In Need of a Office / Gaming Chair

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Re: In Need of a Office / Gaming Chair

Post by Isgrimnur »

A lot more, but these will be brand new and custom-colored.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Oh, yeah. Steelcase leaps are almost as expensive as Herman Miller Aerons.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
disarm

Post by disarm »

Kasey Chang wrote:Oh, yeah. Steelcase leaps are almost as expensive as Herman Miller Aerons.
I bought a 'open box' Leap a couple years ago from a company that resells used chairs. I got mine for $350 and it's like brand new...and the best desk chair I've ever owned. I've spent a lot of time sitting in Aerons at work, and I'd take my Leap any day.

I got it from MadisonSeating.com...chair wasn't new, but they have great service if you have a problem. The first chair they sent me was broken beyond useable during shipping. I sent them a photo of the damage, and they sent a whole new chair...told me to keep the first one for spare parts.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I found a place near me that may have some older Steelcase chairs for like $150 or less. But they have very odd hours: Thursday through Saturday only. :) I may go pay them a visit next Thursday.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i had to get a cheaper refurbished Hermann-Miller Aeron - the company wouldn't reimburse over $500. so no armrests, and no fancy posture support, but i can buy those later. came in just under $485. i think the company will approve this...
Montag

Post by Montag »

I got a cheap one with the vinyl mesh seat and back. I really like them and it feels so much cooler.
words
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Wife's company offered to buy her a new chair. When it arrived, fully assembled, a few weeks ago, I asked her "You like your current chair, right?" Yes she does, and there's nothing wrong with it. I don't need a new chair, either, so the new one's in the cellar, still wrapped in plastic, against the day when one of us eventually does need one. I suggested selling it, but her employer could hypothetically ask for it back someday.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I just bought myself a Secret Labs chair. Expensive, but I had the money burning a hole in my pocket.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire