Sniper Elite 5 - coming May 25/26th, 2022

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Sniper Elite 5 - coming May 25/26th, 2022

Post by Blackhawk »

And the last full mission I barely tried at all. While I have a few other things that I want to do - I have two eagles left to shoot, and I want to grab some of the long shots - I reached a point at which I'm ready to be done and move on. So the last mission there was me opening fire. I still kept fairly quiet and made almost all 'ghost kills', but if there were half a dozen enemies across the map, I'd just shoot the whole half dozen instead of waiting for the chance to pick them off one-by-one.

Enlarge Image

I did take the time to get all of the variations of 'kill the bad guy' at the very end (iron sights, head shot, explosion, at 600 meters, plus the long shot and authentic long shot.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:21 am 'kill the bad guy' at the very end
That was such a weird mission.
Spoiler:
I should probably put "mission" in quotes, there's so little to do. It wasn't bad per se -- I kind of enjoyed being able to leisurely kill the big bad without some artificial build-up -- but it felt kind of strange to end on such a simple, easy note.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Ran into a bug in Mission 4 (War Factory).
Spoiler:
Sabotaging the Smelting Vault. Press the button but the bucket stops before reaching the destination. Quest marker no longer allows interaction, just an indication that I'm in the right area.
Reported by many of late but not acknowledged as a known issue. As the quest is a main, I'm stuck with no exit point. Will come back to this once fixed as I'm thoroughly enjoying
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You seem to be on a well known murder spree.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Did you ignore the flare gun?

You shouldn't ignore the flare gun.

Make sure you unmute.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I learned that the fun way. I saw one and grabbed it, wondering what the point was - so I fired it at the side of the building I was next to.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:02 pm I learned that the fun way. I saw one and grabbed it, wondering what the point was - so I fired it at the side of the building I was next to.
I'm sure that ended well for you.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
DarkOverLord

Post by DarkOverLord »

Release was amazing imo
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Steam has just started downloading what appears to be a 45GB patch :shock:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Holy crap is right.
Spoiler:
Removed some input delay and softened the edges of the deadzone for 'aiming' input. This should result in better fine aiming control.
Various fixes to prevent the player falling or hanging through the floor, or getting stuck in the 'falling' animation
Fixed general collision issues allowing players to walk through some walls in varying locations
Various fixes to players getting stuck on ladders
Fixed an issue preventing camera control when a player enters Photo Mode with ironsights
The free cam has now been restricted slightly in Photo Mode, to avoid exploits during Axis Invasions
Fixed an issue incorrectly allowing weapon scroll when using a mounted machine gun
Med Kits will now work as expected on application
The Precision Machines Receiver attachment will now correctly reduce speed rather than increase it
The Austen Control Grip will now improve recoil recovery as expected
Jeff Sullivan’s equipment will now appear as expected when selecting him as a playable character
'Show Off' and 'Saboteur' Medals should now unlock correctly
Machine Gunners will no longer T-pose when shot
Player can no longer equip weapons or binoculars when using a mounted machine gun
Dead enemies hidden in crates no longer continue to move
Player is no longer able to hide underwater in the Landing Zone Multiplayer map
Grenades will no longer get stuck to the player’s hand when attempting to throw them
Grenade arcs will no longer disappear unexpectedly
Fixed an issue impacting the ability to use the Grenade hotkey
Fixed an issue causing Herr Grunberg’s name to display incorrectly when looking at them through the binoculars
The overpressure magazine now correctly lists ‘Increase Bullet Drop’ as a con
Enemy AI will no longer disappear from the map when a cut scene gets triggered
Booby-trapped bodies will now explode as expected
Fixed an issue causing Flare Guns to slow down movement
Players will no longer be able to obtain the Authentic Trophy by exploiting the ability to change difficulties in the pause menu
Fixed an issue causing an inability to drop dead bodies on pick-up
Fixed an issue causing AI to get caught in a consistent investigation loop
Fruit boxes will no longer levitate or appear to multiply unexpectedly
Fixed an issue in Survival Mode causing the crew in armoured vehicles to remain alive after the vehicle’s destruction, halting progression onto the next wave.
Fixed an issue stopping the Satchel Charge from unlocking on completion of the campaign
Fixed an issue causing a game crash when already exiting
Fixed an issue some players were experiencing where Axis soldiers would get suck crouched in mid-air
Fixed an issue causing birds to get stuck in place
Fixed an issue causing wind to be disabled incorrectly in Campaign/Survival
The trigger volume for Mines has now been increased to ensure they activate in range, regardless of human or vehicle targets
Fixed an animation glitch causing an AI soldier to get off his bike after being shot, despite being dead
Fixed an issue causing headlights to turn on and off based on the player’s proximity
Microphone volume will no longer automatically return to 100% each time a player returns to game
Additional minor bug fixes and improvements

Mission 1:

The enemy at the boathouse will now spawn correctly so players can retrieve the key and proceed to the next section of the map
Marcel’s key will now correctly unlock the floorboard after retrieving it from the building’s Attic
Fixed an issue causing the chandelier to activate twice if shot and then activated via the lever
Fixed a bug stopping some players from unlocking the Karabiner 98 after killing Freidrich with a chandelier
Fixed a bug causing the ending cut scene to play too early for some players
The Beach Defences collectible item will now appear correctly
The kill list target Steffen Beckendorf’s vehicle will no longer disappear

Mission 2:

Fixed an issue causing the chandelier to activate twice if shot and then activated via the lever
Fixed a bug stopping some players from unlocking the Karabiner 98 after killing Freidrich with a chandelier

Mission 4:

Fixed an issue halting progression after sabotaging the Smelting Vat by pulling the lever
Fixed an issue stopping some players from being able to sabotage the crane by pressing the switch
Players will now be able to exfiltrate Mission 4 as expected
Fixed an issue stopping players from being able to enter the building via the vent
Fixed an issue causing irregular movement when walking down the stairs in Mission 4
Fixed a bug stopping players from being able to enter via the roof hatch to obtain the collectible item
Fixed an issue causing the mission to end too early when entering the building near the kill list target

Mission 5:

The objective to bury Lanzo Baumann in concrete will now complete as expected on completion
Specific to Xbox players, in Mission 5 players are now able to interact and destroy the radio with the crowbar as expected

Mission 6:

Fixed an issue causing some irregular movement of the kill list target Jaan Trautmann
The 222 tank will now spawn as expected

Mission 7:

Fixed an issue stopping the Kill List reward, the RSC1918, from unlocking after the V2 rocket has been dropped onto Dr Jungers.
Fixed an issue causing irregular movement on ladders in Mission 7 which sometimes resulted in players getting stuck
Fixed an issue causing a box to float

Mission 8:

Fixed an issue causing enemies to be appear invisible in the hangar

Mission 10 (Target Führer DLC):

Fixed an issue impacting the ability to pick up a crowbar
Hitler will now acknowledge the player as expected during a gun fight
Specific to Xbox players, in Mission 10 the tower will fall as expected once the cables are sabotaged with the bolt cutters

Maybe next year, maybe no go
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This is from their news feed about the update:. The patch includes a new multiplayer map, so that might also explain the largeness.
Spoiler:
The Sniper Elite 5 development team is working hard to improve the game and headshot as many of those pesky bugs as possible. As always, we’ve been keeping a close eye on your feedback, with the Community and Support teams making sure nothing gets missed.

It’s been great to see how many of you have really got into playing Invasion Mode. Watching videos and reading stories of the awesome cat and mouse sniper showdowns people have been experiencing has made all the hard work worthwhile. As a result of the ongoing Community feedback we’ve received, we’ve made various improvements and fixes to Invasion Mode. We’ve done some balancing to make the Invader a little less powerful, have reduced them down to 1 grenade and 1 landmine, and have swapped out some of their skills. The ambition is to keep proactively balancing Invasion Mode moving forward as the way people play changes over time – but for now, the Invader will have to work a little bit harder for their kills!

We’ve also removed the bonus XP for simply playing with invasions on and have fixed a reported bug by which players could be invaded immediately after another invasion ended. We always intended to allow time between invasions and as a result of this update you’ll likely find you’re being invaded less regularly, especially on the first few levels. (If you want to be invaded as much as possible, either play later levels or use the re-matching system).

Additionally we have removed the ability for hosts to kick invaders from the game and we’ve re-balanced the anti-AFK timer. Allied players will never get killed or kicked for camping and will have a bit more time before the timer starts. Invaders can now pass through Axis AI, meaning you’ll no longer get blocked at doorways or narrow paths. You now also don’t have to worry about your Allied character talking too much as Invaders can no longer hear the Allied player talking to themselves. You might have noticed that you will see a normal HUD even if you invade a game in Authentic mode – this was to make things a bit easier for less experienced Invaders. There’s now a setting in the Options menu that disables that, so if you invade a game in Authentic, you won’t have a HUD either.

Seeing how much players have been engaging with the deep weapon customisation, perfecting different setups based on their varying playstyle has been really satisfying. We’ve made some small tweaks to weapons, such as applying a slightly slower ‘Time to Aim’ for the rifles and reducing how easily the Kar98K can become a 1 hit killing machine.

The Field Report that appears at the end of a mission has had a visual overhaul along with some under the hood improvements. We can’t wait to see more of you trying to reach the extreme points of the playstyle graph across various levels – so don’t forget to share your reports with our social channels. We’ve been in awe at just how good at stealth so many of you are.

Beyond the above, we’ve also been listening to player feedback regarding controller dead zones which we know has been a hot topic since launch. With that in mind, we’ve made some improvements to smooth out the transition, whilst also looking into further support for future patches.

Along with these changes there have been many other tweaks and additions, such as a FOV slider on PC, camera improvements, making the Teller Mine more likely to be triggered by passing vehicles, and various level and unlock fixes, to name but a few. For a more comprehensive list, see our full patch notes below.

As a final note, we’re delighted to release a FREE Multiplayer map as part of this update, as a thank you for the Community’s ongoing patience since launch. The existing No-Cross map Urban Ruins is now playable at night in our Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Squad Match modes. Not only that, but we’ve added more cover to the central park and opened up areas of the map for varying angles of attack so you’ll need to explore and engage with your new vantage points.

With that, please do keep your feedback coming in via our various Community spaces. We hope you continue to enjoy the game and, until next time, happy hunting!

Ryan Baker – Lead Designer
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

fixed a reported bug by which players could be invaded immediately after another invasion ended
I had so many invaders during my playthrough, I assumed this was a feature, not a bug! (I turn off invaders when I wanted to focus on being sneaky.)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And done. No real interest in proceeding with the Survival or Invasion modes, so off the drive it goes.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Not clear on what the different infiltration points are for.
And as mentioned here, for a Sniper Elite game, I'm kinda disappointed at the lack of sniper guns and opportunities so far, although still only in Mission 1.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They're for replaying missions, especially for getting the collectibles, long shots, etc.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

My playthrough technique varies each mission and, I think, based on how my day went. War Factory was almost pure stealth while, in Secret Weapons, I blew up a tank and used the sound to lure everyone in. Then I went to find another tank on the opposite side of the map to repeat the process. Not done the mission yet and am wondering what my approach will be now that it is a different day.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
naednek

Post by naednek »

well, the sniper elite series isn't normally my thing, but since it was on xbox game pass for pc, i tried. I just finished tonight, and it was fun. I ended up not worrying about being sneaky, I mean I tried but if it fell apart I didn't let that bug me.

I loved the variety of the maps and how big they were. Weapons were a bit underwhelming but overall a fun experience. I just tried normal multiplayer and don't think I'll dabble too much in that.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"