire movie. If you want people to accept them along with their flaws, the best way to do that is the get them to make you laugh. Its either that or you go full on grim dark and we have seen how thats worked out for DC.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
Jag

Post by Jag »

rshetts2 wrote:
YellowKing wrote:New trailer looks good, but it's sooo obvious WB is scrambling to make it look funnier in the wake of scathing Batman v Superman reviews.
Im surprised they didnt see the need to go with more of a lighter, more comic tone with Suicide squad from the start. Youre dealing with a group of very despicable people as the focus of the entire movie. If you want people to accept them along with their flaws, the best way to do that is the get them to make you laugh. Its either that or you go full on grim dark and we have seen how thats worked out for DC.
Bale's Batman was pretty grimdark and I think he did a good job of it, but I agree SS lends itself to being lighter given the nature of the 'heroes'.

You also have a great comedic actor in Will Smith (thinking about Men In Black and Independence Day). Why not take advantage of it.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I saw a trailer in front of BvS - not sure if it is the newest or not. I know nothing about DC, but this looks like it could be good. I love Robbie as Harley Quinn and Smith as Deadshot. In the wake of Deadpool, I really hope they go for it with this movie. Make it R-rated and just pull out all the stops.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Not buying it, David Ayer. "We love your movie as-is! Now go spend more money!" said no studio exec ever.
JSHAW

Post by JSHAW »

Reshoots, Beshoots, it's a no-brainer that this one is gonna make many many truckloads
of money, more than BvS. Not that that's a big thing, but it seems to make studios happy
and keep the sequel trains running on time.

From memory can anyone name all the members that are going to be IN
this movie version of Suicide Squad? Yes, I could IMDB it, but I kinda want
to see if anyone's knowledge is that awesome at this time.
Holman

Post by Holman »

There's someone in that trailer besides Harley Quinn?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Does there need to be? I think not.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
MHS

Post by MHS »

Blackhawk wrote:New trailer. Did I see Harley with a giant hammer?
You did, you did see a puddy tat...

Black Lives Matter. No human is illegal. Women's rights are human rights. Love is love. Science is real. Kindness is everything.