Migrating Windows 10 OS (UEFI) from SATA SSD to nvme SSD?

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Victoria Raverna

Migrating Windows 10 OS (UEFI) from SATA SSD to nvme SSD?

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Anybody has experience doing that? Is that possible using disk clone software without reinstalling Windows 10?
Hamlet3145

Re: Migrating Windows 10 OS (UEFI) from SATA SSD to nvme SSD?

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Yes, cloning software should definitely be able to do this. I've successfully used Arconis before (https://www.acronis.com/en-us/products/true-image/), but I think there are some free options available on the web as well. In my case, I cloned from a smaller to larger M.2, but I can't think of any reason why SSD to M.2 would be an issue.
Zarathud

Re: Migrating Windows 10 OS (UEFI) from SATA SSD to nvme SSD?

Post by Zarathud »

The Samsung Magician "Data Migration" software does this as long as you're moving to a Samsung drive. It will read the OS from another drive and allow you to copy to a recognized Samsung drive.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon