Xbox as a DVD player.

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

McNutt

Xbox as a DVD player.

Post by McNutt »

I just got an Xbox and was excited about being able to use it as a DVD player. My excitement dwindled after seeing the $50 I had to spend in order to do this ($30 for the DVD kit and another $20 for the TV connection kit). It plays fine now, but it has a really annoying inability to remember where you were at in a movie when you turn the Xbox off or go back to the menu. I don't always finish movies in one sitting and the last thing I want to do the next day is try to find where I was in the movie when I turned the player off. Is there something out there that can make my Xbox more like a normal DVD player in this regard? I can't believe they'd half-ass the player like that.
freelunch

Post by freelunch »

I used to use my X-BOX as my primary DVD player but I found that it simply wouldn't play 3%-5% of the discs I tried to watch. I contacted Microsoft Tech Support and they told me "it is a game machine, not a DVD player, and you'll find it won't play 3%-5% of DVDs."

this is all very well until you start buying DVDs and find approximately 1 in 20 is useless.

my X-BOX is no longer my primary DVD player.