Deadpool & Wolverine

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Punisher

Re: Deadpool 3 (2024)

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:09 pm Is this actually tied to the Fox X-Men universe at all? The Logan in that universe never rocked the yellow, as far as I can recall.
I believe it's supposed to be. Perhaps DP coaxes/coerces him to put in on because the fans demanded it. Probably with a nod and wink to the camera with a you're welcome.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Maybe, but that really feels like a different Wolverine. I'm wondering if, perhaps, this is yet another Wolverine pulled from yet another timeline. They can still address the Fox universe without the Fox universe Wolverine.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I think you're right. This is *a* Wolverine. It's not *the* Wolverine. Whether or not that matters, I guess we'll see - and perhaps this version was selected for a very specific reason...
Maybe next year, maybe no go
disarm

Post by disarm »

Anyone else notice the crumbled and half-buried 20th Century Fox logo when Deadpool and Wolverine are facing off around the 34 second mark?

I have no idea where this Wolverine comes from, but there are clearly going to be references to the Fox universe.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Indeed. If you go back to the top of page #2 and look at the first trailer, you'll see the logo at the ~1:36 mark...

EDIT: We should probably change the thread title at this point too since I guess they officially changed the name.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

My bet: Every time Fox complained, Reynolds added another joke … after changing to Yellow Wolverine who is clearly from a different timeline. Fox eventually shuts up because they’ll be making cash and just digging themselves deeper with each note.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
disarm

Post by disarm »

Disney/Marvel has owned Fox for several years now though...not really anything to complain about or reason to be paid. The fact that Disney now owns the Xmen is why we're able to finally have mutants in the MCU.
Blackhawk

Re: Deadpool & Wolverine

Post by Blackhawk »

Also: I generally try not to over-analyze movie trailers for Deadpool. It's impossible to tell what is relevant, what is a throwaway joke, and what is just a reflection of DPs insanity.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

All I ask is that they avoid cheapening the end of Logan. I loved that movie too much for that.
He won. Period.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

hepcat wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:21 pm All I ask is that they avoid cheapening the end of Logan. I loved that movie too much for that.
They've been very clear that this movie doesn't change Logan.
Some Possibilities
1. This Wolverine IS the same ine from the Logan/Fox universe but DP pulls him from way before the Logan movie.
2. Same as 1 but this Wolvie is from a branched timeline.
3. Wolvie is from a completely separate timeline. I think this is less likely though.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I’m not sure if you are thinking timelines….

But to me it’s all three of those that are the same, the moment DP meets this wolverine.

DP goes back in time to the bar fight scenes that first introduced Wolverine. They branch off - to the fight for the future.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Fox Logan went back in time and messed with things once. That could have brought the entire reality to the attention of the TVA.

I don't doubt that this is some variant of the Fox X-Men universe(s), but they already have a convoluted continuity since the prequel series (and don't forget that they had two canon TV series as well.)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

"Fox Logan" is the name I'm going to use at my upcoming Chippendale audition.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hepcat wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:46 pm "Fox Logan" is the name I'm going to use at my upcoming Chippendale audition.
Dont forget your bow tie.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:23 pm
hepcat wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:46 pm "Fox Logan" is the name I'm going to use at my upcoming Chippendale audition.
Dont forget your bow tie.
Just because you can't see it doesn't mean he forgot it...
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

You know hepcat is referring to the name he will use for his penis, right?
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Zarathud wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:49 pm You know hepcat is referring to the name he will use for his penis, right?
You do know that bowties can be for more than the neck, right?
Last edited by Punisher on Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:34 am I’m not sure if you are thinking timelines….

But to me it’s all three of those that are the same, the moment DP meets this wolverine.

DP goes back in time to the bar fight scenes that first introduced Wolverine. They branch off - to the fight for the future.
I don't see them that way exactly.
1. Same logan as movies, dp pulls him bewteen last movie and logan. This becomes a new timeline with this logan but a prime logan continues his timeline. Or at the end the tva wipes logans memory (i mean it's been done begore) then drops him right back where dp picked him up and continues to logan.

2. Same logan as 1 bit he does something different to beanch his prime timeline to logan and becomes a variant. Dp pulls him from this similar but different timeline. This woukd be the cleanest option. You still get the logan wjo experienced the movies but since it was already a branch logan the movie can continue without issues.

3. Logan from a completely different timeline. Does not have any of the experiences from the movies. Except maybe they pull him from 1st Class where he tells the prof and magnetman to F themselves. No movie xp but we still know him a bit.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

FWIW, I'm pretty sure it's not the same bar/scene. Costumes are different, the bar is completely different, and the bartender is different. I thought for a second it was Sister Margaret's from the other DP movies - the windows are right. It still could be if they 'updated' the bar (the piece of furniture, not the building) somewhere over the years.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yeah, I reckon it's Number 3.

He goes back to a 'fresh' timeline (not ours) and grabs another wolverine.

From that point forward, it's technically it's own timeline.

I guess my point of all 3 of them being the same is just that he sorta could just go back to 'our timeline' and grab 'our wolverine' - and it would then all become a new timeline - and no longer 'our wolverine'
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Punisher wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:10 am
Zarathud wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:49 pm You know hepcat is referring to the name he will use for his penis, right?
And that was the last anyone heard from Punisher as shortly after this post, he was arrested in a Piggly Wiggly for "inappropriate neckwear placement" and sentenced to 12 years hard labor in a penal colony in Australia by a 19th century judge who had been frozen in ice in 1851 and thawed out in the 21st century before being made a judge again.
He won. Period.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

heh. penal
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:10 am I’m a little concerned about how much of this I won’t understand because I haven’t bothered to watch the bazillion TV shows and other assorted Marvel movies. I’ve mostly just paid attention to the main Avengers movies.
As an official follow-up, no homework is needed:

“I very much made this film with, certainly, a healthy respect and gratitude towards the rabid fan base that has peak fluency in the mythology and lore of these characters and this world,” he told the Associated Press. “But I didn’t want to presume that. This movie is built for entertainment, with no obligation to come prepared with prior research.”
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

hepcat wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:32 am
Punisher wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:10 am
And that was the last anyone heard from Punisher as shortly after this post, he was arrested in a Piggly Wiggly for "inappropriate neckwear placement" and sentenced to 12 years hard labor in a penal colony in Australia by a 19th century judge who had been frozen in ice in 1851 and thawed out in the 21st century before being made a judge again.
Is it just a coincidence that I've been to a Piggly Wiggly several times? You decide.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh, we’ve ALL seen the security cam footage.
He won. Period.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

hepcat wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:08 pm Oh, we’ve ALL seen the security cam footage.
Hmm. I was told it was sealed footage and may god have mercy on my soul.
Guess they lied to me. If you cant even trust a piggly wiggly now this country rwally has fallen.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

He said penal.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 pm He said penal.
Oh, grow up!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Shut up, Butthead.