COVID-19 treatment and vaccine update thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: COVID-19 treatment and vaccine update thread

Post by Daehawk »

My cloth mask in 2020 never bothered me. My KN95 mask last winter didn't bother me. But now that its humid and hot that mask is making it hard to breath for me. Im over 3 weeks past my 2nd shot so Im ok.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Sudy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:21 am
Rumpy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:56 pm And as far as reminders go, last night they were asking if I was Ok to receive emails and update, and if they have the second dose appointment on file, wouldn't it be so hard to to give a friendly reminder when the new moved up available dates are available to register for? I mean, I kind of feel like it's a bit of a inconvenience that they would have you re-register if you're already in the system.
It would definitely be nice, but I don't think things are nearly that organized. I think it will continue to be necessary to keep our ears peeled... usually regional news reports will at least drop hints as to what we should be doing. Maybe check the portal you initially booked through once a week for any updates. At least that's what I plan to do. I usually find the breadcrumbs I need when I check cp24.com at least once a day.
Today the provincial health minister is talking about possibly scrapping the phased approach for accelerated 2nd doses and opening it up for anyone that wants it.

Ontario 'examining' possibility of letting more residents book second dose sooner: health minister
Health Minister Christine Elliott says that the province is “examining” the possibility of letting more Ontarians book appointments for their second dose of COVID-19 vaccine weeks or even months ahead of schedule.

Ontario made residents 80 and up eligible to receive a second dose this week but wasn’t planning to extend eligibility to all individuals able to receive a shot until the week of August 9.

Elliott, however, told reporters at Queen’s Park on Thursday that discussions are now taking place about potentially scrapping age requirements altogether “to make sure that anybody who wants to receive their second vaccine can get one as quickly as possible.”
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Scrapping the phased approach I don't think is a great idea. We're lucky that we're now getting more doses, and the phased approach makes sure everyone is treated equally. But scrapping it would just lead to confusion. I don't think we should really get ahead of ourselves.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:29 pm My cloth mask in 2020 never bothered me. My KN95 mask last winter didn't bother me. But now that its humid and hot that mask is making it hard to breath for me. Im over 3 weeks past my 2nd shot so Im ok.
I definitely stopped wearing my KN95s and just wear some snug cloth ones now. Soon I'll just go with the cheap disposables when I do wear a mask.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Rumpy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:35 pm Scrapping the phased approach I don't think is a great idea. We're lucky that we're now getting more doses, and the phased approach makes sure everyone is treated equally. But scrapping it would just lead to confusion. I don't think we should really get ahead of ourselves.
I'm beginning to think that putting out a plan and then scrapping it a week or two later may be Ford's signature move.

I suspect that what is driving this is the fact that we may be looking at a new variant-driven wave soon and the provincial government is desperate to get ahead of it before things fall apart on them and they have to shut everything down again.

B.1.617: The coronavirus 'delta variant' that could spark a fourth wave
The latest coronavirus variant of concern, which experts say appears to be more transmissible and cause more severe symptoms than other variants, could become the dominant strain of the virus in Ontario within weeks, one region's top public health official warned Wednesday.

The variant is one of two in the B.1.617 family, which has largely been responsible for the devastating COVID-19 situation in India in recent months.

B.1.617.2, known as the "delta variant" in the World Health Organization's new naming system, was declared the fourth variant of global concern on May 10. Last week, the organization reported that it has been detected in 60 territories around the world.

That includes Canada, where cases of B.1.617 have been reported in every province except Nova Scotia. In Nunavut, the variant is believed to be behind a COVID-19 outbreak at the Mary River Mine on Baffin Island.

Health officials in Ontario said Monday that there have been 120 positive COVID-19 tests among the 1,000 workers at the remote mine site, and that positive-testing workers had later returned to virtually every corner of Ontario.

Dr. Peter Juni, the scientific director of the Ontario government's Science Advisory Table, told CTV News Channel on Wednesday that the B.1.617 variants are "probably about 50 per cent more transmissible than" B.1.1.7, the variant identified in the United Kingdom that sparked Canada's third wave – which itself is significantly more infectious than the strain of SARS-CoV-2 that was originally predominant.
IIRC, B.1.1.7 was described as being 50% more infectionious than the OG SARS-CoV-2 virus.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:17 pm
I suspect that what is driving this is the fact that we may be looking at a new variant-driven wave soon and the provincial government is desperate to get ahead of it before things fall apart on them and they have to shut everything down again.

Yeah, I'd heard about the new variant from India, and it's certainly troubling. And under that reasoning, I can certainly understand wanting to do away with the phasing, but just how ready for a free-for-all vaccine buffet? Part of me worries that if they do that, we'll run the risk of running out. It's not like we can manufacture domestically and assure ourselves a steady supply. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Rumpy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:28 am Yeah, I'd heard about the new variant from India, and it's certainly troubling. And under that reasoning, I can certainly understand wanting to do away with the phasing, but just how ready for a free-for-all vaccine buffet? Part of me worries that if they do that, we'll run the risk of running out. It's not like we can manufacture domestically and assure ourselves a steady supply. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.
I don't believe that running out is a concern. The worst case scenario is that the clinics are fully booked and use up all the available vaccine as it is delivered. That's actually a good thing, even if it's inconvenient for people that have to wait for more appointments to open up. I'm more concerned that if there is a rush to book early 2nd doses, then it might squeeze out people who still need to get their first dose.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Which is exactly why I'm happy to live here.
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The accelerated plan has accelerated.

Ontario logs 914 new COVID-19 cases, opens more 2nd-shot vaccine appointments ahead of schedule
Ontario reported an additional 914 cases of COVID-19 and the deaths of 19 people with the illness on Friday, as the province opened appointments for second doses of vaccines for more people ahead of schedule.

Ontarians aged 70 and older, as well as those who got a first shot of Pfizer of Moderna on or before April 18 can book an appointment for a second dose through the provincial system — or through their public health unit, depending on where they live — starting Monday.

That's a week earlier than planned for those 70 and above, and three weeks earlier for those who got Pfizer or Moderna before April 18.

That said, these same groups, as well as anyone who got a first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine, can also opt to book a second shot through a pharmacy or primary care provider participating in the immunization campaign starting today.

According to a news release from the province, there are 327 pharmacies in Toronto, Kingston and Windsor offering second shots of AstraZeneca, and 450 offering the Moderna vaccine.

Ontario expects to receive 4.7 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine through June, and recently 193,000 more doses of the Moderna vaccine landed in the province.

Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:48 am
Rumpy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:28 am Yeah, I'd heard about the new variant from India, and it's certainly troubling. And under that reasoning, I can certainly understand wanting to do away with the phasing, but just how ready for a free-for-all vaccine buffet? Part of me worries that if they do that, we'll run the risk of running out. It's not like we can manufacture domestically and assure ourselves a steady supply. Or maybe I'm overthinking it.
I don't believe that running out is a concern. The worst case scenario is that the clinics are fully booked and use up all the available vaccine as it is delivered. That's actually a good thing, even if it's inconvenient for people that have to wait for more appointments to open up. I'm more concerned that if there is a rush to book early 2nd doses, then it might squeeze out people who still need to get their first dose.
Yeah, I was concerned about people being possibly squeezed out too. But I think they're expecting everyone to have had their first doses before then.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:29 pm My cloth mask in 2020 never bothered me. My KN95 mask last winter didn't bother me. But now that its humid and hot that mask is making it hard to breath for me. Im over 3 weeks past my 2nd shot so Im ok.
One side effect of constant mask wearing is that people I work with (and me) are having acne problems for the first time in forever. And yes, I wash my masks and change them often. But wearing them 8 hours a day for almost a year now has taken its toll on my face.
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Maybe you're just going through second puberty?
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Rumpy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:56 pm
Max Peck wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:48 am
Yeah, I was concerned about people being possibly squeezed out too. But I think they're expecting everyone to have had their first doses before then.
Ottawa (the city, not the Federal government) has already said that there isn't enough supply to accomodate accelerated second doses here, at least for the time being.

Ottawa warns appointments not available as province expands accelerated second dose booking to residents 70 and older
The city of Ottawa warns COVID-19 vaccine appointments will not be available for residents looking to shorten the wait time for a second dose of COVID-19 vaccine.

The Ontario government has announced that due to an increasing supply of vaccines, the following groups can book an accelerated second dose appointment through the provincial booking system starting Monday at 8 a.m.
  • Individuals turning ages 70 and over in 2021
  • Individuals who received their first dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine on or before April 18.
In Ottawa, the city says the expanded eligibility for second doses is great for the province, but it will "continue to squeeze appointment availability" at the city's community clinics.

"That won't be able to be met here because of our supply capacity," emergency services head Anthony Di Monte said during an interview on CTV News at Five on Thursday. "Every bit of vaccine that we have is committed or is about to be committed. If we remove the age eligibility or lower it again without additional supply, then it becomes a challenge for the community because there's an expectation they can book but they won't be able to.'

Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Hmm, kind of like I thought then. That's the thing about Ford, his job should be to speak about the entire Province, but then in terms of availability, these things are only really available in part of the Province. It's going to be very interesting to see it play out in the coming weeks between those can that support it and those that can't. Again, I expect a lot of confusion when people find out they can't just book like they were told via Ford's announcement.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Rumpy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:08 pm Hmm, kind of like I thought then. That's the thing about Ford, his job should be to speak about the entire Province, but then in terms of availability, these things are only really available in part of the Province. It's going to be very interesting to see it play out in the coming weeks between those can that support it and those that can't. Again, I expect a lot of confusion when people find out they can't just book like they were told via Ford's announcement.
I think the feeling right now is that while the Indian variant is 25% of all cases in Ontario, it's about to smoke Peel region and become dominant inside of 2-3 weeks - and from what we've all seen in India, that is NOT good. Keep in mind we are in this situation because of the politicians screwing the pooch at the Federal and provincial levels since the beginning - but is further exacerbated by Ford and Christine Elliott's inability to critically think.

They need to remove this staging bullshit now, if you don't have a first shot yet (and don't have an appointment) then it means you probably aren't going to book one anyways. Remember the early stages when it was restricted to boomers, and they all sat on their hands and weren't booking appointments? I don't want to see that shit anymore while everyone waits for boomers to fill spots "eventually". Open the flood gates, let everyone book, make sure supply is there (and it sounds like it is with Pfizer anyways).

Hotspot diversion I'm ok with, but this age gating can kiss my ass.
No.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:30 pm Maybe you're just going through second puberty?
I don't think he knows about second puberty, Pip.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LordMortis wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:32 am
ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:30 pm Maybe you're just going through second puberty?
I don't think he knows about second puberty, Pip.
Woot!
I’m so happy I caught/understood this, as normally this is the kind of comment I scratch my head on for hours.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

FishPants wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:17 am
Rumpy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:08 pm Hmm, kind of like I thought then. That's the thing about Ford, his job should be to speak about the entire Province, but then in terms of availability, these things are only really available in part of the Province. It's going to be very interesting to see it play out in the coming weeks between those can that support it and those that can't. Again, I expect a lot of confusion when people find out they can't just book like they were told via Ford's announcement.
I think the feeling right now is that while the Indian variant is 25% of all cases in Ontario, it's about to smoke Peel region and become dominant inside of 2-3 weeks - and from what we've all seen in India, that is NOT good. Keep in mind we are in this situation because of the politicians screwing the pooch at the Federal and provincial levels since the beginning - but is further exacerbated by Ford and Christine Elliott's inability to critically think.

They need to remove this staging bullshit now, if you don't have a first shot yet (and don't have an appointment) then it means you probably aren't going to book one anyways. Remember the early stages when it was restricted to boomers, and they all sat on their hands and weren't booking appointments? I don't want to see that shit anymore while everyone waits for boomers to fill spots "eventually". Open the flood gates, let everyone book, make sure supply is there (and it sounds like it is with Pfizer anyways).

Hotspot diversion I'm ok with, but this age gating can kiss my ass.
Well, I agree, but I think they need to make it absolutely clear and unambiguous. Maybe it needs to be a hybrid, where they remove the gating for the hotspots and continue using it in other spots where availability is still a little rough, but whatever the case, they need to be much clearer about what's going on and where and not make it sound like it's being applied across the board, because the messaging has been very confusing since Day 1.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Today we dined indoors for the first time in 16 months. We went to a breakfast place that wasn't busy and were out in half an hour, because breakfast is quick. It felt totally safe.

A week after MA dropped its mask mandate, our numbers are still comfortably low (although they have stopped falling). But what struck me was some authority figure's remark that vaccinated people should enjoy our immunity while we can. Sooner or later it will wane, or a variant will make an end run around it, and we might have to withdraw again. I'm not going to throw caution to the wind, but I am going to carpe that diem more and more often.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

It amazes me how negative most of the medical profession still is.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Like I thought, my region's health unit announced it wouldn't be able to accelerate the doses just yet. It's all about dose availability, and many health units are still playing the juggling game. They likely won't be able to phase out the gating anytime soon as a result.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Me and the Mrs are fully vaccinated now. Our local grocery has dropped the mask mandate, and gone on the honor system. We live in a fairly rural part of Oregon, so we expect there is a lot of alternate versions of honor in use.
The state of Oregon itself is going to drop the mask mandate statewide when 70% of adults have at least 1 dose which is likely to happen before the end of June.

Personally, I am concerned about one of the variants being effective against the vaccinated (or is that vaccine being ineffective against the variant?) And then the variant ripping through the world. Am I being paranoid? There is a deadly virus on the loose that has killed millions of people. Now is a perfectly good time to be paranoid.

Keeping my mask on won't help me. But I will keep it on anyways. For my family, we are going to keep doing pandemic protocols for a while yet I think. Not sure how long.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

All the data we have so far suggests the vaccines remain effective against variants, however the longer the virus circulates unchecked the greater the chances that mother nature figures out a way to reorganize things in a way that might render the existing vaccines less effective. It's a numbers game now, which is why we need to continue to push lagging vaccinations across America and work to increase vaccinations around the globe.

Are you being paranoid? You're probably asking the wrong person. :lol:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I attended a local soccer match unmasked on Saturday night. It was a small crowd that distanced pretty well and I was at the upwind side of the bleachers with a stiff breeze, so I felt as protected as I could be. About 85-90% of people were unmasked. I did mask up between the car and the bleachers.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

We went unmasked at the grocery store this weekend as they have dropped their mandate.

It was weird and neither of us was very comfortable but it was before 11:00 AM and the store was dead. We went through self checkout and bagged our own groceries. The only time anybody was close was when a cashier had to type a birth date in for my booze purchase. None of the staff have been wearing masks for a week.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Masks everywhere here. They say you can take the masks off, people still mask.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I think I saw three or four masks on a five hour trip that included four stores today.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wear one in big crowded places like Walmart but dont in small empty stores like CVS. Most employees in the big stores wear one but not the ones in small stores. As for people not many wear them now. A few. Maybe 10 in 100. But this is TN and not many were bright enough here to bother with masks to start with..FREEDOM! and all.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I am still masking when entering any public building (e.g. grocery store, gas station), but I am now definitely in the minority. At gas stations especially, I am often one of only two or three masked people and occasionally the only person masked. Since the vaccination rate in our area is still relatively low, I won't be surprised if there is another uptick in cases soon.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

USA Today
Scores of workers at a Houston hospital system have been suspended and face being fired for refusing the COVID-19 vaccination, a controversial company mandate that has drawn protests and an outcry from those facing termination.

Houston Methodist CEO Dr. Marc Bloom said the 178 workers represent less than 1% of almost 25,000 employees.
Bloom said 27 of the 178 suspended workers have received one dose of vaccine, and that he is hopeful they will get the second dose. All are suspended for two weeks and are set to be fired if they fail to be fully vaccinated.
An additional 285 employees received a medical or religious exemption, and 332 were granted deferrals for pregnancy and other reasons, Bloom said.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Requiring vaccination at a hospital, I don't see what the big deal is. If anything, these healthcare workers should know how important it is to be vaccinated. We've had multiple outbreaks at our local hospital while waiting for doses.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
disarm

Post by disarm »

I think you would be surprised by a lot of hospital employee vaccination data. The health system that I work with in CT has only reached about 70% vaccination among employees at this point, and it doesn't seem like they're going to get much better any time soon. That's pretty much in line with vaccination rate for the all adults in the state, so working in healthcare and seeing COVID tear through our area last year doesn't really seem to have influenced anyone. They've had more than enough doses available for everyone for months, but a lot of people are still holding out. I don't understand why...
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Rumpy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:44 pm Requiring vaccination at a hospital, I don't see what the big deal is. If anything, these healthcare workers should know how important it is to be vaccinated. We've had multiple outbreaks at our local hospital while waiting for doses.
The word you are missing is freedumb.

To a degree, I can understand pushback on requiring a vaccine that is only available under emergency use authorization.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

My youngest kid (just turning 15) got his second Pfizer shot yesterday. That's the whole household.

So far he hasn't had any side-effects other than a brief headache. His older brother spiked a two-hour fever when he got his, but we haven't seen that this time.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

disarm wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:09 pm I think you would be surprised by a lot of hospital employee vaccination data. The health system that I work with in CT has only reached about 70% vaccination among employees at this point, and it doesn't seem like they're going to get much better any time soon
Right, but with them being in the healthcare line of work, you would think they'd know the risks the most. And yes, they only started offering the vaccine to healthcare workers here recently as well. Hypothetically, If I were offered the vaccine in that line of work, I would be jumping at the chance. Especially when we've seen our district be ravaged with LTC and hospital outbreaks in a time when we haven't enough doses. To see healthcare workers refuse it is pretty selfish. What are they doing in the healthcare profession if they aren't willing to protect themselves?? They knew what they were signing up for. Refusing it not only puts themselves at risk, but everyone else, including co-workers and patients at risk. It's so negligent.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I almost had to disown my wife when she expressed she did not wish to get vaccinated. However, when they vaccinated employees at her workplace, she did her duty without further complaint. Unlike my sister, who works for Walgreens. She refused and she's now banned from visiting my kids. Another friend of mine refused, and this led to me not going to a graduation party for a late friend's daughter.

My kids are excited that their time might come as soon as the end of summer. My 4 year old can't fathom venturing out in public without a mask, though. My kids have been better than most adults I know through this whole thing. They will actually refuse to enter a crowded playground if many people aren't wearing masks, and while they might be inwardly disappointed, they are definite in their resolve not to put themselves at risk. I'm so proud of them.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I was elated when my turn finally came for my first dose. It felt good to do what I felt was a civic duty. I'm not just protecting myself, I'm protecting everyone around me , including anyone I may come into contact with, directly or indirectly. Hearing about healthcare workers refusing to get vaccinated is a disgusting lapse in judgment. I wonder what the unions are thinking on this, and whether the hospital would have grounds for termination for those not complying. Sounds like a health and safety issue to me. Say a patient with a weakened immune system comes in and contracts the virus while in the hospital via one of these healthcare workers and dies. I'm sure the hospital would be under legal scrutiny.

I just can't fathom how someone in a healthcare profession can choose to refuse something that would potentially save many lives, knowing they come into contact with many sick people. It's irresponsible. Perhaps they shouldn't be in the healthcare profession if that's the way they want to be.

That's good to hear, Jeff. I think the biggest thing to come out of this has been patience. I noted to my Mom earlier today, that I felt I've grown more patient due to all the waiting we've done. It's been frustrating, sure, but in beginning to see the light, I think we'll come out alright in the end.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

United Airlines I believe already stated that it will NOT hire anyone that's not COVID vaxxed. And it's 100% legal.

While I don't wish ill on anyone, I consider "I'm not getting it even though I am critical healthcare worker" as selfishly stupid people and should enjoy their Darwin award. /facepalm

The "it's not fully approved" is just an excuse. GAJILLION doses dispensed with minimal side effects. COVID is a horrible way to die or even survive. Brookhaven National Labs just figured out how COVID destroys the lungs... it pulls essential cell junction proteins from the lung, basically dissolving the connection between cells in the lungs, in order to make more COVID virii. The weaker membranes also let virii escape to other parts of the body, making things worse.

The risk of the vaccine is MINISCULE compared to the risk of the virus. But they are too focused on their "rights" to see it. And that is the epitome of selfishness to the point of stupidity. You can be selfish all you want... even if you're dead.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Popped into CVS this morning and was mildly shocked to see that most people in there didn't have masks on. It wasn't crowded, so sample size issue I guess, but something like 5 of 8 people were unmasked. This is one neighborhood over from my leftist mask-loving neighborhood.
Black Lives Matter.