Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

Re: Random randomness

Post by Jaymann »

Waiting for the punchline that never came...
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Fardaza wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:42 am
ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:31 pm Jesus was petty as fuck.
As one of the forum moderators, you should refrain from making religious and/or political comments. Several recent posts in this thread are inappropriate! You're supposed to be moderating them, not adding to them.

At the very least, move them to the religion & politics board.
I'm very comfortable with my post and it's placement. If you'd like to start a discussion around the topic, feel free to start a thread in the Meta forum.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I initially thought you wrote "Jesus was pretty as fuck" and was confused why anyone would find that offensive. I mean, he had the luxurious hair that seemed to never suffer from split ends, or frizzed out when it was humid. I also suspect his skin care regimen was pretty extensive and it's my sincere hope that someday we find scrolls or tablets outlining what products he used. In addition, his robes were always tighter at the chest and arms while tapering to a fuller midsection to create a wonderfully trim yet muscular silhouette....

...wait...what were talking about again?

Never mind, Con Air is on!
He won. Period.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:10 pm Don't know if anyone will care, but I saw this over on YouTube, a clip from the movie Strategic Air Command (1955) with Jimmy Stewart. That's not the part I cared about, the cool part is the preps, the start-up and the take-off of a B-36. After it's in the air you can quit watching if you wish :wink:
The crazy part is you think B-29 was big? This was BIGGER, and has a crew of 15. And it's got TEN ENGINES and can stay aloft for up to 40 HOURS (internal fuel only, no air-to-air refuel on this old thing). It seems when the Allies read the wunderwaffen plan of Amerikabomber (Nazi plan to build a bomber that can hit New York) they start thinking: why can't we do that?

Ah, the power of virtually unlimited budget...
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Kasey Chang wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:18 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:10 pm Don't know if anyone will care, but I saw this over on YouTube, a clip from the movie Strategic Air Command (1955) with Jimmy Stewart. That's not the part I cared about, the cool part is the preps, the start-up and the take-off of a B-36. After it's in the air you can quit watching if you wish :wink:
The crazy part is you think B-29 was big? This was BIGGER, and has a crew of 15. And it's got TEN ENGINES and can stay aloft for up to 40 HOURS (internal fuel only, no air-to-air refuel on this old thing). It seems when the Allies read the wunderwaffen plan of Amerikabomber (Nazi plan to build a bomber that can hit New York) they start thinking: why can't we do that?

Ah, the power of virtually unlimited budget...
I am confused by your post.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Kasey Chang wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:21 am I bought the "MinWallet" which is composed of just a couple metal clips, and stretchable fabric. And it works quite well...
I changed my mind. It does NOT work well. It is compact and secure, but it also makes it a PAIN to get things out. The slightly more compact factor does NOT offset the lack of convenience.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:05 pm I am confused by your post.
That's all right, I often confuse myself.

Post on B-36 startu procedure

B-36 has 10 engines! 15 crew!

B-36 dev started in WW2!

B-36 may have been inspired by Hitler's *AmerikaBomber*!

But the allies actually did it!

Power of unlimited budget in the beginning of Cold War! (B-36 was really obsolete before it went into service, but it's the only thing that had the range until B-52)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Ah, ok - I follow better now. I was confused by the mention of the B-29 - but now I understand why you said it that way.

Thanks!
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

That must be North Las Vegas, FL, right?
Conform or be cast out!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Nope.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:04 amNope.
Are we back over in the Silly Pics thread? :lol:
Conform or be cast out!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I see NBC is moving its last soap opera off network and onto Peacock. It made me wonder how long before there is no network tv and only companies and sites to stream stuff.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

When the last Gen Xer dies.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Fatal Kangaroo Attack Is Said to Be First in Australia in 86 Years
A 77-year-old Australian man was killed this weekend by a kangaroo in what is believed to be the country’s first fatal kangaroo attack in over 80 years.

The police believe that the man, who was identified by Australia’s national broadcaster as Peter Eades, was keeping the wild kangaroo as a pet.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Film at 11:
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

AWS260 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:12 am Fatal Kangaroo Attack Is Said to Be First in Australia in 86 Years
A 77-year-old Australian man was killed this weekend by a kangaroo in what is believed to be the country’s first fatal kangaroo attack in over 80 years.

The police believe that the man, who was identified by Australia’s national broadcaster as Peter Eades, was keeping the wild kangaroo as a pet.
Indeed, Roo is not to be trifled with.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Holman

Post by Holman »

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My back is out kinda iffy way you'd say. has been since I weedeated the ditches. Anyways cant go anywhere or so anything so decided to start reorganizing the back storage room. Theres two but only one Im fooling with for now. its taken me SIX hours to just get half of it out of the room. Theres still half to go and the first half is in my living room so I barely have a path through it.

Most of the time is cleaning it all up as I go and going through it to see what in that box or this bag and stuff. really slows me down. We didn't label anything when we put it in those rooms. Ive found old Xmas cards from my dad to me and my wife, letters from my wife to me...some of this is really really hard for me to go through but in the end I look at it as a joy to see again. One card said "If I haven't old you I love you today then Im saying it now"...sorta like ya I cant hear you any longer but in this way of me finding the card I got that today...so it was nice.

Found old clothes that I can actually wear. I think some of it was my dad's that my step mom gave me after he was gone. I can wear dad's clothes now....means I need to diet better :) But Im thankful to have them when I need them. I did find all of my wife's photo albums finally.

Funny the stuff you find. Just a couple weeks ago I had a couple items I couldn't find the box to. Well found those boxes. But now i cant refind the items I had for them lol. I also was thinking back to when i met my wife. That first day we met we went out that night and I had gone home to shower and dress better. I wore a grey and pink dress shirt that night. My wife loved it so much she took it over and would actually wear it . I found it too. its like brand new. I was thinking of it the other day and thought Id lost it forever. Nope...awesome.

Welp still half a room to go...will get the first half back in there tomorrow then work the 2nd half the next couple days. ugh. Found a old Packard Bell pc and a CRt monitor....have no idea where it came from...wasn't mine in the 90s. Only thing I can figure it was given to me for some reason. Going to test it out too. I did find the Marie Osmond bears and dolls I was going to try and sell. My wife got them all then packed them away so dont think she ever really cared that much for them...so in other words it wont bother me to sell them.

I also found my ES Daggerfall like new pc big box...may sell it as its going for over $200 on ebay..sold items already..some want more on new auctions..wooo. Tempted to sell my original Half Life too as its selling for good prices...not sure.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I cant believe it! I found the card off my first pc. This is neat. I scanned it for you guys to check out those specs hehe. At the time they rocked.

Enlarge Image

I still have the pc too. Its stored in an out building and was fairly rusty on the insides years ago. Shame.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:08 pm I cant believe it! I found the card off my first pc. This is neat. I scanned it for you guys to check out those specs hehe. At the time they rocked.

Enlarge Image

I still have the pc too. Its stored in an out building and was fairly rusty on the insides years ago. Shame.
A 486 SX didn't rock! You skipped out on the math coprocessor! :)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

486 DX2 66MHz, baby!
disarm

Post by disarm »

Isgrimnur wrote:486 DX2 66MHz, baby!
Our Packard Bell 486 DX2-66 was a beast at the time! We even splurged and spent an extra $200 to add another 4MB of RAM so that it could run Papyrus' Nascar Racing Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

A 486 SX didn't rock! You skipped out on the math coprocessor!
it played everything fine until the ground attack mission in either Wing Commander 3 or 4. Then it chugged and I had to upgrade. Built a AMD 486DX4-100 system then.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I can't remember the episode very well, but are these lines accurate? If so... Wow!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

True

He won. Period.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

"Take D'Artagnan here to sickbay." :lol:

Seems so out of character.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I cant believe it. For all these years since I got them in the 1990s Ive had my Diamond Stealth s3 Virge box and Diamond Monster 3D 3dfx boxes on my shelf but couldn't remember where my cards were. I found them! In a box in a box under other boxes in my storage room. woooo. So nice to have them back in their antistatic bags and in the original boxes. Nice.

I also found a 3D Blaster Annihilator Pro card. I dont remember owning one but guess I did lol. Found another card. Lemme see what it is.......oh shit its my GeForce 4200ti. Wow. Even found my first cable modem. It was internal and was downstream only. Had to keep dial up for upstream. Looks like it has a harmonica welded to it :)

What fun finds. memories.

EDIT: Found the keyboard to my first PC! Brought tears to my eyes to hold it. Dang. Still remember that day in clarity. June 1994. Saturday. ahhh fun day...smiled all day.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:46 am I cant believe it. For all these years since I got them in the 1990s Ive had my Diamond Stealth s3 Virge box and Diamond Monster 3D 3dfx boxes on my shelf but couldn't remember where my cards were. I found them! In a box in a box under other boxes in my storage room. woooo. So nice to have them back in their antistatic bags and in the original boxes. Nice.

I also found a 3D Blaster Annihilator Pro card. I dont remember owning one but guess I did lol. Found another card. Lemme see what it is.......oh shit its my GeForce 4200ti. Wow. Even found my first cable modem. It was internal and was downstream only. Had to keep dial up for upstream. Looks like it has a harmonica welded to it :)

What fun finds. memories.

EDIT: Found the keyboard to my first PC! Brought tears to my eyes to hold it. Dang. Still remember that day in clarity. June 1994. Saturday. ahhh fun day...smiled all day.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:43 pm
Spoiler:
You were close, this is what I got today for the third week of my birth month:

Enlarge Image
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i have this Bluetooth smart LED bulb i got when my old place of employ was clearing out alllll of their Bluetooth sample products. it did not come with a manual, was in a plain white box that only says
Bluetooth Bulb
Designed in the EU
Distributor: Woomboo Ltd.
www.bluetoothbulb.com
80 lumen /Watt
6 Watt
E27 socket type
Mfg Code 1304018W

Available on the App Store
however, going to that URL just brings up a 'moving guide' website in Chinese. i can't find anything on the app store that might work with this?

turning the bulb on and off three (or six times) with a 1-2 second pause between each switch does not put it into pairing mode.

would be nice to find some way to get this bulb off this bluish-white light
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I dunno, when a fly-by-night Chinese knock-off tries to make me think it's product is made in the EU, I'm not sure I'd want to install their app even if I could find it.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:42 am however, going to that URL just brings up a 'moving guide' website in Chinese.
FWIW, that's Japanese. :)

That thing is from like 2012, man. I found a reference to the app, but again, 2012. I seriously doubt there's ANY app that can talk to it nowadays.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Kasey Chang wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:45 am
hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:42 am however, going to that URL just brings up a 'moving guide' website in Chinese.
FWIW, that's Japanese. :)

That thing is from like 2012, man. I found a reference to the app, but again, 2012. I seriously doubt there's ANY app that can talk to it nowadays.
yeaaah if i had been paying attention i would have picked that out. gah

but it looks like this bulb is stuck on its current temperature lighting.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I can hardly belive that after all our hardships we faced including bankruptcy that I have a credit rating that is 6 points from excellent today.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive drank a large bottle of tequila since yesterday. As a teenager tequila was my favorite go to. As an adult i hate it . it stinks, tastes awful, and makes me sick at my stomach. it helps me a little but more sad now I think. No more of that. Yuck.
Last edited by Daehawk on Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:22 pm I can hardly belive that after all our hardships we faced including bankruptcy that I have a credit rating that is 6 points from excellent today.
That's great news!
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:32 pm Ive drank a large bottle of tequila since yesterday. As a teenager tequila was my favorite go to. As an adult i hate it . it stinks, tastes awful, and makes me sick at my stomach. it helps me a little but more sad now I think. Now more of that. Yuck.
This is not great news!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well just gotmad and slammed my kb down and some keys flew off.....which pissedme off so e more and I beat the living shit out ofmykeyboard until it doesnt havea key remaining. Was goi g to clean itupbutky photos of the key placement are on my mechanical drives that i did t put in this old case....so no idea how to repair it if it still worx...pisting off a tablet.

think ill just stsp away for a while..nothi g else works so why shouldthe pc.....so if I dont post thats why...im on a tablet which i also hate to postthis.