Informed Delivery by the USPS

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LordMortis

Informed Delivery by the USPS

Post by LordMortis »

...is kinda awesome. My daily mail (of which I still get important stuff almost weekly) can arrive anytime between 08:00 and 19:00 and I have no idea how to tell when or why. So when I'm expecting mail I check the mailbox all day long. I recently signed up for informed delivery and at around 07:00 the USPS send me a scan of all of the mail I am supposed to receive on any given day. Still no guideline to timing, but now I know if I should look to expect stuff and if stuff goes to the wrong house and if that stuff is important.

In a world where I get so much junk email, email about snail mail works for me.
Exodor

Re: Informed Delivery by the USPS

Post by Exodor »

I somehow signed up for this when we moved last summer and it's surprisingly nice. Most of the time it just lets me know beforehand what junk mail is on the way but a few times it's let me know something important is due.

Of course there was the day it told me something important was on the way that didn't show up in the mailbox that day. It arrived the next day but it makes me wary of the whole system.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah I've been signed up for this for years and it's a godsend. Our neighborhood has a centralized mailbox that is either a 20 minute round-trip walk or else I have to drive up there. It's nice to be able to see each day whether it's worth my time or not.
telcta

Post by telcta »

I think I'll give this a try. I'm reading up on it now and the service is available at my address and appears to be free. I can see this being useful before I trek to the mailboxes.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, when we moved years back I think we were automatically enrolled as well. It's great.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

My wife and daughter are both plugged into this. My daughter cares as she belongs to two book clubs and one of them comes via USPS.
Black Lives Matter

Post by Default »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:21 am ...is kinda awesome. My daily mail (of which I still get important stuff almost weekly) can arrive anytime between 08:00 and 19:00 and I have no idea how to tell when or why. So when I'm expecting mail I check the mailbox all day long. I recently signed up for informed delivery and at around 07:00 the USPS send me a scan of all of the mail I am supposed to receive on any given day. Still no guideline to timing, but now I know if I should look to expect stuff and if stuff goes to the wrong house and if that stuff is important.

In a world where I get so much junk email, email about snail mail works for me.
You either have no regular carrier ( in which case, the route gets chopped into pieces and distributed ), or the route is overburdened ( and the carrier gets help everyday).

Informed delivery has an issue in that the mail is scanned in at the plant, before processing and sometimes it doesn't get into the days delivery mail.

Just something to be aware of.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken