NBA 2020-21 Season (Now with Playoffs)

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Lorini

Re: NBA 2020-21 Season (Now with Playoffs)

Post by Lorini »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:12 pm It'll be interesting to see in the offseason if Philly moves away from Simmons. He's so frustrating because his potential is off the charts, but he is so bad at shooting (and clearly in his own head) that he's a liability on offense. Both Doc and Embiid subtly or less-so subtly blamed him yesterday for the loss. I'm not sure how they come back from that without some changes.
So what happens if they trade him and he becomes good somewhere else? Fans are going to be super mad.
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Brian Windhorst made an interesting point: what happens with Ben Simmons will likely depend on how he plays in the Olympics this summer. Right now, there might not be a huge trade market for him (at least not for a tier 1 player like Lillard); but if Simmons balls out this summer, other teams might be willing to pull the trigger for him, with the hope that they can fix his shooting/confidence.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

They claim to have a plan for him, but it probably needs to include cognitive behavior therapy. He needs to do some major re-framing.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Now the Clippers have the Suns right where they want them, down 0-2.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

George fails yet again. Wonder if he'll ever rid himself of the loser tag?
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lorini wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:31 am George fails yet again. Wonder if he'll ever rid himself of the loser tag?
I dunno. Didn't beating the Jazz without Kawhi help him in that category? And I feel like with Kawhi out (depending on when he returns) he's playing with house money - if he loses, then people will note that Kawhi was out for the series. If he wins, then he's a star for winning without Kawhi.
Black Lives Matter.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:39 am
Lorini wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:31 am George fails yet again. Wonder if he'll ever rid himself of the loser tag?
I dunno. Didn't beating the Jazz without Kawhi help him in that category? And I feel like with Kawhi out (depending on when he returns) he's playing with house money - if he loses, then people will note that Kawhi was out for the series. If he wins, then he's a star for winning without Kawhi.
Unfortunately for him, he took a lot of the blame for losing the 3-1 series lead last year as he had mental health issues. People like to remember the bad times not the good (Mookie is fine!! :) )
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:39 am
I think this is generally true for the series, but he can shoulder plenty of the blame for losing individual games (such as, for example, when he misses two FTs that would've definitively won the game).
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Actually I think it's more a problem of Bosnian men can't jump. There was only one place that in-bounds pass could go, and it went right over Zubak.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Lorini wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:34 am
Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:12 pm It'll be interesting to see in the offseason if Philly moves away from Simmons. He's so frustrating because his potential is off the charts, but he is so bad at shooting (and clearly in his own head) that he's a liability on offense. Both Doc and Embiid subtly or less-so subtly blamed him yesterday for the loss. I'm not sure how they come back from that without some changes.
So what happens if they trade him and he becomes good somewhere else? Fans are going to be super mad.
Sixers Fans Praise Ben Simmons For Embodying Philadelphia Spirit Of Half-Assing Job
Conform or be cast out!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

This just in: The Hawks are for real.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Atlanta is really fun to watch. Well, mainly Trae Young is, but he is more or less Atlanta now.
Black Lives Matter
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:37 am Atlanta is really fun to watch. Well, mainly Trae Young is, but he is more or less Atlanta now.
Yeah they won me over. Plus that Kevin Huerter is freaking adorable.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Thank goodness the Bucks win the ABCP* Bowl.

Vegas favorites for next year are currently Nets, Lakers and Bucks in that order. No respect.

*Anybody But Chris Paul
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter