Disney+ Streaming

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Disney+ Streaming

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Just got Disney Plus but I can't figure out how to sync my account from my phone to my Fire TV stick. Specifically my favorites or watchlist. I have two Fire Sticks and my cell phone and none are the same. I logged out and back in, but they are still different. Something I can do to sync them?
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I'd presume that things like the watchlist should be associated with a user profile rather than the individual devices. I just checked, and I have the same user profile and corresponding watchlist on my PC, phone and Fire Stick without needing to do anything to sync them. Are you using the same user profile across all your devices? If that isn't the issue, I've got no other ideas. It's always just worked for me.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Xmann

Post by Xmann »

Yeah, using the same account and all are different. Watchlist shows are different. No idea why
gf.me/u/zhnmhs
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

New policy moving foward:
Disney+ is shifting its original series release dates from Fridays to Wednesdays. The news comes after Marvel’s Loki — which shifted its premiere date from Friday, June 11, to Wednesday, June 9 — became the streamer’s most watched series premiere.

The changes will begin in July and affect all global original series. As such, the premiere dates will shift for original series including the animated Monsters, Inc. show Monsters at Work (July 2 to July 7) and live-action comedy Turner & Hooch (July 16 to July 21), among others. (An updated release schedule is below.)

Sources say the shift is designed to accommodate the increased volume of original content on Disney+. The Wednesday schedule is strictly for original series, including The Mandalorian and other Star Wars and Marvel TV series. Original movies will continue to bow on Fridays on the streamer.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Xmann wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:12 pm Yeah, using the same account and all are different. Watchlist shows are different. No idea why
Everything should be the same across all devices. Do you have multiple profiles? D+ allows you to set up different profiles on one account. Is it possible your devices have different default user profiles?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
naednek

Post by naednek »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:34 pm New policy moving foward:
Disney+ is shifting its original series release dates from Fridays to Wednesdays. The news comes after Marvel’s Loki — which shifted its premiere date from Friday, June 11, to Wednesday, June 9 — became the streamer’s most watched series premiere.

The changes will begin in July and affect all global original series. As such, the premiere dates will shift for original series including the animated Monsters, Inc. show Monsters at Work (July 2 to July 7) and live-action comedy Turner & Hooch (July 16 to July 21), among others. (An updated release schedule is below.)

Sources say the shift is designed to accommodate the increased volume of original content on Disney+. The Wednesday schedule is strictly for original series, including The Mandalorian and other Star Wars and Marvel TV series. Original movies will continue to bow on Fridays on the streamer.
I read the main reason why is when it was on Fridays it made it where you didn't talk about it around the "cooler" the next day at work. Having it on a day where you are working (assuming you are M-f) that would help generate buzz.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Well played, Disney+. You win this round...

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Is Bruce Willis somewhere in there?
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I doubt he's champing at the bit to work with them again.
A few years before The Sixth Sense was released, Bruce Willis was involved in the Disney film, Broadway Brawler. Willis, who was both producing and starring in the film, ended up firing most of the crew, including the director, less than three weeks into production.

With all the turmoil, Disney was forced to abandon the movie and take a $17.5 million loss.

To make up for it, Willis signed a three-picture contract to which a portion of his salary would go to covering the studio's losses on Broadway Brawler. The first of those three films was Armageddon, the second was The Sixth Sense, followed by The Kid.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

This looks awesome.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Moved my comments to the specific thread.

https://octopusoverlords.com/forum/view ... hp?t=98676

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image

Why was I unaware of this short?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

New trailer
The “Andor” series will explore a new perspective from the Star Wars galaxy, focusing on Cassian Andor’s journey to discover the difference he can make. The series brings forward the tale of the burgeoning rebellion against the Empire and how people and planets became involved. It’s an era filled with danger, deception and intrigue where Cassian will embark on the path that is destined to turn him into a rebel hero.

