Elder Scrolls the MMO

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Max Peck

Re: Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by Max Peck »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:09 pm All of the stuff that they give you as a log in bonus - can that be transferred between characters? I've been logging in every day to claim it on a level 7 I had from a few years ago, but I haven't actually started playing yet. Am I wasting my time?
All of the daily login freebies are account bound, so you can't sell them but you can put them in your bank storage to share them among your roster of characters. The ones that are unlocks (emotes, cosmetics and whatnot) are unlocked for all characters on your account. Stuff like potions or food should have effects that scale with character level, so they're effective for any character even if you claim them on a low-level character.

The freebies that you get as you level up, on the other hand, are character bound. Those can't be put in the bank and won't stack in your inventory with the daily freebies, even if they otherwise appear to be the same type of thing.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Groovy. That means that I won't be stuck running the level 7 when I get around to actually playing.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just a heads up that the Necrom expansion is 50% off right now on Steam and Epic for $19.99. I may use my Steam cash for this and go back to ESO later.

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:31 pm Just a heads up that the Necrom expansion is 50% off right now on Steam and Epic for $19.99. I may use my Steam cash for this and go back to ESO later.

Enlarge Image
I picked it up on PS5 last night and started messing with the new Arcanist class. Pretty fun so far and I like the new zone as well.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

There is also an in-game Necrom event underway, running through to Tuesday, October 10 at 10AM EDT: Secrets of the Telvanni.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks for those last two. I mighta missed them. Better log in and see whats going on. I think Ill let the Gold stuff wait as its not until June that it hits even.

I need to finished up whatevers left of my Necrom story line.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Try ESO Plus for Free and Get Access to DLCs, Unlimited Crafting Space, and More
The ESO Plus Free Trial is live from now until January 25, at 10AM EST.
Quest, Hunt, Pilfer, and Conquer during the Guilds and Glory Celebration Event
The Guilds and Glory Celebration begins Thursday, January 18 at 10AM EST, and runs until Tuesday, January 30 at 10AM EST. Throughout the event, as you quest and adventure within Wrothgar, Hew's Bane, the Gold Coast, and the Imperial City, you’ll earn an assortment of bonus goodies including Reward Boxes and Event Tickets.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just now totally finished the Necron / Apocrypha line / chapter. Was a fun ride with my new Arcanist. Think I like my necro more but the Arc's beam spell is pretty devastating.

Not sure what to do now. I will def get this Gold Road chapter though.
habibi

Elder Scrolls the MMO

Post by habibi »

I’ve stopped playing for a year but just catching up on (reading about) these releases and events/celebration is exhausting. But, I just spotted a Minotaur Chest diagram for 600K. I remember the price for these were 1 million. Oh, how the economy has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

FYI, just in case any one here happens to be that one guy that plays ESO but doesn't have the Orsinium DLC yet, it is being given away as the 2nd daily login reward for this month.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is that new or something? I dont recall hearing that name before. I should have ALL DLC as I bought Blackwood and got all before it then later bought Necron. Is it after Necron? If so ill need to reinstall to log in ..dangit.

Also I did play my arcanist a little in the normal lands before stopping in Jan. That green beam attack makes the game easy mode. Nothing lives but a sec or two against it. Thats another reason if I go back sometime Id probably play my necro.

EDIT: Looking more it was released in 2015!...Never heard of it so of course dont recall going to it. Guess I never went to the orc lands and helped rebuild that place. Sounds fun. Will go there next time I load the game up. Not sure when. Thinking of going back to STO or SWTOR first.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Orsinium was the very first DLC, IIRC, and deals with an orcish region. I've played through its story line on at least one character. I thought it was covered by the "collection" version of the annual chapter updates, but it seems that is not the case. I have access to it, but apparently that's because it is included in ESO+ rather than because I own it outright. It's currently listed in the crown store for 3k crowns, and I suppose it will show as purchased once I log in tomorrow.

Anyway, you can unlock it for free by logging into the game at least twice this month.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:44 pm I should have ALL DLC as I bought Blackwood and got all before it then later bought Necron.
Not all of the previous DLC are included in the chapter "collection" packages. The ones listed in the current collection package show up as purchased when I look at DLC in the crown store, but there are a bunch more, like Orsinium, the Thieves Guild, the Dark Brotherhood, and umpteen others that I have access to through ESO+ but don't actually own outright.

The easiest way to see what you do and do not own is to open the crown store in-game, go to the DLC section and filter on purchased or not purchased. Even though I've bought all of the chapter updates, there are far more unpurchased than purchased DLC on my account. If I ever cancel my ESO+ subscription, my stockpile of "free with ESO+" crowns wouldn't come close to being able to cover all of the unpurchased DLC. :lol:

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:38 pm Anyway, you can unlock it for free by logging into the game at least twice this month.
OK, it might actually take 3 days. For some reason, the daily login is counting the first day of the month twice, so even though I logged in yesterday and today it's only credited me with one day in March so far. My guess is that they have a bug that doesn't play nice with leap years. :lol:

Edit: It looks like it's not just me.

Issues with Daily Login Reward Day 2 For Orsinium DLC
Hi all, we have seen several reports on players on PC EU, PS EU, and XB EU of issues claiming the day two daily login rewards. We are aware of the issue and gathering information at this current time. We'll follow up once we have more information. Please note that it is the middle of the night currently, so we likely will not have additional updates tonight.

For those currently impacted, if you could note the following, it would help with providing our teams with added information.
Please note the following:

What platform and megaserver are you playing on?
If you claimed day one rewards?
Do you own Orsinium already?
Any additional updates?

For those on PC NA, PS NA, and XB NA, if you come across this issue once day two reset happens, please make note of that in this thread as well. Appreciate everyone's assistance as we gather information and work this out.
They already have 13+ pages of replies describing the same issue I'm seeing, so I didn't bother to reply. If they can't sort it out with the information they already have, my 2 cents won't matter.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

It seems for many people, going to a DLC zone will let you claim it.

edit: It worked for me. I couldn't claim it in Grahtwood so went to Rimmen and I could.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I tried porting to several zones that people have said worked for them, but no joy. The servers are being taken down at 1400 EST, which is not a normal maintenance time, so perhaps they have a proper fix for it that's ready to go.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I haven't gotten to install it even yet lol. better do that now.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The server bounce seems to have fixed the daily login reward issue. I logged in again just now and was able to claim it as per normal.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Been a long time since I played and Im missing the knowledge now to know how to start the main quest of this Orsinium DLC. I got into the zone today and traveled to the castle. I did some side quests but theres no King on the throne for me to get the main one from and ive forgotten how t o start main quests it seems.

Is there a menu to do it or do it in the zone itself?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Perhaps the original instructions from 2015 still apply:
Travel to your starting city—Daggerfall, Davon's Watch, or Vulkhel Guard—and when you arrive, you'll be approached by an Orc messenger who will present you with a letter from Forge-Mother Alga. Finish speaking to the messenger to begin the “Invitation to Orsinium" quest. Next, seek out Ambassador Lazgara in Daggerfall, Davon's Watch, or Vulkhel Guard and speak with her to advance the quest and arrange for transportation to the Merchant's Gate in Wrothgar.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Nope tried that too. Stood around and walked a half hour. Finally got it to work by going back to Wolf whatever zone and hitting P to open story something and manually starting it from there.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

That makes sense. In general, if you travel to a new zone then you'll generally have NPCs that run up to you and offer a starter quest when applicable.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Something buggy with this zone and my character I think. I just helped the king kill a winterlord and now i have no new quest to do here. the zone doesn't even show up in my journal with the other quests. You'd think one quest would lead to another..not simply end after 1 quest. Nothing is rebuilt and ive not even traveled the zone around.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's been a couple of years since I did ran Orsinium on my old main character, so that specific quest doesn't ring a bell. Is it supposed to be part of the storyline for the zone or just a stand-alone side quest?

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The ice warlord from the Reach quest was the first main quest with the king. You find a dead messenger and an attacked caravan nearby. Thats how it starts. its the main line one. Thats why I thought it should have automatically gave me the next part.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

OK, I found how to trigger the Orsinium starter quest through the Collections/Stories/Zone DLC/Orsinium menu. That activated the Invitation to Orsinium quest. I'll give that a try and see if I run into any glitches.

Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:19 pm Been a long time since I played and Im missing the knowledge now to know how to start the main quest of this Orsinium DLC. I got into the zone today and traveled to the castle. I did some side quests but theres no King on the throne for me to get the main one from and ive forgotten how t o start main quests it seems.

Is there a menu to do it or do it in the zone itself?
You should be able to get the starter quest from the crown store (for free).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I couldn't make it tell me my next quest and needed to sell the junk i was carry. I ran into the closest place to sell and it was a tavern and damn there was the king sitting with a quest marker to continue the main line.

I dont get it. Still think something is buggy.

Also the log in today was 2 crates. i opened one and clicked open another and the text all went away and the idiot crate cat just sat there..nothing happened. So I exited the screen and opened it back up to open that 2nd crate and there was no other crate. Buggy I tell ya.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Alefroth wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:45 pm You should be able to get the starter quest from the crown store (for free).
I was able to find a bunch of free prologue quests in the crown store, but not the Orsinium starter quest. I did eventually find it in the Collections UI, under Stories/Zone DLC though.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:55 pm Well I couldn't make it tell me my next quest and needed to sell the junk i was carry. I ran into the closest place to sell and it was a tavern and damn there was the king sitting with a quest marker to continue the main line.

