Election integrity and the transfer of power

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

noxiousdog

Re: Election integrity and the transfer of power

Post by noxiousdog »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:51 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:46 pm Interesting. Not sure anyone has more pull in Alabama than Saban.

Then why isn't he writing letters to Tuberville? :lol:

(I get that Machin is the strategic linchpin, just find it crazy the state of Alabama football and politics).
Also, he and Manchin are friends from childhood. It's very interesting he went public though.

The cynical part of me says it's purely for recruiting.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

noxiousdog wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:24 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:51 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:46 pm Interesting. Not sure anyone has more pull in Alabama than Saban.

Then why isn't he writing letters to Tuberville? :lol:

(I get that Machin is the strategic linchpin, just find it crazy the state of Alabama football and politics).
Also, he and Manchin are friends from childhood. It's very interesting he went public though.

The cynical part of me says it's purely for recruiting.
The hopeful part of me says it is because he knows it will require very public pressure to move Manchin a millimeter.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This article is on the button. You investigate the fake EC certificates, and roll this thing up from the bottom:

Last edited by Grifman on Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

To Crack Open the Big 2020 Election Scheme, Start by Prosecuting the Fake Electors
Yes, please.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

GA prosecutor to call grand jury in Trump election tampering case:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ury-trump/
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

We now know who headed up the fake EC filings. These people should be prosecuted, no need to wait on the House Hearings to take action:

Last edited by Grifman on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Trump campaign officials, led by Rudy Giuliani, oversaw efforts in December 2020 to put forward illegitimate electors from seven states that Trump lost, according to three sources with direct knowledge of the scheme.

The sources said members of former President Donald Trump's campaign team were far more involved than previously known in the plan, a core tenet of the broader plot to overturn President Joe Biden's victory when Congress counted the electoral votes on January 6.

Giuliani and his allies coordinated the nuts-and-bolts of the process on a state-by-state level, the sources told CNN. One source said there were multiple planning calls between Trump campaign officials and GOP state operatives, and that Giuliani participated in at least one call. The source also said the Trump campaign lined up supporters to fill elector slots, secured meeting rooms in statehouses for the fake electors to meet on December 14, 2020, and circulated drafts of fake certificates that were ultimately sent to the National Archives.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Wait a minute, I thought it was voters that are a threat to the republic.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

And these are now pretty clearly tied to the Eastman memo - here
PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL January 6 scenario 7 states have transmitted dual slates of electors to the President of the Senate.

The 12th Amendment merely provides that “the President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted.” There is very solid legal authority, and historical precedent, for the view that the President of the Senate does the counting, including the resolution of disputed electoral votes (as Adams and Jefferson did while Vice President, regarding their own election as President), and all the Members of Congress can do is watch.
There is little doubt that the "Disputed electoral votes" are the forged elector slates.
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Please tell me this is a smoking gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

In a normal world? Heads would be rolling. In this one? Who knows? God I would love to see Rudy go to jail but I have a hard time believing anything will happen.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Octavious wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:11 pm In a normal world? Heads would be rolling. In this one? Who knows? God I would love to see Rudy go to jail but I have a hard time believing anything will happen.
This. :(
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Octavious wrote:In a normal world? Heads would be rolling. In this one? Who knows? God I would love to see Rudy go to jail but I have a hard time believing anything will happen.

I know, I just want false hope for a fleeting moment. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

This should be a good test to determine how close to the cliff we are, or if we are already in the air, on our way down.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I am fairly confident nothing will happen. We aren't the country people think we are. One thought - just remember that Mueller prepared indictment ready material in his report about Trump. Several legal experts said it was easily a strong enough case for a grand jury. Yet...crickets. We aren't a rule of order nation when it comes to the elite. And it is breaking us.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:27 pm I am fairly confident nothing will happen. We aren't the country people think we are. One thought - just remember that Mueller prepared indictment ready material in his report about Trump. Several legal experts said it was easily a strong enough case for a grand jury. Yet...crickets. We aren't a rule of order nation when it comes to the elite. And it is breaking us.
Soooo, that's one vote for "in the air?" Gotcha!
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Apparently OAN anchor Christina Bobb was also involved.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html
malchior

Post by malchior »

It's always amazing how the Republicans dig up something the Democrats did, do it much worse, and then say, "See. Look at these hypocrites, the Democrats once sent a second slate in 1960. Nyah."

GOP delenda est.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

malchior wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:27 pm We aren't the country people think we are.
Yes, we are. We just aren't the country we used to think we were.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We aren’t a country that thinks.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:34 pm We aren’t a country that thinks.
I disagree. I think... we're fucked. Well, actually not us. The upper middle class, middle aged white guys are going to be just fine. The larger we, though? Yeah. I mean I expect life will go on. Hell some may not even notice the fucking.

Fuck.

I see why some don't think.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

coopasonic wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:36 am
I disagree. I think... we're fucked. Well, actually not us. The upper middle class, middle aged white guys are going to be just fine. The larger we, though? Yeah. I mean I expect life will go on. Hell some may not even notice the fucking.
They already don't. If you were to think what kletocratic autocracy looked like...would it look much different from this? We can't pass any laws. The Supreme Court has defined bribery to meaningless. Cruz's case is about to knock over the last peg on that one. Business leaders effectively run our country. Anyone who opposes "the economy" is threatened with death by people who are essentially fighting to be wage slaves. They don't even meaningfully have to do much more except continue blocking progress and the rich will continue to feast. We're already cooked.
Fuck.

I see why some don't think.
Agreed.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Trump draft documents, never used, an EO to seize voting machines, another condemning the Capitol riots:

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2022/ ... nes-527572
Last edited by Grifman on Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

We used to be a country. A proper country.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Grifman wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:46 pm Trump draft documents,”, never used, an EO to seize voting machines, another condemning the Capitol riots:

We were one Executive Order signature away from an actual coup.

Sleep tight, everyone.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:27 pm
Grifman wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:46 pm Trump draft documents,”, never used, an EO to seize voting machines, another condemning the Capitol riots:

We were one Executive Order signature away from an actual coup.

Sleep tight, everyone.
Too soon now, but someone should write an alt history book based on the premise of how things would be nowand 10 years from now, had that order gone through.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Well that sucks.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/28/politics ... index.html
A Pennsylvania appellate court on Friday struck down a law that allows no-excuse absentee voting, saying it violates the state constitution.

The law, known as Act 77, was enacted in late 2019 with strong bipartisan support. But in September, more than a dozen Republicans in the state House -- most of whom voted for the law -- filed suit, asserting that the changes made to absentee voting were unconstitutional and should have been pursued through a constitutional amendment placed before voters.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Alefroth wrote:Well that sucks.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/28/politics ... index.html
A Pennsylvania appellate court on Friday struck down a law that allows no-excuse absentee voting, saying it violates the state constitution.

The law, known as Act 77, was enacted in late 2019 with strong bipartisan support. But in September, more than a dozen Republicans in the state House -- most of whom voted for the law -- filed suit, asserting that the changes made to absentee voting were unconstitutional and should have been pursued through a constitutional amendment placed before voters.
FWIW the PA Supreme Court is expected to reverse this.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Black Lives Matter.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I was hoping that would be the eventual outcome.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Another thread of the plot - let’s use NSA data to prove foreign interference in the election:

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

It would seem the NSA protecting the integrity of elections is a good thing, except Trump already proved his loyalists weaponized large portions of the NSA as part of his political reach. I clearly remember Trump NSA and immigration memos shutting down borders and detaining people to/from Canada without cause and without so much as Executive Order or acts of Congress as means of addressing "the Dreamers."
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Just wait until October of 2024 and have the Biden administration admit that, yes, Trump really won. He was elected in 2020, and he's stepping down so that Trump can take his rightful place, effective immediately. Trump would jump at the chance.
Spoiler:
Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice
Last edited by Blackhawk on Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:00 am Just wait until October of 2023 and have the Biden administration admit that, yes, Trump really won. He was elected in 2020, and he's stepping down so that Trump can take his rightful place, effective immediately. Trump would jump at the chance.
Spoiler:
Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice
You make the extremely optimistic assumption that there would be an election in 2024 under such a scenario. And why give him a year to marshall resources?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:17 am
Blackhawk wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:00 am Just wait until October of 2023 and have the Biden administration admit that, yes, Trump really won. He was elected in 2020, and he's stepping down so that Trump can take his rightful place, effective immediately. Trump would jump at the chance.
Spoiler:
You make the extremely optimistic assumption that there would be an election in 2024 under such a scenario. And why give him a year to marshall resources?
No, I made a pre-caffeine typo there. It was supposed to be '2024.' His ego would give him a month.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:31 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:17 am
Spoiler:
No, I made a pre-caffeine typo there. It was supposed to be '2024.' His ego would give him a month.
Even then, plenty of time to cancel elections on the basis that Biden stole his time in office or whatever.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

In 30 days? Plenty of time to try. It's snark, though. Not a serious decision. If I could figure it out, then there would be dozens of people around him who would, too, not to mention that it would be in the front page of every paper withing an hour.

The whole thing would probably kick off a shooting war, but it would almost be worth it to see the look on his face when he realizes that he's off the ticket a few weeks from the election.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The problem with that scenario is that if Biden resigned for any reason Florida Man does not become President. It would be Kamala Harris, or if she steps down possibly Nancy Pelosi!?!
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:06 pm The problem with that scenario is that if Biden resigned for any reason Florida Man does not become President. It would be Kamala Harris, or if she steps down possibly Nancy Pelosi!?!
The theory is that the election was stolen and thus neither Biden or Harris are legitimate.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

stessier wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:37 pm
Jaymann wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:06 pm The problem with that scenario is that if Biden resigned for any reason Florida Man does not become President. It would be Kamala Harris, or if she steps down possibly Nancy Pelosi!?!
The theory is that the election was stolen and thus neither Biden or Harris are legitimate.
So again, there is no mechanism for putting anyone in office not in the chain of succession.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:44 pm
stessier wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:37 pm
So again, there is no mechanism for putting anyone in office not in the chain of succession.
I mean, this whole thing is outside the normal mechanisms, so I'm not sure why you're taking it seriously.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles