Mass Effect Legendary Edition

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Post by Daehawk »

This paragon ending pic of Shepard on ME1....just what is that behind him anyways? Its not the Normandy or the Citadel. Seems some random space station. Ive wondered why they went with a generic station as the ending pic for him.

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

If Mass Effect was Advance Wars: youtube
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I just spent a day installing the 100GB plus MELE. Turns out, that deciding what mods and patches to add are taking almost as much time.

Vortex does not detect MELE, so it can't handle direct "management". Instead, a separate ME3Tweaks Mod manager had to be used.

THEN there are a bewildering set of patches and mods, almost 1000 of them just for MELE (no joke), and everybody has their "shortlist" of "must-haves". Some of them are for all 3, some are for just one game out of the trilogy... It's a bit complicated.

I am almost tempted to start the game with no mods, but I decided to go through the first 2-300 mods to see if they do something useful, as I am one of the few people on Earth who had NOT played ME. (I started ME regular, but only went a few hours in, never finished, never played ME2 or ME3)
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Just started playing ME1, just got to the train. I'm playing baby mode, and I didn't do further texture upgrades. Seems interesting so far.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The only mod I use now days in Happy Ending MOD. But I plan to skip it this cycle through. This is like my 5th go through I think but first time for Legendary. Next up is ME2. Taking a couple months in between.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Tali face mod. Not sure how popular this will be as everyone has their own vision of what Tali looks like.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Part of what makes Tali so interesting is her mystery. That mod is a downgrade.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

What threw me off about Tali is that I remember ME1 saying that she was basically on her "becoming an adult" Quarian quest that you have to do to like get a formal name or something like that. Which always made me think of her as a young teenager, and which made it feel icky when people were romancing her in ME2.
Black Lives Matter.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I saw that as more of a coming-of-age rite of passage for children who had reached the age of adulthood. In human terms, she's 21 and joining the Army (or the Peace Corps) to prove to her family back home that she's got what it takes.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I don't have any graphics mods, I've gotten the Krogan, Garuss, and Tali, and I'm on my way to recruit Liara. Those ground missions can get a bit... boring.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:10 pm Part of what makes Tali so interesting is her mystery. That mod is a downgrade.
In my current playthrough, Tali's visor shows a little more than that. I can see her eyes and her nose, but very vaguely. Of course by this time I have installed enough mods I'm not sure which one changed her appearance. :)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Heres another one. This one is actually a fix of something. I dont think I ever noticed in the games ...much. I did notice a difference in her looks between 1 and 2/3. Think she looked younger in 1...rounder face perhaps.

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Been jumping across various parts of Milky Way, just solved the asteroid problem and almost ready to hit Noveria.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I actually had fun with Bring Down the Sky DLC. That final battle was a good one.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Whoever did the "Pinnacle Station" restoration DLC did a tremendous job recreating the DLC for the Legendary Edition. Apparently the devs lost the source code so it wasn't in the LE, but based on what I played, the restoration is exactly as described.

Took a few tries to get the hang of the hunt, as you must aggressively go after the enemies, and keep killing them to build up the timer. The first few times I simply ran out of time without scoring any kills, and the game isn't the best letting you get back into it.

Survival was easy-peasy. I ran the timer out at 10 minutes by simply holing up at a defensible spot. I have Tier 9 and 10 gear and that's almost firing non-stop.

Time-trials are easy enough as well as long as I go after enemies aggressively.

Capture is a matter of memorizing the level so I know where the capture points there, and basically run there and leave my crew to kill whoever's in our way.

Next stop, Noveria, then it's off to Virmire and the endgame. I've almost found everything there is to find, and I got 95% of the side missions.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

PC Gamer ran an interview last year with the team who restored Pinnacle Station.

Meet the modders who restored Mass Effect's lost DLC
"I typically measure the difficulty of a task by the number of aneurysms it gives me", says Mgamerz, head of the ME3Tweaks modding group. "This project definitely has given me the most out of all my projects I've done before."

That project is restoring of Pinnacle Station, an add-on for the original Mass Effect left out of Mass Effect Legendary Edition. The source code had been corrupted, and as game director Mac Walters explained, restoring it would have significantly delayed the Legendary Edition. "It would basically take us another full six months just to do this with most of the team we've got," Walters told Game Informer. "I wish we could do it. Honestly, just because this is meant to be everything that the team ever created, brought together again—all the singleplayer content. And so, leaving it all on the cutting-room floor, it was heartbreaking."

The ME3Tweaks modding crew, Mgamerz, SirCxyrtyx, Kinkojiro, and HenBagle, set out to fix that omission. It was possible thanks to Legendary Explorer, a mod-making tool they maintain, which lets modders extract and repack assets from Mass Effect Legendary Edition, and edit everything from in-game text to pathfinding. It's a successor to ME3Explorer, a similar toolset that began as a 'creation kit' for modders who wanted to change Mass Effect 3's ending. "While this specific project is a few months old," says SirCxyrtyx, the longest-serving member of the modding toolset's development group, "it's in some ways the culmination of almost a decade of work on making the Mass Effect trilogy moddable."
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Just finished ME1(LE). Didn't get all the achievements, but didn't expect to. I did consult a guide and thus when through "most" of the side missions, but I did miss a couple. Kinda kept my options open on the romance side and ended up with Liara, wasn't sure how. :D

May wait a day or two to start on ME2. Got some housekeeping to do.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Bah, started ME2, imported the old character, and just did 2 loyalty missions in a row... the old Merc, and ninja/thief.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I liked her. The actor who voiced the merc guy actually passed away recently. He had a distinct gruff voice.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Can't believe how many downloads I added for the LE already, probably in the 30-40 range. Mostly cosmetic mods, but also those 1 probe whole planet mods, and such.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

That one sounds handy. I hate the mining after the first time doing it.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Yeah, and the "no fuel consumption" mod, and the "no minigame" mod. I got tired of the minigames after playing all of them in ME1. It's distracting.

Got the first wave of my team, plus the two DLC characters (Merc and Thief), and finished Horizon. So right now I'm just cruising the area for the minor assignments, exploring more planets, and so on. I have about 200K credits, which should be good for a couple upgrades I needed to advance my tech tree. I am also getting loyalty mission requests from just about everybody. I'm going to do Jake's, then maybe Miranda's, then maybe the doc's. But I probably need to hold off recruiting anyone else for a while so I can do more side missions. I seem to be always short on E-zero and credits.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ugh fuel..forgot about that..and Ive finished this series 6 times I think. I have the Legendary and played ME1...almost time for ME2 play through. Im doing an Ashley love run with just choice based on how I feel. I was sentinel or something me1..Ill do engineer most likely as me2. Wanna finish 3 characters in SWTOR. My new guy is79 and I have an old 48 I want to max then and my old 80.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Seems I did EVERYBODY else's loyalty mission except Mirandas. I'm on Ilium and I'm still doing sidequests. :D It'd be interesting.

EDIT: Did Mirandas, and just did Thane's. Also did Shadowbroker DLC. That was fun. Thane's loyalty mission was a change of pace.

Two more left... Need to go recruit Tali, do Samara's Loyalty mission, then Tali's Loyalty mission.

EDIT: Done! I've finished ME2, AND that extra mission with Dr. Kenson at the end. Now I'm just cruising the galaxy looking for spots I didn't 100%.
Last edited by Kasey Chang on Sun May 15, 2022 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Unofficial patch for Mass Effect Legendary Edition addresses bugs in Mass Effect 2
Several months after Mass Effect Legendary Edition came out, modders released a community patch to fix a host of minor bugs and irritations in the remastered version of the first game. A similar community patch for the Legendary Edition's update of Mass Effect 3 followed. But the remastered Mass Effect 2 lacked a similar community patch—until now.

Although the Legendary version of Mass Effect 2 already dealt with the most egregious bugs in the best game in the series (don't @ me), there were still plenty of minor things left for the Unofficial LE2 patch to fix. The lengthy changelog notes a lot of lighting corrections, changes to make NPC uniforms match, fixes for inconsistent skin tones and misaligned props, as well as typos. There are a couple of more notable fixes, however.
I really need to carve out some time for a run through the trilogy.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I was kinda confused on why isn't there a community patch for ME2 when there is one for ME1 and ME3 (all LE editions). Well, too late for that. :D

Starting ME3LE in a few minutes, after I take care of a few paperwork issues.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You're a gaming beast. Even with my many multiple play throughs I allow a month at the minimum between games. When I start ME2 Legendary it will have been 3 months since ME1 L
Last edited by Daehawk on Mon May 16, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Oh, but I am going on EASY. I'm mainly here for the story. :D
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Kasey Chang wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:55 pm Oh, but I am going on EASY. I'm mainly here for the story. :D
With ME I enjoy the story first but some combat challenge is fun too.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Finished Sur'Kesh, then Krogan Team. Kinda messed up the Citadel and didn't meet everyone I should, or didn't follow walkthrough exactly so some steps are missed. Can probably spend some credits to buy stuff too. :)

EDIT: Dang, there are so many side quests it's a bit overwhelming, esp. when so many of them are sort-of dependent on you grabbing something on some OTHER missions.

Just made it to Citadel DLC and almost ready to get the party started. THEN there's the Omega DLC to help Aria take back Omega. THEN the war can resume...
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Phew, just finished LE3's Citadel DLC and Omega DLC. Kinda triggered both sorta by accident, Omega DLC really early, but really tried to delay starting it until I finished the Citadel DLC. That was a REALLY good fan service DLC giving fans all they asked for. And Omega DLC? Loads of fun as well. The baddies turned out to be not as bad as I expected, probably because I was playing on easy. Or perhaps because I'm like level 55 now and I haven't recruited the Quarians or the Geth, much less dug up (spoiler deleted) or even met back up with Miranda. On the other hand, I've rounded up a LOT of war assets, way past the minimum, and now with Omega finished, probably 2/3 of the bar filled already, as I've also hired all the mercs available for hire in Omega. It's keeping me entertained alright.

Both are actually quite good, as they added a LOT of play time to the game. Took me a couple hours to run through Omega, and despite the reputation of fan service, Citadel actually featured some good plot twists that made sense.

Though I'd say my favorite moments so far are being able to get a sightline on the shuttles trying to drop off reinforcements and the shuttle end up flying off with bodies in the cabin instead. I wouldn't even give them time to jump off. Cerberus guys really try to give themselves soft landings, and that made them vulnerable to being shot before they land properly.

Now it's probably time to go back to war by recruiting the Quarian and the Geth.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I am DONE! Finished LE3 (on easy). I used the Happy Endings Mod so I never have to see Starchild (i.e. the Catalyst AI) and made "destroy" the canonical ending. I had like 8250 military strength anyway, as I did all the side missions. Kinda goofed on the installation of Spectre Mod, so none of those missions worked other than the ones in the terminal where you can authorize or not, and didn't finish the side missions in the Omega DLC. Other than that... I'm done! I can see why this was like the do-all end-all kind space RPG game.

I imagine playing Andromeda after this may be a bit of a let-down, but it's for completion's sake. :D
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I thought Aria did sound a bit familiar... Checking the credits shows Aria was voiced by none other than...
Spoiler:
Carrie-Ann Moss, aka Trinity in the Matrix series
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

What happens in the end of ME3 is you dont have enough military strength? Ive always found the ending stupid and the military strength to be useless as its not your military that wins it according to the stupid way it ends. I would prefer if it did though. With a high str and a great wide fleet I should be able to kill the Reapers with just a galactic fleet.

Its as if Bioware wanted to do other ending types but said fuck it and went with 3 colors and a shitty ghost kid
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Daehawk wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:40 pm What happens in the end of ME3 is you dont have enough military strength?
According to the wiki / guide, if you lack the strength, and you chose the destory ending, the crucible fires, its lacks the precision...
Spoiler:
so if you are only "okay" strength, you lose EDI and the geth, since they're also AI with a bit of reaper code.

If you are REALLY badly off, the crucible ended up scrubbing all life off Earth in addition to wiping out the reapers.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Daehawk wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:40 pm What happens in the end of ME3 is you dont have enough military strength? Ive always found the ending stupid and the military strength to be useless as its not your military that wins it according to the stupid way it ends. I would prefer if it did though. With a high str and a great wide fleet I should be able to kill the Reapers with just a galactic fleet.
No, that's the point, the Reapers are just too powerful to be defeated. And even if you win at Earth, there are Reaper fleets at Palawan, Thessia, and many other worlds. Earth only has a fraction of their force. Your military strength is just there to defend the Citadel so you can use it to destroy the Reapers.
its as if Bioware wanted to do other ending types but said fuck it and went with 3 colors and a shitty ghost kid
Don't necessarily disagree with that.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I think it was discussed that Bioware had wanted to go in a more "dark energy" thing, and use of Eezo was increasing entropy and reapers were supposed to prevent that from happening by killing the eezo users, but when that leaked, they scrapped that entire line of thought and went with the secondary idea which is what we ended up with.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »