MLB 2021 Post Season

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Octavious

Re: MLB 2021 Regular Season

Post by Octavious »

Ya there's really no excuse for that play. I've never seen anything like that even in little league. Even if he thought there was less than 2 outs it still doesn't make any sense. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

That's the most batshit crazy part of the play. There were 2 outs! Step on the bag or tag Javy out, but whatever you do don't try to get the runner coming in from third! His run won't score if Javy never makes it to first!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 3:29 pm That's the most batshit crazy part of the play. There were 2 outs! Step on the bag or tag Javy out, but whatever you do don't try to get the runner coming in from third! His run won't score if Javy never makes it to first!
The first baseman could have just let the guy "score" then take his time strolling backwards, defending the base from Javy until a satisfying touch of the base. He could even ham it up by jumping up and down near the base or waving his glove like a matador. Since there is no time limit on a force out, it could have become a theater of the macabre.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Yup, he could have just stood there staring at Baez. I think he got a serious case of tunnel vision on that play. Even then the number of throwing/catching mistakes there was unusually high even for a team with the 2nd lowest payroll.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

What was the over/under on the game? Only 1 run through 3...
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

2-1 in the Mets game. This is a scoring blitz.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

noxiousdog wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:13 pm
Lorini wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:58 am
Jaymann wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:49 am Dodgers vs. Astros, the at least one of them has to lose series.
The Dodgers are good guys! The Astros (at least those who were on the 2017 team) not so much, especially Altuve. So glad we broke his hitting streak.
What do you have against Altuve?
His making fun of Darvish as an Asian while Altuve was in his dugout was racist.

Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Mets keep this nonsense up and Rojas is going to be manager of the century. Swept the double header.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Naednek they did better this time! Still lost of course but they did better :D
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:40 am Naednek they did better this time! Still lost of course but they did better :D
ya ya. That ump is a little generous in the strike zone...
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:42 am
Lorini wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:40 am Naednek they did better this time! Still lost of course but they did better :D
ya ya. That ump is a little generous in the strike zone...
As befitting the World Champion Dodgers.
Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Lorini wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:10 pm His making fun of Darvish as an Asian while Altuve was in his dugout was racist.
That was Gurriel, not Altuve.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

noxiousdog wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:10 am
Lorini wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:10 pm His making fun of Darvish as an Asian while Altuve was in his dugout was racist.
Thanks for the correction.
Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Lorini wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:41 am
Everything I know about Altuve indicates he's a good guy. He was one of the few that refused to participate in trash can banging and got angry with the rest of the team when they tried to "help" him.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

noxiousdog wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:43 am
Everything I know about Altuve indicates he's a good guy. He was one of the few that refused to participate in trash can banging and got angry with the rest of the team when they tried to "help" him.
Good to hear. I know that not all of them signed up for doing what was done. Also apparently people call Dusty Basky Angel Dusty??? That's racist as well although you'd have to know the Black community to realize it. So avoid calling him that please.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Lorini wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:18 pm Also apparently people call Dusty Basky Angel Dusty??? That's racist as well although you'd have to know the Black community to realize it. So avoid calling him that please.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I've never heard of Dusty Baker being called that, and he's managed both of the teams I follow.
Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Lorini wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:18 pm
noxiousdog wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:43 am
Good to hear. I know that not all of them signed up for doing what was done. Also apparently people call Dusty Basky Angel Dusty??? That's racist as well although you'd have to know the Black community to realize it. So avoid calling him that please.
One of my past guides in Montana is a favorite of Dusty's. He had a lot of great stories about him and none involved angel dust, or drugs of any sort for that matter. A little beer maybe. He loves his fly fishing for sure. He was bummed when he had to manage the All-star game because the break is prime fishing time.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Lorini wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:18 pm Good to hear. I know that not all of them signed up for doing what was done. Also apparently people call Dusty Basky Angel Dusty??? That's racist as well although you'd have to know the Black community to realize it. So avoid calling him that please.
I've never heard that. I'm not even sure what the opinion of him is in Astros circles.

I've always been an admirer of his. He certainly isn't a modern statistics guy, but his teams always seem to overperform (until the playoffs, but I've always thought baseball is too random to draw anything from the playoffs).
Black Lives Matter

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I still have a soft spot for Dusty. Yeah, he occasionally says dumb things like his comment about walks "clogging up the bases", but we all say dumb things. I will always remember him fondly for his time with the Cubs, particularly that first year when he took at team that was supposed to be an also ran and took them to the brink of the WS. He's also adapted his style a bit - he no longer has pitchers throw 120+ pitches on the regular! (Although I thought he got unfairly blamed for ruining the arms of Kerry Wood and Mark Prior. Wood was doomed from before Dusty came along, and a lot of Prior's problems stemmed from an injury while running the bases.)

Plus, Dusty just looks like a baseball manager should, and sometimes I want to be superficial. :P
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Octavious wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:12 am I just love that there's a team called the Trash Pandas. Now I want a hat. :lol:
Bought mine today.
Enlarge Image
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Yes! Astros melt down in the eleventh, Padres beat them 10-3.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Posey to save the day!

Now to hold them for one more inning!
naednek

Post by naednek »

DAMNT. I should have kept my mouth shut. Dubon wtf.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Enlarge Image
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

naednek wrote:Enlarge Image
Finally!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Pyperkub wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:38 am
naednek wrote:Enlarge Image
Finally!
tell me about it. the series should be split at the least.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Lassr wrote:
Octavious wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:12 am I just love that there's a team called the Trash Pandas. Now I want a hat. Image
Bought mine today.
Enlarge Image
LOL awesome. Back in the 90's they used to sell minor league hats at Lids in the mall. We had a billion different hats. Now they carry none. Not that it's hard to just order one but it was fun to look at them all in person. Now get off my damn lawn.

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:05 am Posey to save the day!

They didn't do that but sure you can have ONE win.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Padres do it again! Three-run blasts in the 9th and the 12th innings to spank the Astros.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The Mets are beating the piss out of the Braves. What a weird season so far.

naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:27 am
naednek wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:05 am Posey to save the day!

They didn't do that but sure you can have ONE win.
well about that...

Enlarge Image
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Yeah our starting pitching hasn't been great since Kershaw pitched. Don't know why, Bauer couldn't get out of his own way, Buehler was lucky to not take a loss and Urias was out and out terrible. Kershaw pitches tomorrow and he likes pitching against the Giants so hopefully we can get a split.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

White Sox City Connect jerseys revealed. First impression is positive but, not entirely sure what to think. Hats will do well. TA looks gooood.

Better than Boston and Miami, at any rate.

MYT
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Bye Ozuna. What a horrible man. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/315 ... y-violence
At 12:26 p.m. Saturday, Sandy Springs police responded to a 911 call and entered Ozuna's home after hearing screaming inside, according to the department's account of the incident. Officers, the release said, "witnessed the suspect grabbing the victim by the neck and throwing her against a wall. ... In addition to the strangulation attempts, the suspect also struck the victim with his arm which had a cast from a previous injury."
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Now that was a good weekend of baseball! See ya Kershaw!

Enlarge Image
Last edited by naednek on Sun May 30, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:21 pm Now that was a good weekend of baseball! See ya Kershaw!

https://scontent.fsac1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=60DA5BEC
Still ahead 4-3.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lorini wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:30 pm
naednek wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:21 pm Now that was a good weekend of baseball! See ya Kershaw!

Still ahead 4-3.
I will say, Muncy is quite the player.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:31 pm
Lorini wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:30 pm

Still ahead 4-3.
I will say, Muncy is quite the player.
We picked him up off the proverbial trash heap. The A's had dumped him but he's been phenomenal for us.

A lot of times I don't use/agree with pitcher wins and losses but Kershaw lost that game. The reason I say that is that he should have pitched better, he's a better pitcher than what he showed today. If a pitcher that has just been called up gives up 5 runs and the team doesn't win, then he 'lost' the game but that doesn't matter to me, he's still getting used to MLB batting.
Black Lives Matter