I like the "subsilver" background better.

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

The Mad Hatter

I like the "subsilver" background better.

Post by The Mad Hatter »

I'd been using the silver background for the site since October until I saw some screenshots done in the old GG style. I decided to try the black background, but I found it harder to read. Back to silver for me.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

I have used the silver for all but one day. Im sorry, the black/gold looked shitty at GG and it looked worse here. The subsilver is classy and streamlined. All the way!
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

To the subsilver background, I say "Blech"!! I cannot read that for more than 5 minutes without getting a headache. Although I like the black and gold design, I wouldn't mind seeing a dark theme specifically designed for OO. I believe that TPTB have stated that this will happen 5 minutes after the front page is up and 5 minutes before judgement day :wink: .
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ya see? That's why there are options. I'm a bit light sensitive, so the subsilver feels like staring into a lightbulb if I read it for more than ten minutes at a sitting.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Lee

Post by Lee »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote:Although I like the black and gold design, I wouldn't mind seeing a dark theme specifically designed for OO. I believe that TPTB have stated that this will happen 5 minutes after the front page is up and 5 minutes before judgement day :wink: .
My sentiments exactly. I like the B&G theme (silver is too bright for me) but I would really like to see that dark OO theme that was talked about last Oct/Nov.
For motivation and so Jeff V can make me look bad:
2010 Totals: Biking: 65 miles Running: 393 miles
2009 Finals: Biking: 93 miles Running: 158 miles (I know it sucked, but I had a hernia most of the year)
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

I definitely prefer the black/gold GG style theme of the two available choices right now. As for a hypothetical new OO-specific theme, I would have to see it before deciding if I wanted to use it. :)

- Ash
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Blackhawk wrote:Ya see? That's why there are options. I'm a bit light sensitive, so the subsilver feels like staring into a lightbulb if I read it for more than ten minutes at a sitting.
Me too. I am a creature of darkness. Subsilver burns...it burns!
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

I was an avid fan of the black until I realized that it was pretty obvious I was switching programs when someone showed up at my cube. They can't see the screen, but the change in light projected from the screen onto nearby objects is noticeable. Subsilver it is!
Black Lives Matter
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Loading Gone Gold made my moniter at work go pop. The switch from white to black made the thing go "zzzzzzttttt," but one day, when it starting smoking, I knew we had a problem.
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
Koz

Post by Koz »

I'm the opposite. I cannot stand black screens with bright letters. I much prefer bright screens with dark letters. SubSilver is the way to go for me.
Austin

Post by Austin »

I go black.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Austin wrote:I go black.
Well, you'll never go back.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Odin

Post by Odin »

I never hated the SubSilver theme, but I never actually liked it, either. When the B&G theme became available, I hopped over to it and have never looked back. I'd consider another dark theme if it were offered, but I'm plenty happy with black and gold.

Sith
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Subsilver is much easier for me to read. I've tried the black one, and I just can't go back. The only downside is the color scheme looks like a bunch of other forums.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
SpaceLord

Post by SpaceLord »

I'm stuck. The :ninja: is my favorite new icon, but he's so stealthy I can barely see him with the Black/Gold color scheme. Bah.
They're going to send you back to mother in a cardboard box...