Disney+'s Marvel Serieses and de facto WandaVision Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Ralph-Wiggum

Re: Disney+'s Marvel Serieses

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I’ve really like this show, but one thing from this last episode really annoyed me:
Spoiler:
a random astrophysicist grad student was able to hack into the government computers in, what?, five seconds? I know it’s a trope and happens in shows/movies all the time, but it’s such lazy writing.
Black Lives Matter
Jag

Post by Jag »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:38 pm I’ve really like this show, but one thing from this last episode really annoyed me:
Spoiler:
a random astrophysicist grad student was able to hack into the government computers in, what?, five seconds? I know it’s a trope and happens in shows/movies all the time, but it’s such lazy writing.
Well she wasn't random. She was literally just working on them. And she was initially chosen for a reason.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

msteelers wrote:
McNutt wrote:How does a "good guy" kidnap and painfully mind control civilians and not be a villain? She's definitely lost in her grief, but many villains have backstories explaining why they're bad. This is hers.
Spoiler:
Norm said “she’s in my head.” Not “Wanda’s in my head.”
I think we are definitely supposed to think at this point Wanda is behind everything. But I also believe her when she tells Vision she’s not controlling everything.
Spoiler:
This didn’t age well, lol.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

At least you're coming up with interesting theories. I got nothin'.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Episode 7:

Non spoiler:

Continuing on with my Friday morning viewings. Another good episode with a few significant plot developments. And, I remain very impressed with Elizabeth Olsen. I thought she was fine in the Avengers movies, but just sorta there. With WandaVision, I see now that they just didn't give her much to do. I hope she gets more non-Marvel work after this (Paul Bettany as well!)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
"And I killed Sparky too." :lol:
Really looking forward to the next two episodes.

Edit: P.S. Watch through the credits on this one.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:38 pm I’ve really like this show, but one thing from this last episode really annoyed me:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
She said to address her as Dr., so I'm guessing she graduated :)
JCC

Post by JCC »

This show is crazy!
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think most marvel fans saw
Spoiler:
the Agatha Harkness reveal coming. I just don’t want her to be a villain. I loved her character back in the 80s when she was a friend to the Fantastic Four. Hopefully she’s trying to help Wanda.
He won. Period.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Yeah...that episode lost me. I have no idea who that person is or why she’s important.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Even though marvel fans from back in the day will recognize her at once, I’m sure they’ll explain who she is for those who don’t.
He won. Period.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I think this episode was designed for the Marvel fans more than the movie fans. I'm the latter and was not terribly excited after this episode.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Interesting. I have no idea who she is but I thought the twist was awesome just on its own.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
msteelers

Disney+'s Marvel Serieses

Post by msteelers »

Yeah, I don’t fully grasp why knowing the characters from the comics would be a prerequisite to enjoying this episode.
Spoiler:
I’ve read a ton of Marvel comics over the years, and don’t have any recollection of Agatha Harkness or Photon/Spectrum/whatever her name is. I’ve only ever heard their names in discussion of this show and the Captain Marvel movies.
There was a ton of great stuff at the end of this episode that they showed us.
Spoiler:
Agathas theme song was awesome, as was the montage revealing her being behind some of the biggest mysteries of the show.

She appears to have the same powers as Wanda. Which makes me think that the yo-magic ad from last commercial was a way to say that Wanda and Pietro didn’t get their powers from the mind stone. The ad said that the kid needed to access his magic to survive. He couldn’t and died. We know there were other kids that Hydra tried to use the mind stone on. All of them died except for the wonder twins. According to the ad, Wanda and Pietro survived because they tapped their inner powers.

The Nexus ad screamed multiverse. We know this will ultimately set up Multiverse of Madness. Will we see Dr Strange make an appearance in Westview. My guess is no, but it’s not out of the question.

Agatha now seemingly has Wanda under her control.

If Agatha has mind controlled Pietro, that reopens the door for this to be the Quicksilver from the Fox universe.

Mid credits scene!
Only 2 episodes left and a lot of story left to tell.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I didn't like the direction they took with that reveal. Maybe it would have resonated more if I had some familiarity with the characters. That's all I meant.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Friday morning watch of Episode 8 complete. Quick non-spoiler: there is another mid credit scene this week. Don't accidentally miss it.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Hamlet3145 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:53 am Friday morning watch of Episode 8 complete. Quick non-spoiler: there is another mid credit scene this week. Don't accidentally miss it.
Thank you!

After watching Ep1, MHS and I started watching the long long long credit roll and we looked at each other and commented "Seriously?" That first episode felt like something four people could've put together, not eight minutes of listing 2-point font names scrolling by nearly so fast you couldn't read a-one of them.

As the series has gone on, the extent of the cast and crew list is becoming a bit more understandable.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

They've essentially made a new Marvel film as a miniseries.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Wow! Quite the exposition dump this week. Can't wait for the finale next week!
Black Lives Matter

Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Watched the final episode. Quick non-spoiler note: there are TWO credits scenes this week. A mid-credit scene and then another after the remaining credits.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Just finished the finale. Gotta say this show as a whole was amazing - one of my favorite shows of the past few years. Really amazing how they blended together sitcom satire and a compelling superhero show (that added a *lot* of depth to Wanda).
Black Lives Matter.
naednek

Post by naednek »

so is it truly a series finale as the title of the episode suggests?

Kids and I loved in. We finished all the marvel movies in order, just finished all the spidermans and wanda vision, have nothing to watch until Captain America spinoff airs in two weeks.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

naednek wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:18 pm so is it truly a series finale as the title of the episode suggests?

