Gencon 2021

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hepcat

Gencon 2021

Post by hepcat »

So apparently I missed the email telling me that I could refund or rollover my 4 day badge from 2020. The deadline was July 30th. Obviously I missed it and subsequently I just received my 4 day badge in the mail.

Sigh.

I think I may try to go down for a day though on that Saturday. I'm going to Origins with RMC two weeks after that. But I hate wasting the 125 bucks it cost me for this damn badge. :x
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Re: Gencon 2021

Post by YellowKing »

Ugh that sucks. Sorry hep.

I rolled mine over and plan on going back 2022. The COVID situation was still too sketchy for me this year, and we had another trip planned for the fall so it getting pushed to September would have been a non-starter anyway.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think I'll just drive down for a day on Saturday. That way it's not a total waste. Harkonis, you and the missus wanna meet me there?

They also just released a statement that masks are back to being required. Which is fine by me. Although it's gencon, so most folks were already planning on wearing a mask of some type.
Covfefe!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Wow, on a lark i just sent an email to Gencon customer service and said is there any way to get some credit from my purchase if I don't go? They responded within an hour and told me they'd make an exception for me. I just have to send back the badge and they'll credit me back the cost.

That's pretty amazing as they didn't need to do anything and I would have fully understood it was my fault.

:D
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Oh wow, that's excellent! If any of you OOers do wind up going, please post a report. Really interested in crowd size compared to previous years, whether the COVID precautions were burdensome, etc.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Apparently they were getting a bunch of emails from other idiots surprised to find a badge in the mail from them. :oops:
Covfefe!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Did you go? Or has this yet to be?

I'm a year or two from my kids being interested. They will be more interested if they are vaccinated. And it may even be financially possible if ever I find work.
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Gencon 2021

Post by Zarathud »

Gencon was two weekends ago. Origins is this weekend.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon