Defining the 21st Century Republican Party?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: Defining the 21st Century Republican Party?

Post by malchior »

Jeez. Failing a physical pen test is game over from an audit/controls perspective. There is no universe where it isn't tainted - beyond the zillion other factors why this was a sham to begin with.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Those who are wont to believe whatever they want, won't care.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:49 pm Those who are wont to believe whatever they want, won't care.
Yeah, the purpose of this exercise is to find voter fraud, which they will do. QED.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Or claim that their security was breached, tainting the results when they don't find any.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Everyone can rest easy, as the audit process will be streaming on OANN to ensure "full transparency". And they super-duper pinky swear that they will have non-partisan observers...but won't provide any detail about who they are.

The long-awaited hand count and forensic audit of the election in Maricopa County starts Friday. Process will be live-streamed nationally @OANN observers will be non-partisan for full transparency. Glad to support @AZSenateGOP in their efforts. #ElectionIntegrity
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:10 pm Everyone can rest easy, as the audit process will be streaming on OANN to ensure "full transparency". And they super-duper pinky swear that they will have non-partisan observers...but won't provide any detail about who they are.

The long-awaited hand count and forensic audit of the election in Maricopa County starts Friday. Process will be live-streamed nationally @OANN observers will be non-partisan for full transparency. Glad to support @AZSenateGOP in their efforts. #ElectionIntegrity
"Long-awaited" is doing a lot of lifting there.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Will be well worth it if Biden gains some votes.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Beyond the fabrication of lies I think we might be seeing them build a Harris narrative just like they built one for Hillary Clinton.

malchior

Post by malchior »

And to put the above in context it is fascinating to watch the VSP wake up to reality. It's also a great clip if you still think things aren't incredibly dangerous right now.

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

"don't know what to do about it" and "something that they can't stop"??! WTF

They knew exactly what they were doing, intended to do it, and have no intention of stopping it. If anything they are still trying to fan the flames higher!

Weird, weird take IMO. I guess if you are talking about the 4 old GOP'ers still in office that yearn for the good old, days. But the current GOP writ large? It's too late for any that even for a long time didn't like what Trump was doing, but never really spoke up. The Crazy has taken over, and it has no intention of slowing down until the entire ship is sunk.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Honestly makes sense (from the cynical GOP perspective) that if they're not seeing traction on their Biden attacks to try to build something focused on Harris (the most prominent black woman around) and see if that sticks. I strongly suspect that they'll ultimately fall back on "Pelosi and Schumer are really running things" storyline for the 2022 mid-terms, which I imagine will work ok but not spectacularly.
Black Lives Matter.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I do think this is going to be interesting to watch he strategy here from the GOP and their minions. Not only will they need to run disinformation campaigns against Biden and his agenda for the next ~year (to promote resistance for everything he's trying to enact) but at the same time they need to make sure they're also focused on attacking anything and everything the VP is doing with the strong suspicion that she's a front runner for 2024.

I will continue to reiterate my standing position - defining the 21st Century Republican Party? Hot, festering garbage.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Biden's strategy (which seems to be working) is to not engage the crazy. It's going to be interesting to see if that strategy is going to work in the long-term. Will the electorate follow his lead? Or, at least, will enough follow his lead to outnumber the ones content to drink the Kool-Aid?
malchior

Post by malchior »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:47 pm Biden's strategy (which seems to be working) is to not engage the crazy. It's going to be interesting to see if that strategy is going to work in the long-term. Will the electorate follow his lead? Or, at least, will enough follow his lead to outnumber the ones content to drink the Kool-Aid?
I can't help but think what he does will not matter much. In the end, the Republicans would still be obstructing his policies if things weren't so bad. Now they'll do it but make up crazy reasons to enrage their base and invite chaos.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

The rot has been there for over 40 years, festering.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zarathud wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:11 pm The rot has been there for over 240 years, festering.
ftfy
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

malchior wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:13 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:10 pm Everyone can rest easy, as the audit process will be streaming on OANN to ensure "full transparency". And they super-duper pinky swear that they will have non-partisan observers...but won't provide any detail about who they are.

"Long-awaited" is doing a lot of lifting there.
The group carrying out the audit has to make their process and procedures public, which they have been trying to prevent. This should be interesting. In addition, they have to provide access to the AR Secretary of State:

https://www.12news.com/article/news/pol ... a19bce9856
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Grifman wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:05 am In addition, they have to provide access to the AR Secretary of State:
I'm interested to see what the Arkansas SoS has to say.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:52 am
Grifman wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:05 am In addition, they have to provide access to the AR Secretary of State:
Probably a variant of 'Looks good to me!'
malchior

Post by malchior »

Grifman wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:05 amThe group carrying out the audit has to make their process and procedures public, which they have been trying to prevent. This should be interesting. In addition, they have to provide access to the AR Secretary of State:

[https://www.12news.com/article/news/pol ... a19bce9856
From reading the piece, the 'audit' isn't on pace to finish the count before they have to leave the auditorium. They need to get it done in 2 weeks. So a 2+ week sprint to hand count with what appears to be an understaffed organization is supposed to be more accurate. I'd love for them to be short hundreds of thousands of ballots and then try to paper it over with some statistical bullshit. And by love...I mean I know it is probably going to happen and the whole thing is shameful.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Trump is indicating this morning that he wants to run in 2024 and would love to have Mr. Florida as his running mate. That literally would be the end if that happens. He totally could win and I don't think we would survive to fight another day.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Can only hope old age and the devil get him.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
raydude

Post by raydude »

malchior wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:54 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:52 am
Probably a variant of 'Looks good to me!'
Poor AriZona :)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I don't even know if this is where it should be posted, but I guess examples of the party fighting itself as it radicalizes into Trumpism help define them?

Former President Trump says on Fox Business that Senate Republicans should oust Mitch McConnell as GOP leader. "Mitch McConnell has not done a great job," former President Trump says. "I think they should change Mitch McConnell."
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I agree! His diapers need changing.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:30 pm "I think they should change Mitch McConnell."
[/quote]

When I read really weirdly worded quotes like that from Trump, it makes me wonder if:
1. He has been abducted and replaced by an alien doppelganger
2. He is a native English speaker.
3. He's doing it intentionally to troll the literate elites.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:30 pm I don't even know if this is where it should be posted, but I guess examples of the party fighting itself as it radicalizes into Trumpism help define them?

Former President Trump says on Fox Business that Senate Republicans should oust Mitch McConnell as GOP leader. "Mitch McConnell has not done a great job," former President Trump says. "I think they should change Mitch McConnell."
Seems that Trump is getting his groove back and that includes settling some scores from when McConnell tried to buck Trump back in February before CPAC.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trumps a dead horse they cant get off their back....some dont want to.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:42 pm Trumps a dead horse they cant get off their back....some dont want to.
Yes, while they are riding that monkey.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

We're fuct - Friday edition.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Note, this is the Oregon Capitol building, December 2020. Defining the Republican Party? Insurrectionists.

Oregon GOP Rep. Mike Nearman has just been charged with two crimes after video shows him leaving his seat in the middle of an emergency closed-door session on covid relief in Dec. to let insurrectionists into the building. He then went back in at a different entrance.
Article.

I'm beginning to think there's a pattern.
Holman

Post by Holman »

History forgets that the original Founders were aging lard-asses who couldn't prop open a door.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
malchior

Post by malchior »

This video really shows you how cult-y the whole thing is. Romney isn't "conservative" enough for the GOP. This was shortly before they failed to censure him for his impeachment vote against Trump. It was close.
Later Saturday, a resolution to censure Romney for voting to remove Trump from office was defeated by a 798 to 711 vote, according to Utah Republican Party spokeswoman Lynda Cox.

About 1,900 delegates were in attendance at the start of the state organizing convention, held at the Maverik Center, Cox said.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but this open admission from Ted Cruz that the GOP loves them some pay to play politics is amazing.

Covfefe!
malchior

Post by malchior »

It's no shock. The Supreme Court opened up the big money spigot. What'd anyone think would happen? All this stuff is known. Cruz is saying it because they know that the powerful are untouchable. free of all accountability, and knows they are the ones who actually rule. Cruz is reminding them that the GOP is ruthless.
Last edited by malchior on Mon May 03, 2021 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Yeah right, Ted. You won't take their filthy lucre because they stopped giving it to you, maybe?

Also since when was your job to pass regulation and tax code based on calls from CEOs who gave you money?

Some might find the graphic NSFW
Spoiler:
Edit
It's no shock.
Steal my thunder!!!
malchior

Post by malchior »

Another angle is that in reality is Ted and many of the GOP got cut off by many PACs after 1/6. They were disgusted by the brazen attacks on our democracy and the voting right's attacks, etc. The Corporate PACs have been slowly dribbling money back in as they feel the performative value receding. There aren't many races happening anyway so it was a good time to announce their cynical moratorium. The GOP will probably see some needling depending on how much social media pressure can be applied but the Corps will get money back in the game.

In this environment, Ted is trying to bank some 'outrage' credit for his long-term ambitions. The good thing for us is that they frankly have no chance. He is probably the only person in the world who doesn't know that everyone fucking hates him. He has zero chance with the voters nationally. He is just trying to scramble up the power path that one of his will inevitably succeed at.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think Liz Cheney may be the only human member left of the GOP in Washington after ZombieTrump of Borg assimilated and ate all their brains.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Daehawk wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:35 pm I think Liz Cheney may be the only human member left of the GOP in Washington after ZombieTrump of Borg assimilated and ate all their brains.
Ironically a lot of the GOP fucktard behavior can be traced back to her Dad.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dick 'I shot the friend but I did not shoot the President' Cheney

I remember Dick having his dick all in Enron or something. I wasn't much paying attention to politics back then.