Print Topic

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

naednek

Print Topic

Post by naednek »

GG used to have this. Sometimes I'd print out threads (like my RTW FAQ so I can update) to read at work since I can't use the internet. Can we add that here?
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I always just copy and pasted to notepad.I never knew there was such a feature.Did you use it often? How did it look? :?:
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
naednek

Post by naednek »

hmm never thought about notepad, I use word and I get everything, including the icons, and the black and oragne background.

But it was so much easier to use the print feature, mainly so you don't have to edit the formatting, to save space
Gedd
Technical Admin

Post by Gedd »

When we first started up, a few folks requested a print topic feature. I went looking through all the hacks I could find and they were all awful. I might take a look around again to see if there's anything new or improved.

Regardless, I'm almost 100% sure there's a print topic feature built into phpBB 3.0, which is supposed to be out soon (end of the month I believe). We won't be upgrading right away, but my plan at the moment is to either let them get a bug-fix revision or two out of the way or if they go a few months without need to, doing the upgrade then.

This plan is all very preliminary though, so of course it may change depending on circumstances.
naednek

Post by naednek »

alright, thanks Gedd. By reading threads offline at work, gives me more time to play games at home :P