Kids and I loved in. We finished all the marvel movies in order, just finished all the spidermans and wanda vision, have nothing to watch until Captain America spinoff airs in two weeks.
Yeah! I'm pretty sure it's a one shot series that pushes the MCU along. Doesn't mean we won't see either of them ever in a TV series again, but not in this kind of incarnation. Presuming you saw the finale, I think this story has been told with a strong concluding arc. Wanda is clearly going to be a big part of Dr Strange 2, and my guess is there will be more ramifications to the MCU after that.

I won't comment on the finale/series details, but just wanted to say how incredible of a job they did. To me, it really raises the bar (along with Mandolorian) of what we can expect/hope to see from streaming media. The quality of the writing, acting, effects - it was every bit as good and compelling as a major MCU movie, and yet they somehow compressed it to the small screen so effectively. Major kudos.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Fantastic finish! I was ambivalent about this show and didn't really see how it would work, but it was absolutely tremendous.
Black Lives Matter

Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

I love that marvel is basically dropping one new thing per week for the rest of the year. Like, we've got the WandaVision "Making Of" show next week then Falcon & The Winter Solider is on deck and Loki is coming up and then (hopefully) the Black Widow movie finally and then the "What If" series and then and then and then. :horse:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

One question:
Spoiler:
Shouldn't Westview Vision have told Wanda that he basically turned white vision into him (into regular vision)?
Seems like a heads up would've been appreciated.
Black Lives Matter.
JCC

Post by JCC »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:22 pm One question:
Spoiler:
Shouldn't Westview Vision have told Wanda that he basically turned white vision into him (into regular vision)?
I suppose...
Spoiler:
Some options:

1. Having fake Vision tell her that undermines what made for an emotional scene for fake Vision and Wanda. Fake Vision presumably still loves her despite being fake. So either he wanted an emtional goodbye or the writers/producers did or all of the above.

2. Maybe new Vision will not be the same Vision that loves Wanda. All we know is he remembers who he is. We don't know that he carries all the same emotional attachment(s) he had before. (Not sure if I think this is right, but I guess it's possible.)

3. Maybe some other reason? Something to be revealed later? Writers fell into a plot hole?
Black Lives Matter

AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Boy, did I like WandaVision. They did such a good job of building up the love between the two of them. I definitely teared up at the end there.

Also, thank god the post-credits scene wasn't just a promo for Marvel's next Disney+ series.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Going for #2 in the spoiler above.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Spoiler:
It's that old Westview/Eastview rivalry thing, I suspect.
He won. Period.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Spoiler:
So am I getting it wrong in thinking that Wanda's kids were really just imaginary, that she doesnt really have kids at all, and when she dropped the bubble, they went away?
Then who are the kids calling out at the end and wouldnt they still just be in her imagination?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Spoiler:
Remember what she says to them before she closes the door.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

JCC wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:41 pm
Spoiler:
I suppose...
Spoiler:
Some options:

1. Having fake Vision tell her that undermines what made for an emotional scene for fake Vision and Wanda. Fake Vision presumably still loves her despite being fake. So either he wanted an emtional goodbye or the writers/producers did or all of the above.

2. Maybe new Vision will not be the same Vision that loves Wanda. All we know is he remembers who he is. We don't know that he carries all the same emotional attachment(s) he had before. (Not sure if I think this is right, but I guess it's possible.)

3. Maybe some other reason? Something to be revealed later? Writers fell into a plot hole?
I like choice 2 since it gives ...
Spoiler:
...nu-Vision freedom of choice. He can hook up with Wanda in the future or start dating a SHIELD agent or some other woman. But he better watch out if the Scarlet Witch happens to cross paths with him and some floozy hanging on to him.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:15 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The "Thank you for choosing me to be your Mom" part? I didnt get that reference at all.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I imagine it will be relevant to future developments.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

stimpy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:58 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:15 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The "Thank you for choosing me to be your Mom" part? I didnt get that reference at all.
Spoiler:
It kind of suggests that while she created the physical bodies, that the essence/spirit of the boys was actually provided by something else.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Spoiler:
Also, where's Agnes / Agatha? It's clear that Wanda traps Agatha in the Agnes role in Westview, but then she closes the bubble. Guessing that Agnes is in some other reality / plane trapped in a Westview existence. Probably also tied into wherever the 'twins' are.

Guessing we'll find out more about this stuff in Dr. Strange 2.
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Spoiler:
I haven't caught up, so I can't read anything in this thread, but I just wanted to participate in the spoiler tag party.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

stimpy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:04 pm
Spoiler:
So am I getting it wrong in thinking that Wanda's kids were really just imaginary, that she doesnt really have kids at all, and when she dropped the bubble, they went away?
Then who are the kids calling out at the end and wouldnt they still just be in her imagination?
Spoiler:
My take on that is that it was the Darkhold. My understanding of the book comes entirely from its appearance in Agents of SHIELD but there it was portrayed as a book that could grant what you most wanted. I think the voices were the Darkhold's siren song to Wanda. It WANTS to be read.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Gryndyl wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:54 pm
stimpy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:04 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
My take on that is that it was the Darkhold. My understanding of the book comes entirely from its appearance in Agents of SHIELD but there it was portrayed as a book that could grant what you most wanted. I think the voices were the Darkhold's siren song to Wanda. It WANTS to be read.
Spoiler:
And reading it is BAD. :)
I watched the whole series on Saturday. I liked it. Wish it came out in bulk so I could binge sooner - it's hard to avoid spoilers for 9 weeks.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Pitch meeting for Wandavision. DO NOT watch this if you haven't seen the show and plan to. Its full of SPOILERS!
Spoiler:
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"