[Disney+] The Bad Batch

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daveman

[Disney+] The Bad Batch

Post by Daveman »

My daughter is very strict with her bedtime so we still have 15 minutes of the premiere to watch but I really like what I saw. The overall tone of the show was no different than the final season of Clone Wars and Rebels so if you like either I imagine this is an easy recommend.

I was pleasantly surprised at the almost 1.5 hour run time but I'm guessing that won't be standard. The small Rebels cameo was a really nice touch
JCC

Re: [Disney+] The Bad Batch

Post by JCC »

I thought this was fantastic. I missed the early cameo since I didn't recognize the name but read about it after the fact. Nice touch (even nicer if you aren't a dunderhead like me and missed it). I think this show should be a lot of fun. And yes, the other episodes appear to be shorter. (The premiere was about 75 minutes.)
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Yeah the first portion was fantastic!! I just finished Clone Wars and Rebels recently so this has been a real treat for me.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I enjoyed it.
Spoiler:
I was surprised that one of the Batch is going to be the antagonist (at least for now?), and I think that was a good idea. I'm not sure I liked that the chip not working for the others (especially Echo) was handwaved away, though and that they really didn't bother discussing things when they left the planet in the wake of order 66 (it's like they all ignored the elephant in the room, which I could see for Wrecker, but not Tech and Echo).

I'm also not sure how I feel about Omega, because kids on sci-fi shows don't have a great track record, but I'll be open minded for now.

It was nice to see that AZ3 again (hope he becomes a recurring character :) ). Also interesting to see that one Kaminoan helped the Batch leave.
JCC

Post by JCC »

My assumption is (on the antagonist)...
Spoiler:
... that they will "cure" him of his inhibitor chip. That may even be a big part the season 1 arc...?
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
JCC

Post by JCC »

Episode 2 was a lower key affair but still enjoying it.
Black Lives Matter

JCC

Post by JCC »

I'm still really enjoying this! They are definitely building to something.
Black Lives Matter

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

The first two were very good. The last few felt a little generic (like they could have fit in any of the animated Star Wars series - I want to see more of the Republic being replaced by the Empire.), but this last one had a recognizable voice that made me smile.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Defiant wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:24 pm ... but this last one had a recognizable voice that made me smile.
Muchii? :D
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

LOL, no, Cid.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Freyland wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:08 am
Defiant wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:24 pm ... but this last one had a recognizable voice that made me smile.
Muchii needs his own show!!!!
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I quite liked the last episode
Spoiler:
It was nice seeing a couple of familiar faces. Also smiled at the echo pun. And I had suspected that Wreckers implant was causing his headaches (did anyone not suspect it?), so it's nice to get some confirmation on that.

I wonder if the Martez sisters were talking to Senator Organa at the end
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

rittchard wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:26 pm
Freyland wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:08 am
Muchii needs his own show!!!!
Spoiler:
Is Muchii the Rancor later killed by Luke in RoTJ?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:38 pm
Spoiler:
Is Muchii the Rancor later killed by Luke in RoTJ?
That was my guess.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm trying to avoid spoilers so haven't read the thread. I've never seen the Clone Wars. Should I do that before watching The Bad Batch?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

stessier wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:52 pm I'm trying to avoid spoilers so haven't read the thread. I've never seen the Clone Wars. Should I do that before watching The Bad Batch?
It's pretty much a direct continuation though this just focuses in on one special team of clone commandos post Revenge of the Sith.

Here is the cheat sheet viewing list for Clone Wars if you don't want to watch every single episode:

https://collider.com/best-star-wars-clo ... plus-show/
stessier

Post by stessier »

Thanks!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
JCC

Post by JCC »

stessier wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:52 pm I'm trying to avoid spoilers so haven't read the thread. I've never seen the Clone Wars. Should I do that before watching The Bad Batch?
You should absolutely watch Clone Wars before the Bad Batch. You may also want to watch Rebels (even though it takes place after the Bad Batch). You should watch Clone Wars anyway, because it's awesome. (Ok, there are plenty of not awesome episodes, but the best Clone Wars rivals the best Star Wars..... or IS the best Star Wars...)

On another note, this week's Bad Batch was - by far - my favorite. Gripping.
Black Lives Matter

JCC

Post by JCC »

So the Bad Batch first season came to an end. I have really enjoyed the show. I would say this is the Star Wars movie/show that has the least amount (almost none) of the Force in it - which is refreshing. They have towed the line well of having a "child" character be a focus without her becoming annoying and totally useless - far from it in fact. I would say that this season is probably better than the first seasons of Clone Wars or Rebels. Whether it will exceed the best seasons of Clone Wars or Rebels remains to be seen. But, I like it a lot, like the characters, and will be excited for its return next year! Thumbs up!
Black Lives Matter

rittchard

Post by rittchard »

JCC wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:26 am So the Bad Batch first season came to an end. I have really enjoyed the show. I would say this is the Star Wars movie/show that has the least amount (almost none) of the Force in it - which is refreshing. They have towed the line well of having a "child" character be a focus without her becoming annoying and totally useless - far from it in fact. I would say that this season is probably better than the first seasons of Clone Wars or Rebels. Whether it will exceed the best seasons of Clone Wars or Rebels remains to be seen. But, I like it a lot, like the characters, and will be excited for its return next year! Thumbs up!
Ditto from me!!! I was afraid Omega would be a distraction but as it turns out she really became like the heart and spirit of the show without taking away from the other elements. I guess I would have still liked a few more Rebels follow-ups/guests but don't want to be too greedy lol.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Agree, when she was first introduced i was afraid it would take too much of a kiddy direction with the show but I should have more faith in Filoni by now. I like the direction they took her and it was a very good series.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

We just finished watching this Monday. It had it's highs and lows but over all we really enjoyed it and are glad that there will be a season 2.
Black Lives Matter
JCC

Post by JCC »

Hot damn!! January 4th!

Black Lives Matter

JCC

Post by JCC »

The opening 2 episodes of season 2 are excellent.
Black Lives Matter

JCC

Post by JCC »

Is anyone else watching this? They put out an awesome 2 parter today which ends the first half of the season.Like all of their animated shows, there are some filler episodes. But the best episodes are fantastic.
Black Lives Matter

wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I've been watching. It hasn't been grabbing me as much as last season, but it's been having its moments. I'll be moving forward with it regardless since it's a good "with the kids" show, so I hope when I get to this two-parter it improves my opinion of the season.
JCC

Post by JCC »

There are some filler episodes, but the underlying arc (which is continued today) is very dark and compelling. Looks like there is a 2 part season finale next week!
Black Lives Matter

JCC

Post by JCC »

The season 2 finale was quite the pair of episodes.
Black Lives Matter

Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

We have been enjoying the season. They have taken their time, which I have no problem with.
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Makes me want to play SWTOR some more.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I've got 3 episodes of season 2 remaining. So good timing.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
JCC

Post by JCC »

Absolutely can't wait for the final season. I think the Filoni-verse of animated Star Wars has been awesome. I assume it will come to an end with the Bad Batch, which makes me sad.
Black Lives Matter