Youtube on Tablet

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

naednek

Youtube on Tablet

Post by naednek »

I need some quick help.

Tomorrow is my son's Birthday. We bought him a Galaxy TAB A to replace his fire tablet.

Being that everything is connected to Google, I created him a google account. He's under 13 years old, so they feel that parents to not have a choice on whether a child should have youtube or not. Instead they force them to use youtube for kids which is incredibly limiting.

Whenever he goes to youtube.com, it directs him back to youtube kids. Google play store won't install youtube. Can't change his age in family link because it says it has to be under 13.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Daehawk

Re: Youtube on Tablet

Post by Daehawk »

On my old Amazon tablet I dont use a YT app I just use the browser to go to YT.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

naednek wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:36 pm I need some quick help.

Tomorrow is my son's Birthday. We bought him a Galaxy TAB A to replace his fire tablet.

Being that everything is connected to Google, I created him a google account. He's under 13 years old, so they feel that parents to not have a choice on whether a child should have youtube or not. Instead they force them to use youtube for kids which is incredibly limiting.

Whenever he goes to youtube.com, it directs him back to youtube kids. Google play store won't install youtube. Can't change his age in family link because it says it has to be under 13.
Try using an Invidious instance instead.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
naednek

Post by naednek »

found the solution... Firefox. Family link can't manage that other than blocking the app. Not 100% what I wanted but it will for now
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Youtube Vanced. Also skips Youtube ads and sponsor messages. :) However, it's not on the playstore. You have to get it from https://vancedapp.com/ And you need Vanced Manager first. You don't need to install Vanced Music, or any of the other recommended apps like Brave or Ad Guard.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds