(Doomsday Clock)The RW fanatics edging closer to midnight

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Pyperkub

(Doomsday Clock)The RW fanatics edging closer to midnight

Post by Pyperkub »

Not only has Russia been throwing around the idea of using Nukes WRT to the Ukraine War in the past year, but now Israeli RW Cabinet Ministers are publicly contemplating nuking Gaza.

The Doomsday Clock usually only gets updated 1x year, but it seems to be accelerating...

Heritage Minister Amichai Eliyahu from Otzma Yehudit was suspended on Sunday from government meetings after he said dropping an atom bomb on Gaza is an option in an interview to Kol Barama on Sunday morning...

...When the interviewer asked whether Israel should just drop an atom bomb on the strip, Eliyahu replied that that was an option.
It's not a goddamn option you f*cking, f*ck!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Re: (Doomsday Clock)The RW fanatics edging closer to midnight

Post by hepcat »

I don't think anyone took him seriously though. The concept of dropping a nuclear bomb in your own backyard is not something anyone with half a brain would actually propose with any seriousness. He was just being a Trump.
He won. Period.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Yeah, I am sure nuking Gaza and dropping radioactive fallout over your own people is a winning strategy.
Hodor.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

hepcat wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:38 pm I don't think anyone took him seriously though. The concept of dropping a nuclear bomb in your own backyard is not something anyone with half a brain would actually propose with any seriousness. He was just being a Trump.
TBH, with the world the way it is now, these nutjobs who say these things ARE the nutjobs who have been given the power to do so (even if this particular nutjob and the reporter who asked the question don't explicitly have it, this nutjob is a Cabinet member, and more and more nutjobs are getting closer and closer to the buttons...).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are therein shall be burned up."
- written 1,954 years ago by Peter, the apostle of Jesus.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Your point being...?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Dave Allen wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:55 pm "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are therein shall be burned up."
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Dave Allen wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:55 pm "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall be dissolved with fervent heat, and the earth and the works that are therein shall be burned up."
It’s either saying that mankind will bring about his own doom by launching the apocalypse himself rather than wait for God of it will be unexpected. There later is more likely.

The fire imagery is evocative of a volcano more than a nuke. The eruption of mt Vesuvius would have been in living memory of when that was written.

There are a lot of folk who are impatient for god to bring judgement day so we need to be cautious no nuts can get near our nukes.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Holman wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:24 pm Your point being...?
I was just providing some evidence for how biblical The Doomsday Clock is.
That said, any clock that goes forward and backward ought not be trusted.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

It is a symbolic representation, not a timepiece.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:25 pm It is a symbolic representation, not a timepiece.
I was being seefeces. :shock:

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Dave Allen wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:58 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:25 pm It is a symbolic representation, not a timepiece.
I was being seefeces. :shock:
Yeah, now that you point it out, I see it.

I see feces.