Are you stimulating?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

What will you do with your stimulus check?

My what now? No, I'm not bitter
32%
My what now? Yeah, I'm bitter
3%
Spending on necessities
11%
Spending on luxuries
9%
Spending on experiences
2%
Paying down debt
15%
Paying taxes
6%
Saving
18%
Investing
2%
Other
3%

Total votes: 66

Daehawk

Re: Are you stimulating?

Post by Daehawk »

Why do you have 4 rounds?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I had two rounds. But we are coming up on 4. One was nearly full mid last year (something shy of $600), one was nearly empty late last year (like $60). The third round was early this year shortly after Biden took office, I got $0. The fourth round is what just went through with Biden/Congress which I quit tracking as I am sure I will get nothing.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I tried to log in to my bank account to pay a bill and it's timing out. I assume everyone is hammering it checking for stimmy.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
stessier

Post by stessier »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:24 pm I had two rounds. But we are coming up on 4. One was nearly full mid last year (something shy of $600), one was nearly empty late last year (like $60). The third round was early this year shortly after Biden took office, I got $0. The fourth round is what just went through with Biden/Congress which I quit tracking as I am sure I will get nothing.
No, there were only 3 rounds. The one last summer, the one after the election, and this one.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I thought Round 3 was a done deal and went out a while ago. Shows what I know. I still expect to get $0 and I won't be stimulating.

Edit, also I've never once heard
No, I'm not bitter
used without sarcasm. I can't even read it without hearing the sarcasm, regardless of how it is intended.
Last edited by LordMortis on Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Ours came in today as well, and they based it off our 2020 taxes because we got money for our daughter who wasn’t born until October. The last go around we only received the money for my wife and I, and they added the kiddos stimulus to our tax refund. Surprisingly, they also gave us money for her for the first round of stimulus even though she wasn’t born yet when that came out.

Is there any word on when the direct monthly payments for children will start? I’m assuming it will be a direct deposit, but I haven’t really researched it.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

msteelers wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:33 pmIs there any word on when the direct monthly payments for children will start? I’m assuming it will be a direct deposit, but I haven’t really researched it.
Best guess seems to be July, but I suppose we'll see.
When will I receive the money under the child tax credit?

That's not clear. The goal is to divide the payments into monthly installments, but the Treasury Department may determine that's not possible. It could be quarterly or whatever method is as frequent as possible. But the earliest it's expected to start is in July.

Elaine Maag, a principal research associate in the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, said monthly payments could begin as soon as July but if the government opts for quarterly payments it could take until the fall.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

My $1,400 is pending, and no reason to think it won't go through. My granddaughter turns 7 next week - prepare for massive spoilage.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:41 pm
msteelers wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:33 pmIs there any word on when the direct monthly payments for children will start? I’m assuming it will be a direct deposit, but I haven’t really researched it.
Best guess seems to be July, but I suppose we'll see.
When will I receive the money under the child tax credit?

That's not clear. The goal is to divide the payments into monthly installments, but the Treasury Department may determine that's not possible. It could be quarterly or whatever method is as frequent as possible. But the earliest it's expected to start is in July.

Elaine Maag, a principal research associate in the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center, said monthly payments could begin as soon as July but if the government opts for quarterly payments it could take until the fall.
Note that you are going to have to opt in if you want it that way (and realize what that could do to your taxes next year).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

not yet. I got the letter a while back, but nothing in my account yet. I know the account is proper, because my taxes are done and the return went in without issue.
I also see in the news that some folks are having delays especially Chase and Wells Fargo
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jaymon wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:14 pm not yet. I got the letter a while back, but nothing in my account yet. I know the account is proper, because my taxes are done and the return went in without issue.
I also see in the news that some folks are having delays especially Chase and Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo? Shocking!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Nothing today. All that I've been able to find out is that the rest are going out in 'the coming weeks', which means absolutely nothing. It could mean that they're doing them as fast as they can and almost everyone will have them by the weekend, or it could meant that they're planning on doing a batch every Wednesday for the next month and a half. The status site still has the generic and equally unhelpful "Payment Status - Not Available" message.

This isn't helping my nerves. A lot of money-related stuff has gone sideways in the last week, and we're rapidly approaching 'uh oh.'
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

IRS says access denied you do not have permissions when I enter my info to check.

Tried again and got Payment Status - Not Available. I hate this! My first one was like this and took forever to get. I got it deposited when people were getting the card in the mail it took so damn long. The second one I got within a couple days. I am like BH here as I NEED this for things right now.
Last edited by Daehawk on Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My rates are very reasonable.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:40 pmMy first one was like this and took forever to get. I got it deposited when people were getting the card in the mail it took so damn long. The second one I got within a couple days.
So far we've only received the first round from last year and we didn't even get that one until sometime around July. Since then...*cricket sounds*
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I was behind a teller line today replacing a printer and they were HELLA busy. Lots of people taking out $1k+ in cash and lots of cashier checks being printed.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:31 am
stessier wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:25 am I got mine today. There is a government site (IRS?) where you can check when you are supposed to get it. I checked on Saturday and it accurately said I'd get it today.

I've checked every day. Every day it is,"Payment Status - Not Available", which apparently means absolutely nothing.
+1. I imagine that means they're going to mail me a check again, for some reason.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Blackhawk wrote:I've checked every day. Every day it is,"Payment Status - Not Available", which apparently means absolutely nothing.
Samesies. I took a substantial hit from 2019 to 2020, such that I really need them to use my 2020 return for this calculation and not my 2019 return. I’m concerned that I filed too late, but I got the federal refund today, so I know they have it. But I don’t like that page that doesn’t mean anything. If I’m not getting it, just tell me that I’m not getting it. Stop teasing!
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:42 pm My $1,400 is pending, and no reason to think it won't go through. My granddaughter turns 7 next week - prepare for massive spoilage.
She hasn't been refrigerated?
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

were i getting one of these and i had it already, i'd give it to someone who needed it nownownow, then just have that person give me theirs when they got it
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Looks like these with my work bonus will be able to knock about 25% off my student loan bill. Before you feel too bad for me ( :wink: ), the percentage is low because I used my tuition reimbursement to pay off my credit cards rather than the student loans.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

My deposit also still shows as "pending" effective 3/17, but the bank day has ended and the status hasn't changed. I'm confused because they're pushing electrons and were advised said electrons would be pushed on 3/17. However, here I am without them.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

None for me. So sad.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Brian wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:21 pm
Daehawk wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:40 pmMy first one was like this and took forever to get. I got it deposited when people were getting the card in the mail it took so damn long. The second one I got within a couple days.
So far we've only received the first round from last year and we didn't even get that one until sometime around July. Since then...*cricket sounds*
Keep in mind, if you missed out on the first or second stimulus payment you were eligible for, you'll need to claim it while filing a 2020 tax return:
irs.gov wrote:Didn't Get the First and Second Payments? Claim the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit.
If you didn't get the full amount of the first or second payment you were eligible for, you may be eligible to claim the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit and must file a 2020 tax return even if you aren't required to file. The third payment will not be used to calculate the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Brian

Post by Brian »

Yup, already filed and claimed the credit.

Edit: Of course, I had to mail in my filing because for the 2nd year in a row, the IRS claimed my AGI didn't match what they had on record even though, again for the 2nd year in a row, I pulled it directly from the previous year's return, and so I have to play the waiting game.

I checked the status of my return yesterday and to no surprise at all, found that the status is "unknown."
Brian

Post by Brian »

And to follow up, I checked on the status of my Federal Return, my Arizona Return, and my Nebraska Return...all of them currently sit at "No Status Available" or "Return Not Found"

I mailed them a week ago so I guess I can give them a few more days and check again.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

So the new power supply did not resurrect my 8 year old computer. When I told my wife the price of the computer I had my eye on, she declared we wouldn't have budget to do anything for our 10 year anniversary a month from now. I found I could do a lesser model for about $400 less, but that goes against my conviction of getting the best I can afford. In other words, going with a cheaper model might not last 8 years like the last one did.
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

My wife has decided she needs a new bed. Oh good. In all fairness tho her olde one (a waterbed) is 25 years olde.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

dbt1949 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:35 pm My wife has decided she needs a new bed. Oh good. In all fairness tho her olde one (a waterbed) is 25 years olde.
I had trouble getting out of my water bed as a teenager. Im surprised she can.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Actually she's starting to fall out of it. :?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I swear by my full memory foam mattress.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

dbt1949 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:22 pm Actually she's starting to fall out of it. :?
That would be impossible with the one I had. It was full wave with a wood frame. It wasn't overfilled either. You had to pull yourself over those side rails hehe.

Does her's have the foam in it that makes it waveless and a fake covering that makes it look like a regular mattress? My dad had that type and it was not very comfortable to me as a teen. Now days though Id bet my old one would hurt my back like hell.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I guess if we are talking waterbeds I might as well mention that my wife and I have had one since we were married (41+ years) and actually she got it as a teenager, so it's over fifty years old. It had very nice wood side rails and is on a raised platform. We have replaced the mattress a few times, once after it sprung a leak on our wedding night :roll:. We didn't bother with a waveless mattress, but since it has a foam pad so the wave action is rather suppressed.

She sleeps wonderfully in it, or at least did till her back surgery. She can't lay in it without risking twisting her spine so she's been sleeping in her recliner. She has to wait till her next visit with the back doctor in early May to see if she is finally OK'ed to go back to it.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I only got to use mine about 4 years before I turned 18 and moved out. I missed that bed a while but it was too heavy and big to move around. It was a queen in a small bedroom. I had about 2 foot one side of it, 3 foot the other and maybe 5 at the foot to move around my room. My wife's bed turned out to be just as comfy and its just a normal bed. Really soft though which I love. Of course when she was in it with me it was always perfect :) . I still sleep in it. Its her bed from when she was a kid. My dad gave away my water bed to my brother about 5 years after I moved out or so I think....who then died soon after so was wasted .
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

One of my friends had a waterbed, the only one I ever slept on. It was hard to climb out of and sloshed around something fierce, but was pretty comfortable when it finally settled down. I remember thinking that it was probably fun for sex but suboptimal for sleeping. I considered buying one when we moved into our house, but they're too heavy for our second floor bedroom. How many gallons are in a queen size waterbed? Google says 196, and water weights 8.33 lbs per gallon.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You're missing the best part of the waterbed. It's the heater in winter. There's nothing like sliding into a warm waterbed in the depths of winter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:18 pm You're missing the best part of the waterbed. It's the heater in winter. There's nothing like sliding into a warm waterbed in the depths of winter.
It was also good for absorbing heat in the summer when I had no A/C.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

My very first paid job, at 11 or 12 (so '84 or '85), was as a 'duster' in the waterbed store where my father worked. I'd also go along with him on delivery/setup runs to help put the things together. I put together a lot of waterbeds, and in the mid-80s I knew as much about them as the salesmen who sold them, mostly from spending hours around them every day. My father had one for a few years, but I've never owned one.

His had the built-in heater, and he used it in the house where all we had in the winter was a wood burning stove for heat and windows that were so bad that you'd wake up with snow on the floor. We used to put a jug of water in the fridge to keep it warm (not kidding - it would freeze anywhere else.) My father's bed was a king size. He wouldn't share. I had to get by with a pile of blankets and going to bed fully dressed. Have I mentioned my dad was a dick?
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

He was a detective?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

No, he was a dick in public, too.