Disney+'s Marvel Serieses and de facto WandaVision Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

YellowKing

Re: Disney+'s Marvel Serieses

Post by YellowKing »

Strangely enough my son (who HATES all things superhero with a fiery passion) absolutely loved WandaVision. He absolutely refuses to watch any Marvel movies, even after I explained to him that these characters are literally from Marvel. He just wants more WandaVision, and was pretty upset when I told him that's all there is.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

For now, at least...

That's the best thing about comics. It's never over!
“I’ve been at Marvel too long to say a definite ‘No’ to anything as far as a second season of WandaVision,” [Feige] answered. So, in true Marvel fashion, it’s technically a tight-lipped “we’ll see.”
Given how popular and well-received it was, I'd be amazed if they don't figure out something.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:14 am For now, at least...

That's the best thing about comics. It's never over!
“I’ve been at Marvel too long to say a definite ‘No’ to anything as far as a second season of WandaVision,” [Feige] answered. So, in true Marvel fashion, it’s technically a tight-lipped “we’ll see.”
Given how popular and well-received it was, I'd be amazed if they don't figure out something.
Nothing gets the creative juices flowing like someone offering you a big bag of money.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:09 am Strangely enough my son (who HATES all things superhero with a fiery passion) absolutely loved WandaVision. He absolutely refuses to watch any Marvel movies, even after I explained to him that these characters are literally from Marvel. He just wants more WandaVision, and was pretty upset when I told him that's all there is.
That's interesting. I've been recommending WandaVision to everyone, but always with a caveat for people who hadn't seen the full set of Marvel movies, since the show does draw from that backstory a fair amount. I've been curious what the show experience would be like for people coming to it clean.
Black Lives Matter.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:21 am but always with a caveat for people who hadn't seen the full set of Marvel movies, since the show does draw from that backstory a fair amount. I've been curious what the show experience would be like for people coming to it clean.
I forget what they're called, but Disney has 5 minute recaps available on Disney+ to get people caught up on the characters. There's one each for Wanda, Vision, Falcon, and Winter Soldier. Basically a mini clip show of their key moments in the movies.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:09 am Strangely enough my son (who HATES all things superhero with a fiery passion) absolutely loved WandaVision. He absolutely refuses to watch any Marvel movies, even after I explained to him that these characters are literally from Marvel. He just wants more WandaVision, and was pretty upset when I told him that's all there is.
You can't even get him to watch Dr Strange? I'd think he might like that one, unless he is just in love with Wanda lol. You can always tell him she will be in Dr Strange 2, so it will be good background.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

I spy Baron Zemo's purple ski mask.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

rittchard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:04 pm
You can't even get him to watch Dr Strange? I'd think he might like that one, unless he is just in love with Wanda lol. You can always tell him she will be in Dr Strange 2, so it will be good background.
Or maybe Age of Ultron since it gives backstory on both Wanda and Vision?
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

He's 9 so I think he's at the stage where he's rebelling against all the things a 9-year old is "supposed to like." Superheroes, Star Wars, etc. Both my kids have a fierce independent streak which I'm grateful for, but man does it make it hard to buy them clothes or take them to movies. :lol:
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

My daughter *refuses* to watch anything that's popular. No Harry Potter, no Star Wars, no Marvel, no Lord of the Rings...it's enraging. I have no idea how I spawned a hipster but it's exhausting.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Smoove_B wrote:My daughter *refuses* to watch anything that's popular. No Harry Potter, no Star Wars, no Marvel, no Lord of the Rings...it's enraging. I have no idea how I spawned a hipster but it's exhausting.
This is my daughters and Hamilton.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

My youngest hates Hamilton because he cheated on his wife, so she roots for Aaron Burr.

They both root for Jar Jar.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:54 pm They both root for Jar Jar.
What's it like raising the next generation of sociopaths?
Zarathud

Disney+'s Marvel Serieses

Post by Zarathud »

They do play D&D and adopt the goblins rather than using them as trap detectors. But they still plan on taking over the Sword Coast. So their goals are sound even if their methods remain questionable.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Is there such a thing as a conscientious tyrant?
Covfefe!
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

More Marvel TV incoming this Friday.

That red-headed actor was the only good part of Solo. Nice to see that she's still getting work!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

nothing to see here.
Last edited by Daehawk on Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Someone reboot Daehawk. That's two threads now he's repeating. :D
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Wandavision's a tough act to follow, though. Not dying to watch this, but open to it if it gets good reviews.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

As we are preparing for the launch of the next Disney+ Marvel Series can I beg you all to give it a thread of its own? The Meal has been low key pushing back on megathreads for a while now and I am joining the bandwagon. Megathreads may be more inclusive, but they dilute discussion on any specific subject.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:06 pm As we are preparing for the launch of the next Disney+ Marvel Series can I beg you all to give it a thread of its own? The Meal has been low key pushing back on megathreads for a while now and I am joining the bandwagon. Megathreads may be more inclusive, but they dilute discussion on any specific subject.
Or we could go the other direction and have one giant thread for everything.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:00 pm Someone reboot Daehawk. That's two threads now he's repeating. :D
Fixed. Wait whats the other one?
Malificent

Post by Malificent »

AV Club commenter was satirically listing all the stuff Marvel will do in the next year while DC is remaking the Snyder Cut again (not really happening) and they produced this gem:
* WandaVision 2: the UnWidowing, will be released in April 2022. It will feature Natasha Romanoff waking up in a Connery-era Bond movie, then progress to a Parallax View 70s thriller, then a gritty LeCarre adaptation, then an Austin Powers-esque film and finally, a Bourne film.
It may just be me, but I would watch the hell out of that.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Malificent wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:57 pm AV Club commenter was satirically listing all the stuff Marvel will do in the next year while DC is remaking the Snyder Cut again (not really happening) and they produced this gem:
* WandaVision 2: the UnWidowing, will be released in April 2022. It will feature Natasha Romanoff waking up in a Connery-era Bond movie, then progress to a Parallax View 70s thriller, then a gritty LeCarre adaptation, then an Austin Powers-esque film and finally, a Bourne film.
It may just be me, but I would watch the hell out of that.
It would be better if she met The Avengers

Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Daehawk

Re: Disney+'s Marvel Serieses and de facto WandaVision Thread

Post by Daehawk »

Ill put this here. Contains spoilers if you haven't watched the show I guess. Also Im finding a lack of humor in his videos lately. Seems dry. Not like when he first started them.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

When you're having to crank out a video a week so the algorithm doesn't 86 you, they're not all going to be winners.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:02 am When you're having to crank out a video a week so the algorithm doesn't 86 you, they're not all going to be winners.
+1. One thing that puzzles me a bit is why he is still editing together an 8 minute video. Maybe the algo is the answer but it seems like a lot of work.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:02 am When you're having to crank out a video a week so the algorithm doesn't 86 you, they're not all going to be winners.
+1. One thing that puzzles me a bit is why he is still editing together an 8 minute video. Maybe the algo is the answer but it seems like a lot of work.
I think Pitch Meeting is better - still find those consistently funny.
Black Lives Matter.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:34 am
I think Pitch Meeting is better - still find those consistently funny.

Yup. But even his are starting to wear on me .
stessier

Post by stessier »

The algorithm likes longer videos. +10 minutes was the goal a few years ago. I'm not sure if it is higher now, but I'm sure it's not lower based on the people I watch.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Moon Knight incoming.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

She is a smart lady...also she is hot and awesome :)

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So apparently they recently changed the after credits scene in the season/series finale.

Some are saying it's Dr. Strange himself...
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:21 am So apparently they recently changed the after credits scene in the season/series finale.

Some are saying it's Dr. Strange himself...
Has Marvel said anything about this? Or is this fans going through the credits and noticing a change?
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I don't think Marvel has released any statements, but it has been verified by numerous fan sites/websites.
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:50 am I don't think Marvel has released any statements, but it has been verified by numerous fan sites/websites.
Verified that it's different, or verified that this is actually something meaningful? I'm just trying to figure out the chances that this was changed to add Dr. Strange in astral form, vs. "someone used the wrong filter in the original episode post-production, so they corrected it from 'Filter 005B' to 'Filter 005C' and as a result a few second in the finale have a different shading than they did before, and now fans are driving a truck through a few seconds of static".
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I would go with the third option.

YOU'RE A NERD
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:26 am I would go with the third option.

YOU'RE A NERD
Let's keep this on an adult level, Mr. Poopy Pants.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sure thing....

....NERD

<p.s. this is all tongue in cheek>
Covfefe!