QAnon Qonspiracy Cult

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Little Raven

Re: QAnon Qonspiracy Cult

Post by Little Raven »

Holman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:01 pmWe are therefore just days away from Trump revealing the truth, proving legitimate victory, and having Dems punished and their party leaders executed for treason.
Well, guess they're on to us. Gentlemen, it's been an honor. :horse:
/. "She climbed backwards out her
\/ window into Outside Over There."
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

It reminds me of this Xbox guy I used to follow (just for laughs) back when the Xbox One/PS4 wars were at a fever pitch. And every few days it was "Just wait, the Xbox has secret architecture that Microsoft can unlock that blows PS4 our of the water!" Then a few days later, "With the next update you're going to see framerate improvements like you've never seen!"

It was just a constant stream of "keep 'em on the hook" bullshit.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

I was wondering what these kooks were going to do/say today. Thank yall for saving me from having to dive into that rabbit hell, err hole.
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Holman

Post by Holman »

One of the most popular narrative strands of QAnon theory is that JFK Jr is not actually dead and that he is working with Donald Trump to fight the secret liberal-but-really-just-every-elite Satanic pedophile conspiracy. At several points during the 2020 campaign, Q believers were certain that Trump was about to dismiss Mike Pence and announce JFK Jr as his running mate. That appears not to have happened.

But there's this one Trump superfan and regular rally-goer, Vincent Fusca (above), who has become the focus of QAnon attention because many believe he is JFK Jr in disguise. Fusca has apparently embraced the role, as you can see from him wearing a t-shirt bearing a QAon-altered image of the cover of GEORGE magazine (which was founded by JFK Jr in 1995).

Presumably he's either a consummate grifter or literally insane. I haven't seen any indication that he has ever agreed to a mainstream media interview, but there's plenty on YouTube if you really want to vomit all over your search history.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
A nonny mouse

Post by A nonny mouse »

Holman wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:19 pm

many believe he is JFK Jr in disguise.
LOL. He's doing a great job in disguise. He looks like a cross between bono and John Lennon (not even with the glasses) . With a porkpie hat. :lol:
I find television very educational. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I think he looks like Fisher Stevens before he lost his hair.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Why do QAnon's hate communists but love Putin? :think:
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Whats not to love, haven't you seen him ride bear-chested?
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymon wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:30 pm Whats not to love, haven't you seen him ride bear-chested?
Yes, bear chested is hard to resist:

Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

So much of the MAGA/QAnon world is based in a weird nationalist apocalyptic theology: the US military and certain special culture heroes (led and approved by Trump) are angelic forces arrayed against demonic political forces (media, celebrities, secularists, Deep State operatives) in a contest of Good vs Evil.

It's really not hard to understand what we're seeing as a new (fifth?) Great Awakening, perverted in that it's way more gutter-Gnostic than Christian Evangelical. It elevates political power and authority over any moral/ethical tradition in a way that all previous generations would (or should) recognize as idolatry.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

It'll be nice to have a pres that isn't easily manipulated by Twitter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Long, interesting article: A Game Designer’s Analysis Of QAnon
I am a game designer with experience in a very small niche. I create and research games designed to be played in reality. I’ve worked in Alternate Reality Games (ARGs), LARPs, experience fiction, interactive theater, and “serious games”. Stories and games that can start on a computer, and finish in the real world. Fictions designed to feel as real as possible. Games that teach you. Puzzles that come to life all around the players. Games where the deeper you dig, the more you find. Games with rabbit holes that invite you into wonderland and entice you through the looking glass.

When I saw QAnon, I knew exactly what it was and what it was doing. I had seen it before. I had almost built it before. It was gaming’s evil twin. A game that plays people. (cue ominous music)

QAnon has often been compared to ARGs and LARPs and rightly so. It uses many of the same gaming mechanisms and rewards. It has a game-like feel to it that is evident to anyone who has ever played an ARG, online role-play (RP) or LARP before. The similarities are so striking that it has often been referred to as a LARP or ARG. However this beast is very very different from a game.

It is the differences that shed the light on how QAnon works and many of them are hard to see if you’re not involved in game development. QAnon is like the reflection of a game in a mirror, it looks just like one, but it is inverted.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Holman wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:28 am Long, interesting article: A Game Designer’s Analysis Of QAnon
That's pretty interesting and makes all kinds of sense. I love the bit about the x-files cigarette smoking man. Use your words, man!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

A lot of QAnon heads are going to explode online tomorrow, but I'm not sure the schadenfreude will be worth the social cost.

I've been looking in on QAnon discussions on Twitter. (For example, do a search for "Trust the Plan" and then read the longest threads and replies.) While there are still plenty of die-hards who believe that Trump will declare mass-arrests and martial law in the last hours of his presidency, or even that he'll suddenly emerge as the real president after months of Biden usurpation, serious disillusion seems to be setting in for a lot of people.

This thread seems important if you have Q-people in your life:

QAnons are terrified of what they think is coming: a world ruled by Satanic pedophile elites who somehow defeated God's own heroic Trump and escaped justice. They think Goodness itself has been defeated, possibly until the end of the world.

The thread above reminds me of what breaking from my evangelical background was like. It never made any sense for me to explain to my dad (or anyone else) why I thought God was a wish and the Bible was mythic literature and Hell wasn't real. To them, I was turning my back on Heaven and embracing what would eventually mean eternal torment. I had to try to meet them where their most sincere hopes were. In the end, with my dad at least before he died, we were somewhat able to do it.

It's nuts that we even have to think this way about an absurd conspiracy theory that didn't even exist three years ago. But I think we're looking at (as many have pointed out) something much closer to a prophetic false religion than just a set of memes.
Last edited by Holman on Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

But that Twitter thread doesn't even talk about the ham radios.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:39 pm But that Twitter thread doesn't even talk about the ham radios.
The won't be able to properly operate a ham radio. Even if they are, communication will be impossible with countless unlicensed users clogging the air.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

Meanwhile this is still happening - tonight.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Maybe they'll be like other cults and now the mass suicide starts since things didn't play out like they expected.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Oh, the salty, salty tears.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Shift the grift:

"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:03 pm Shift the grift:
I like that, was that original?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:17 pm
I like that, was that original?
As far as I know, but nothing new under the sun.

MYT
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I'm surprised so many members are moving on. When a rapture cult leader gets the date of the second coming wrong, a lot of people understandably wake up. But here, you'd think most of these people are so divorced from reality that they'd view this as just another layer.

Unfortunately, many of the true conspiracies are relatively out in the open and even the wise are oblivious to them, often willingly. Such as why the U.S. still doesn't have socialized healthcare. It's not as if nobody knows the reason. They just can't or won't compel their leaders to do anything about it.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
malchior

Post by malchior »

I missed this last night. IIRC the 8kun admin also deleted a bunch of posts. The result was the owner banned him, restored the posts, and then called for the admin to be murdered.

Edit: Whoops it is in the linked WaPo story. I knew I read that specifically. :)
Holman

Post by Holman »

It would be great if all these QAnon people blinked awake and realized that the whole thing was a lie, but a lot of them seem to be landing on the idea that the Pedo-Satanists were just too powerful and were able to defeat Trump. They're sticking to the baseline fantasy of an evil cabal of child-raping cannibals who control the world.

In a lot of ways, there's very little distance between the QAnon narrative and medieval anti-Semitic tropes of blood libel.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

QAnon Fears That Greene’s Obsession with Jewish Space Lasers Is Distracting Her from Battling Baby-Eating Cannibals (humor, duh)
Greene responded by saying that, while she was “capable of multitasking,” she had received QAnon’s message “loud and clear.”

“The great thing about QAnon is we can always discuss things rationally, despite Bernie Sanders’s attempts to control our minds with his Jewish magic mittens,” she said.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If only it really were "duh" and not hmmmmm.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/children ... 586aa49077
‘I Miss My Mom’: Children Of QAnon Believers Are Desperately Trying To Deradicalize Their Own Parents
Here’s what it’s like to lose the person who raised you to a far-right cult.
This both confirms my bias and strokes my fears as I hear my dad always wanting to find a way to talk about Biden being extremist liberal and my mom now resisting the idea of getting vaccinated.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Could you read them that article?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

It doesn't apply to them... yet. QAnon is not something they are really aware of but they are in the orbit and that orbit's gravity is definitely being felt. I've been keeping an open dialog with them and I don't want to sacrifice that. The last thing I want to do accidentally push them closer to a point where I can't even talk to them. Sometimes it seems like they are coming in from the deep waters. Other times it seems like they are wading out further. I really thought the police in NY beating the old man to break his cell phone and the president praising that action was going to be their come to Jesus moment but since that day, that sort of concern is overshadowed by ????? When I convey how upsetting January 6th is to me, the response "when Biden raises taxes..." and I shut down. January 6th isn't even raising an alarm. It's contextually irrelevant to February 12th. The OO bubble is strong. It is nothing compared to whatever is happening out there beyond my year in isolation.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Well, I feel for you. Sincerely. That has to be frightening and horrible to deal with, frankly.

My mother spoke regularly of wanting to go kill Trump herself, and she is a living saint, the least aggressive and most kind person I've ever known. I'm not sure what I would do if I had parents that flirted with FOX News, etc.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:26 pm Meanwhile this is still happening - tonight.

Just catching up - is that a scene from Watchmen?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

A handful of QAnon followers flew all the way from California to DC in hopes of watching Trump's March 4 'inauguration'
A small group of QAnon followers flew all the way from California to Washington DC on Thursday in the hopes of watching Former President Donald Trump's inauguration that never materialized.But while thousands of National Security Guards patrolled Capitol grounds and the House of Representatives canceled their session, only a small number of Trump supporters actually showed up. Among them was a group of QAnon followers, who had flown all the way from California to watch Trump's return to power. Couple Karyn and John Carson had taken time off work to make the trip and spent the week in the city waiting for something to happen."Every day that we're here, we'll probably come out around noon and see if anything transpires," Karyn, 52, told Reuters. "If it doesn't happen, we'll obviously be sad 'cause it didn't happen while we were here, but we believe that it will happen. It just hasn't happened yet.""It may seem foolish to some people that we came all this way to see something that may or may not happen, but we don't care," Karyn told Reuters.
Man they are dumb as dirt. Thats the kind of stupid thats built in at birth too. You cant outgrow that kind of dumb. Their job should fire them. How can they allow such stupid people to work for them. Taking off work to fly out for bullshit. If a teacher can be fired for posing in a bikini on Instagram these folk should be fired for being dirt dumb.

On the flip side Im surprised they can function in society at that level of stupid. It impresses me that they could both buy plane tickets and get themselves to DC all on their own.

Heres a pic of the 4 person crowd.
Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

'QAnon Shaman' scolded by federal judge for appearing on '60 Minutes'
In his interview, Chansley expressed that his involvement in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was “not an attack on this country.” He also stated that he went into the Capitol building because he "believed Donald Trump had our back."

Chansley said that he also remains loyal to former President Trump despite the fact that he was not pardoned by the president prior to him leaving the White House.
"I developed a lot of sympathy for Donald Trump because it seemed like the media was picking on him and seemed like the establishment was going after him unnecessarily or unfairly, and I had been a victim of that all of my life, whether it be in school or at home. So in many ways I identify with a lot of the negative things that he was going through," Chansley said in the interview.
Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
Jacob Anthony Chansley, often referred to as the “QAnon Shaman” who donned horns and red-white-and-blue face paint to storm the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, has spent nearly two months pleading with a judge — and with the public in high-profile interviews — to let him go free.
U.S. District Judge Royce C. Lamberth was not impressed.

On Monday, Lamberth denied Chansley’s motion for release in a scathing memorandum that rejected his arguments as “meritless,” “mistaken” and “so frivolous as to insult the Court’s intelligence.” The judge said that Chansley was too dangerous to release and continues to pose a threat to the public.

“The statements defendant has made to the public from jail show that defendant does not fully appreciate the severity of the allegations against him,” Lamberth wrote. “To the contrary, he believes that he — not the American people or members of Congress — was the victim on January 6th.”
Chansley has repeatedly argued that he acted peacefully on Jan. 6 when he helped lead a pro-Trump mob into Congress in an insurrection that left one police officer and four others dead.

But the judge pointed to videos, photos, social media posts and police interviews that he said clearly contradict those claims. “Defendant’s perception of his actions on January 6th as peaceful, benign and well-intentioned shows a detachment from reality,” Lamberth wrote.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

QAnon detached from reality? That doesn't sound right.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

These people are nuts and they're in charge of an audit.

Holy moly. This is the fringiest of the fringe.

QAnon cult members have claimed for months that Donald Trump secretly watermarked ballots to catch Democrats doing fraud.

Now an official with the Arizona election "audit" says they're using UV lights to LOOK FOR THE WATERMARKS.
Maybe next year, maybe no go