Domestic terrorism within the government

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Domestic terrorism within the government

Post by malchior »

Well if you thought we weren't in a crazy place, we have the government conducting a hunt for domestic violent extremism in our national law enforcement apparatus. I'm personally glad we're finally acknowledging the need for this type of review inside and outside DHS.

Smoove_B

Re: Domestic terrorism within the government

Post by Smoove_B »

I guess before they launch investigations into state and local police, it makes sense to start at DHS.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I have a feeling that they might find one or two white supremacists within ICE.
Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

The author of the recent book 'Zero Fail' talks about the secret services details secret service agents who rooted for Trump, thought the election was illegitimate, expressed support for 1/6, and questioned whether they should protect Biden. The Secret Service discussed delaying providing him protection until the election was certified. The latter prompted an unusual account that was reported that the transition team asked for Biden's detail to be vetted out. Link to the video clip from an MSNBC appearance tonight.

The 2nd clip below is a clip of the discussion from the longer video about the ramifications of this and invites a discussion whether the Secret Service needs to tend to its internal extremism problems.