I dont get it. Still think something is buggy.
Nope, it was working as intended. You just didn't pay attention to the dialogue when you finished the quest at the keep. :lol:

Enlarge Image

There was also an NPC hanging out at the Orsinium wayshrine that ran up and told me that the king wanted to talk to me, offering the next quest in the chain. I'd guess that you just never went to the area where he was waiting for you. He flagged me down when I was on my way out of the city, immediately after finishing the prior quest at the keep.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thats another thing....messengers giving you quest parts....was this how the game originally was getting a quest? I dotn recall that as I played near the start of ESO.

I was about to fuss I was yet again not updated on next part but this time a msg ran up and gave it to me. And yep I heard the king tell me to meet him at the tavern this time too. You think the game could AT LEAST put that info as your next objective. if you forget it its not marked on the map of journal.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I decided to play my sorc for a change of scenery. They are only like lvl 10. Well DAGNABBIT!! They ge ta summon pet that STAYS with you and cool lightning to call down plus a storm storm form.

This is stuff my Necro should get and yet they dotn get squat. The necro needs a permanent summon skeleton and a wraith form and stuff .im disappointed and sad again about my necro who is my favorite. guess Ill play the sorc a bit.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I just noticed that they're leaning into the Orsinium giveaway by handing out some additional freebies for completing a couple of the zone achievements:
In addition to being able to claim Orsinium, from March 4 at 10AM ET until April 1 at 10AM ET, we’re also adding a series of free Crown Store collectibles that you can unlock by completing various zone achievements.

Complete the Orsinum main questline and earn the Kingmaker achievement, and you can claim the fearsome Inkfur Ursauk mount.

Defeat four different Wrothgar world bosses to earn the Defender of Orsinium achievement, and you’ll also be able to claim the Eternity Tunic with Pants, the “Brilliance” Brocade Robes, and the Summit Lord’s Silken Robes costumes—showcasing some of Orsinium’s latest fashions!

You can unlock these collectibles as free Crown Store items only via Orsinium’s achievements and only from March 4 at 10AM ET until April 1 at 10AM ET, so don’t miss out on your chance to get it all for free. If you have already unlocked these achievements, great! You can claim these additional rewards when they arrive in the Crown Store.
A nice thing about these collectibles is that they are account-wide. I already completed Orsinium on my old main character, so they were waiting for me in the Crown store without needing to re-do the zone on my current character. If you're looking for them, they are in the Featured section of the store, all the way down at the bottom of the list.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I really dislike this quest. Its the one in the orc area where you visit the 3 clan rulers and help them to get them to come to the King's request.
Spoiler:
The first two were fine but this 3rd one I dont like. Im forced to pick between two rivals as the new clan leader. The male orc seems honest as he gave credit for a giant kill to me instead of saying it was him. And he respected his best friend who was clan leader and never challenged him. BUT that is not orc like and he should have challgened him. Also he is a evil god supporter so im not sure how good he would be for the orcs.
Then you have the female who lied and pretended to be a male to gain entry into the whole thing. But she does seem to care about the clan and she is in support of the good god and the regions new king.

And Im supposed to cheat and give one a shitty weapon so they fail and die...wtf. That is so unlike the honorable orcs to cheat liek that. I first chose the guy but was so unsure of which to choose i abandoned the quest and redid it all to the point Im at the choise of who to give the shit wep to. And now my brain is stuck deciding.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My necro just hit 45 and got a invite to visit The Undaunted and a key for it too. i have no idea what that is as ive never done it. Guess Im off to Google. But wondering if you guys think its worth bothering with.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Now my lvl 11 sorc is STUCK in the imperial city arena area...I cant port anywhere cause it says I cant port fro ma arena area and must use a shrine...well whoop deeee doooo...there eis no shrine i can fine. Seems my sorc is trapped and cant leave and all she can do is die. I HATE THJIS AREA>

I was simply lookinmg for a new area to play in..thisd aint it..i want the fuck out. Guess ill forget her

Ahhhh had to die a few times before it finally put me in the styarting area and iwalked out...pos area.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

IIRC, anything related to the Imperial City is intended for group play, with a side of PVP (which is why you can't just port out of it). Trying to solo it with a low-level character is almost certainly going to end as badly as you describe. :lol:

I've been there a handful of times myself with a level 50 character, and didn't particularly enjoy it. Not everything in the game is meant for solo players, which is as it should be.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I was today years old when I finally discovered that if you equip the Antiquarian's Eye in a quick slot and use it while searching for a dig site, it will show the bearing to the site. For... years... I've been running around in the general area given after scrying until I randomly find the site. :doh: