another quality Sony product

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hitbyambulance

another quality Sony product

Post by hitbyambulance »

i have a Sony Blu-Ray player (BDP-S5100) that suddenly quit displaying video for no apparent reason. this device had not used very much, so i'm pretty annoyed (i was already annoyed when i got it and found it had no analog A/V outputs whatsoever). already tried different cables and TVs/monitors, unplugging unit for several minutes, attempting hard reset - nothing has fixed it.

i'm about ready to take it apart to see if there's something with the connection between the HDMI port and the system board - if i can't see anything obvious and resoldering the connection between the port and the port board doesn't work, that's about as far as i'll go.
hitbyambulance

Re: another quality Sony product

Post by hitbyambulance »

hitbyambulance wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:07 am i have a Sony Blu-Ray player (BDP-S5100) that suddenly quit displaying video for no apparent reason. this device had not used very much, so i'm pretty annoyed (i was already annoyed when i got it and found it had no analog A/V outputs whatsoever). already tried different cables and TVs/monitors, unplugging unit for several minutes, attempting hard reset - nothing has fixed it.

i'm about ready to take it apart to see if there's something with the connection between the HDMI port and the system board - if i can't see anything obvious and resoldering the connection between the port and the port board doesn't work, that's about as far as i'll go.
took it apart, but i could not see anything wrong with the connection. saw on the AVS forum that someone else had this exact same issue with the exact same model. i guess it's e-waste time!