phone/handheld access

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Mr. Fed

phone/handheld access

Post by Mr. Fed »

so I am in a boring meeting (sitting with client as he reviews docs at usao) and accessing by treo 650. does the forum software have any bells and whistles that make phone/handheld access easier? like a handheld version of the site? any hints other than obvious (like turning off graphics)?
Popehat, a blog.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Very interesting. We have not considered portable access devices and what would be required to have a handheld friendly version. Something for the list.

Rip
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
setaside

Post by setaside »

Yeah, it definitely doesn't work very well right now (or at all in some cases). I think it would be ok if you had a Pocket PC OS and used Pocket IE. Other than that however, don't bet on it.
gellar

Post by gellar »

I know my beloved NASIOC forums has WAP enabled version. I think the admin there bought some software and installed it to get it to work.

It's pretty slick.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
GuidoTKP

Post by GuidoTKP »

A wap version of the forums? The ability to submit pithy retorts while standing in line at the supermarket? GENIUS!
"All I can ever think of when I see BBT is, "that guy f***ed Angelina Jolie? Seriously?" Then I wonder if Angelina ever wakes up in the middle of the night to find Brad Pitt in the shower, huddled in a corner furiously scrubbing at his d*** and going, 'I can't get the smell of Billy Bob off of this thing.' Then I try to think of something, anything, else." --Brian

"Would you go up to a girl in a bar and say 'Pardon me, miss, but before I spend a lot of time chatting you up, and buying you drinks, I'd like to know if you do anal. Because if not, that's a deal-breaker for me.'"
-- Mr. Fed
Rip

Post by Rip »

Brilliant!

:lol:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

FWIW, it works fine right now in Palm with Netfront browser.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Odin

Post by Odin »

I found the site to be not completely unmanageable on my Blackberry, but it wasn't an experience I've found myself eager to repeat.

Sith