MLB 2021 Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Octavious

Re: MLB 2021 Regular Season

Post by Octavious »

2 out 3 games rained out. Works out for the Mets as they need to get players back. Kind of insane the season so far. Tons of injuries and cancelled games.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Padres finally dropped a game to the Astros, now it's on to the Cubs while the Giants get fat off of Angel pitching :x
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Loving this theme of beating LA teams

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

The Angels are always at your service for a win.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Jaymann wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:20 am Padres finally dropped a game to the Astros, now it's on to the Cubs while the Giants get fat off of Angel pitching :x
Cubs never let Tatis get going I see.
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Pillar already back and gets a hit in his first at bat. What a beast. deGrom 2 hits 8ks era drops to 0.71. Crazy....
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

What happened to Giants pitching geezus
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Bummer! Tatis is out and the Padres are in a skid. At least the Angels' bats finally came alive to keep the Padres a half game out of first.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

naednek wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:25 pm Loving this theme of beating LA teams

Well that didn't last long :(

Oh well, onto the cubs
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

The top three NL West teams all lost yesterday which is why I was so hoping the Dodgers could pull it out but they went down as well.
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I was pulling hard for the Dodgers too to give the Cubs a little distance from the Cards. Cubs are white hot right now, but they seem to be a different team on the road and I'm concerned about the upcoming 7 games at SF and SD.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I've tried all season to not complain about the manager but holy hell he was an idiot last night. Diaz blows his first save of the season but they go back ahead in the top of the 10th. He has a bullpen full of fresh arms including Seth Lugo. What does he do? He puts in May who was horrible the night before and he had thrown 26 pitches. It did not end well and the announcers were totally confused in why he did that.

Sigh we would be up 4.5 games on the Braves.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

ImLawBoy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:02 pm I was pulling hard for the Dodgers too to give the Cubs a little distance from the Cards. Cubs are white hot right now, but they seem to be a different team on the road and I'm concerned about the upcoming 7 games at SF and SD.
Dodgers have your back today. Scored 11 runs in the first inning!
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

4 game series against the Padres. I'll be happy if they split the series. With the rest of the NL East underperforming they just need to stay around .500 while they wait for the rest of the team to come back.

Bought me some tickets for Fathers Day to see the Somerset Patriots against the Flying Squirrels. First time going since they moved to be a AA team. It was a whopping 13.50 per ticket. :lol: The concession prices are sky high, but whatever it's still a great deal compared to ML level. Fun fact my best friends cousin owned and then sold a recruiting company many years back and made millions. He's part own of the Flying Squirrels as he's from Virginia. Dudes in his late 40's and pretty much is retired just doing fun shit. Wish I had that kind of ambition. :lol:

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Octavious wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:05 pm 4 game series against the Padres. I'll be happy if they split the series. With the rest of the NL East underperforming they just need to stay around .500 while they wait for the rest of the team to come back.

Bought me some tickets for Fathers Day to see the Somerset Patriots against the Flying Squirrels. First time going since they moved to be a AA team. It was a whopping 13.50 per ticket. :lol: The concession prices are sky high, but whatever it's still a great deal compared to ML level. Fun fact my best friends cousin owned and then sold a recruiting company many years back and made millions. He's part own of the Flying Squirrels as he's from Virginia. Dudes in his late 40's and pretty much is retired just doing fun shit. Wish I had that kind of ambition. :lol:
OMG - I'm going to see a Flying Squirrels game in Connecticut later this month. My son's baseball team was crowdfunded and so they put the name of the team up to public suggestion and a vote, and the winning team name was the Flying Squirrels. After that happened the coach learned that the Flying Squirrels were also a minor league team, and so we wound up making plans to go with the team to see the Norfolk Flying Squirrels play.
Black Lives Matter.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Octavious wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:05 pm 4 game series against the Padres. I'll be happy if they split the series. With the rest of the NL East underperforming they just need to stay around .500 while they wait for the rest of the team to come back.

I and naednek will be super happy if they beat the crap out of the Padres, just sayin' :)
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I think Tatis will be out the entire series so that should help.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Gosh darn it Tatis is playing. Boo lol

And got a hr that bounced out of the fielders glove. Dohhhhhh

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I obviously didn't watch the end as it's in SD but they almost came back in the 9th. Oh well. Will be super happy if they split the series. Tatis is a monster.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Octavious wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:21 am I obviously didn't watch the end as it's in SD but they almost came back in the 9th. Oh well. Will be super happy if they split the series. Tatis is a monster.
I do wonder when the pitchers will figure out how to pitch to him. The big hitters all seem to have their weakness when they come into the league.
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

It's year 3. If they were going to figure out a big weakness they would have already. He's just on another level like Trout.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Octavious wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:21 am I obviously didn't watch the end as it's in SD but they almost came back in the 9th. Oh well. Will be super happy if they split the series. Tatis is a monster.
I just watched the highlights. That Tatis home run was actually IN the glove before going over. And I love how Darvish helped his cause with the lumber.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Ya the fence knocked it out of his glove. The Mets very well could have won the game if he could have held onto it. Oh well. They had their chances. The had the bases loaded with 1 out and Pete hit into a double play. And in the 9th they had 2 on with 1 out and hit into another DP. I knew it would be a rough series, but I think we have deGrom pitching tonight.

*Edit* Oh god no we have Lucchesi pitching. We're screwed.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Octavious wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:09 pm It's year 3. If they were going to figure out a big weakness they would have already. He's just on another level like Trout.
Too bad he's in the NL West.....
Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I guess this is ok since he didn't use a video camera?

Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

They won't do anything about it until next season sadly, but ya it's out of control now. They realized nobody was going to do anything about it so they are all doing it. Doesn't explain how deGrom is throwing 102 though. :lol:

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I thought someone said the Cubs were good :(
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

deGrom another shutout. He's been great for years, but this year is on a level that is hard to believe. 0.62 ERA. WTF :lol: Lindor has an 8 or 9 game hitting streak now and looks very comfortable. I'm sure he's looking forward to getting home and not getting booed.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Split the series which is huge. Now off to play Baltimore.

naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote:I thought someone said the Cubs were good :(
Nope. Just the Giants are better.

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Lorini wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:22 am I thought someone said the Cubs were good :(
You do realize ILB usually drinks lots of Kool-Aid before posting here, right? :mrgreen:
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Jeez. That wasn't even close.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Umps have been REALLY bad about calling strikes off the plate this year. Worst I've seen that I can remember. Considering how bad the hitting is this kind of crap isn't helping. It seems like every at bat that Lindor has it starts with a strike off the plate. But OMG that wasn't even close.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Cubs came through finally, yay!
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Octavious wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:26 pm Umps have been REALLY bad about calling strikes off the plate this year. Worst I've seen that I can remember. Considering how bad the hitting is this kind of crap isn't helping. It seems like every at bat that Lindor has it starts with a strike off the plate. But OMG that wasn't even close.
It seems like they want MLB to go to robot umpires.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If we can get robot Spider-Man, robot umpires can’t be that bad.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lorini wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:00 am
Octavious wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:26 pm Umps have been REALLY bad about calling strikes off the plate this year. Worst I've seen that I can remember. Considering how bad the hitting is this kind of crap isn't helping. It seems like every at bat that Lindor has it starts with a strike off the plate. But OMG that wasn't even close.
It seems like they want MLB to go to robot umpires.
Yeah obviously I'm happy with the outcome as a Red Sox fan but yeah...really not sure what the ump was thinking there. Was he not paying attention somehow?

I've been inclined to support robo-umpires for awhile now, assuming the technology works.
Black Lives Matter.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Lorini wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:22 am I thought someone said the Cubs were good :(
Good enough to sweep the Dodgers. :P
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Is it bad that I get joy from watching the Yankees underperform? :lol: They build their entire team around hitting a million home runs so this season is an extra special nightmare for their setup. The Mets are only fielding 3-4 starters a game and still chugging along. It's really bizarre, but the key thing is that their pitching and defense is good. I don't think a lot of Mets fans understand how incredibly bad their defense has been the last few years.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:07 am
Good enough to sweep the Dodgers. :P
That's all you got?!! :) Wait til next time!!!!!

(Ah yes, the game where Roberts pulled Kershaw after 1 inning, the others were competitive. We have lost more one run games than any other team in MLB baseball).
Black Lives Matter