Diego Luna returns as Cassian Andor and is joined by cast members Genevieve O’Reilly, Stellan Skarsgård, Adria Arjona, Denise Gough and Kyle Soller. The executive producers are Kathleen Kennedy, Sanne Wohlenberg, Diego Luna and Michelle Rejwan. Tony Gilroy is the creator and showrunner.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Star Wars Skeleton Crew....

Star Wars: Skeleton Crew Officially Announced for 2023 With Jude Law
Star Wars: Skeleton Crew Officially Announced for 2023 With Jude Law

Disney has officially announced Star Wars: Skeleton Crew, a new Disney+ original series that will launch in 2023 and will star Jude Law.

Revealed at Star Wars Celebration, Star Wars: Skeleton Crew is created by Spider-Man: No Way Home's Jon Watts and Christopher Ford, and Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni will serve as producers.

This new series will follow a group of 10-year-old kids from a small planet who get lost in that galaxy far, far away and must try to find their way home. The story will take place after Star Wars: Return of the Jedi and will fit within the timeline The Mandalorian and Ahsoka take place in.

Details of the then-untitled Star Wars: Skeleton Crew were reported on earlier this month and had a working title of Grammar Rodeo. It was also described as galactic version of classic Amblin coming-of-age adventure films of the '80s.
Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Looks like theres about 18 new Star Wars titles coming from tv to movies. Think Disney is trying to milk it? Or maybe burn us out forever.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I don't care as long as they're "good". But what I'm really waiting for is a Star Wars series that isn't so heavily dependent upon nostalgia and known characters/associations. The Andor trailer looks a little more promising in that regard, but I'd really like to see them cut the cord entirely. Of course, I don't mean you can't revisit known planets or that ships and droids shouldn't look and sound like known ships and droids etc.

But as others have said better, we're just so mired in this small selection of characters and events. Where's the miniseries about the washed up Bith musician who gets roped into a kidnapping plot, and the biggest name drops are second-tier supporting characters from the movies? Actually that sounds horrible, but something like that. Star Wars really needs to get weird again.

Being owned by Disney is is both a blessing and a curse. There's a ton of content and everything is possible financially, but it's all so mainstream and required to be just a hair too family friendly. I don't mean that Star Wars needs to have adult content, just that they govern their risks and marketing accordingly. It all feels so sterile and calculated.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

As long as Disney owns Star Wars it will never be anything but mainstream and family friendly. They will never go outside that box. They dont have the guts to do it, the brains to come up with anything original, or the will to lose money.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Not everything is made better by going ultra violent, gritty and/or cynical. Family friendly is fine if they tell good stories.
Covfefe!
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I have a hard time looking at the original trilogy, the prequels, and the clone wars… comparing them to Rogue One, last Jedi, and the Mandalorian… and coming away thinking Disney is TOO family friendly for Star Wars.

I think the new stuff is distinctively darker than what George Lucas was doing. Not necessarily better, but darker.
Malificent

Post by Malificent »

msteelers wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:44 am I have a hard time looking at the original trilogy, the prequels, and the clone wars… comparing them to Rogue One, last Jedi, and the Mandalorian… and coming away thinking Disney is TOO family friendly for Star Wars.

I think the new stuff is distinctively darker than what George Lucas was doing. Not necessarily better, but darker.
I don't necessarily want them to break away from family-friendly, but I would be happy if they broke away from fandom-friendly. Be more willing to do stuff that isn't all callbacks to stuff that is already loved and/or that the noisy fanbase screams for. They've done some of that. Mandalorian did some, but it's also had a lot of fan service references.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Malificent wrote:
msteelers wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:44 am I have a hard time looking at the original trilogy, the prequels, and the clone wars… comparing them to Rogue One, last Jedi, and the Mandalorian… and coming away thinking Disney is TOO family friendly for Star Wars.

I don't necessarily want them to break away from family-friendly, but I would be happy if they broke away from fandom-friendly. Be more willing to do stuff that isn't all callbacks to stuff that is already loved and/or that the noisy fanbase screams for. They've done some of that. Mandalorian did some, but it's also had a lot of fan service references.
I can’t/won’t disagree with you there. Mandalorian is my favorite Star Wars thing in years, and I think it’s largely because it was largely its own thing.

Although I did lose it during their major fan service moment.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Daehawk wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:41 pm As long as Disney owns Star Wars it will never be anything but mainstream and family friendly. They will never go outside that box. They dont have the guts to do it, the brains to come up with anything original, or the will to lose money.
The new Dr Strange pushed the violence level a lot more than most of the Marvel movies. To some extent Moon Knight also had a much darker tone.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its not Star Wars though
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Daehawk wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:33 pm Its not Star Wars though
It is Disney, though, so it relates perfectly to your point of what Disney would or would not do with its properties.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

They should just give up trying to convince us that Jedis aren’t dicks.
Covfefe!
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Why didn't anyone tell me that the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers movie featured animated J.K. Simmons?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Apparently Andor will have a somewhat different look compared to the other recent Disney+ Star Wars series, because they aren't using CGI sets.

Andor Is the First Star Wars Show for Disney That 'Doesn't Lean' on StageCraft
Since the debut of the first teaser trailer for Andor, many have commented on the impressive way the upcoming Star Wars show looks. As it turns out, the team behind Andor is forgoing ILM’s impressive CGI technology in order to utilize a more traditional way of shooting.

Starting with the first season of The Mandalorian, LucasFilm has used a new technology called StageCraft which utilizes an immersive CGI screen that wraps around the set to create the faraway worlds of Star Wars. This technology has been used for The Mandalorian, Book of Boba Fett, and Obi-Wan along with other Disney Plus shows. But Andor will buck this trend.

“We haven’t been working with Stagecraft at all for our show, no,” says Andor executive producer Sanne Wohlenberg in an interview with IGN at Star Wars Celebration. “It is the first Star Wars show for Disney Plus that has not been leaning into that technology.”

naednek

Post by naednek »

Hrothgar wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:52 am Why didn't anyone tell me that the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers movie featured animated J.K. Simmons?
because I didn't want to torture you. My kids watched it and it was horrible. I think for me it was Chip and Dale's voice. Ya I know the original actors are probably long gone, but they didn't even try.

The integration of different technology was cool, but man the movie was soooo bad
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

naednek wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:57 am
Hrothgar wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:52 am Why didn't anyone tell me that the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers movie featured animated J.K. Simmons?
because I didn't want to torture you. My kids watched it and it was horrible. I think for me it was Chip and Dale's voice. Ya I know the original actors are probably long gone, but they didn't even try.

The integration of different technology was cool, but man the movie was soooo bad
My cat caught a chipmunk today within Wife's view, so I had to "rescue" it and then finish it off with a shovel after removing Wife to her fainting couch. I think it was Dale. JK Simmons was not involved.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

My folks have a chipmunk. They're convinced it's one and gave it a name. I'm convinced it's a colony and they only ever see one at time.

Rescue Rangers was my favourite show as a kid so I refuse to watch this. I remember my mother walked in on the credits once and grilled me as to what I was watching, convinced it was a soap opera.

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Very disappointed in Obi Wan Kenobi so far. I actually continued my D+ sub into May just to be able to watch it, but...boooo. Completely disagree with the RT score which is super rare (for me).

Maybe they were trying to see how badly the casting/writing/acting could get with a character, like with Haydn Christensen as Anakin. I'm referring to the Reva character here, played by Moses Ingram. Must be the writing or direction, bc she was amazing in Queen's Gambit. Absolutely SUCKS here though, but maybe it's also a genre thing, or... I dunno. "BE AS WOODEN AS POSSIBLE ...WE WANT THIS TO MAKE CARTOON/COMIC VILLAINS BLUSH WITH EMBARRASSMENT"

It's rare that one character's poor acting can ruin a whole show or movie for me if they aren't the main character, but it happened. :( Not my only complaint about the show, but it's probably my biggest.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I really liked the Rescue Rangers movie, but I didn't have an overwhelming love for it growing up so the voice acting not matching didn't bother me. It's absolutely hilarious, with tons of pop culture references and is clearly aimed at adults who grew up watching the show.