Destiny 1 & 2 ...gameplay and story..thoughts from you

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Destiny 1 & 2 ...gameplay and story..thoughts from you

Post by Daehawk »

Does anyone play these or did play both a while? Im wondering your opinions on whuch was better and why.

I played the first one a good while. I loved playing solo the most but would dabble in pvp a bit too. I enjoyed it. Didn't think it was great but I did have more fun with it than 2. With 2 I got it new before they , to me, made changes that ruined it. I was just getting into it when they totally redid it and removed any story from it..and that was the part I liked. Since that change ive tried 3 times to get back into it to no avail.

Im wondering your thoughts on it if I should keep trying or simply go back and start pt 1 over and have some old fun. Unless they ruined it too somehow.

Which game did you like better?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Re: Destiny 1 & 2 ...gameplay and story..thoughts from you

Post by Blackhawk »

All I can say is that I've heard nothing but neutral-to-bad things from my son who's put in many, many hours. They apparently have a habit of not testing patches, leading to absurd problems and bugs, which they fix in the next patch, which creates a different absurd bug.

One bug allowed you to run raids with double the number of players on your team.

Another example I was just given: A gun that shoots a bunch of tiny mines at enemies. Walk up and shoot it at an ally and cover them in mines.

They are now bulletproof.

This same weapon also allowed you use infinite abilities.

This same weapon also allowed you to drop the framerate for everyone in the game by so much that slower systems would crash.

They responded by disabling the weapon.

The weapon then re-enabled itself. :shock:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

One ability makes you dive forward. Using a sword makes you lunge forward. Combine the two with the right timing, and you fly. It's how players skip large chunks of content, and they've been trying to fix the bug for years:

Here's an entire dungeon run:

A certain class has a throwing hammer. It's a low-damage thing. Take the right skill, build up a few buffs with regular melee kills, walk up to a six-man raid boss, get close enough to clip into his leg, throw the hammer once, boss dies.

Also: The higher your framerate, the more damage you take. Tanks used to set their FPS extremely low to become almost unkillable.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:58 pm
The weapon then re-enabled itself. :shock:
Skynet has awakened.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I never played Destiny, but I played Destiny 2 on PC heavily with and without a close online friend for the end of Witch Queen and the beginning of Lightfall.

It's such an incredibly gorgeous game, and has so incredibly much content--but not nearly as much as it may seem. It's the epitome of a modern multiplayer, season-based, live service game. Destiny 2 is a job. And you'll never experience all or even most of it without a moderately organized guild. That doesn't mean the game is impossible to get into, but it's most rewarding to go all the way, and it really helps to be playing with some other people you know who are of a similar commitment level.

Destiny 2's the kind of game I occasionally look into when I'm deliberately seeking something mammoth to take over my life. But a lot depends on the expansion cycle, and the next major one is coming out in June, and is meant to be the end of this phase of the game. But I pretty much stopped playing completely last year, so I'm 100% out of the loop. But Destiny 2 is very much the WoW of MMOFPSs. A beautiful monster.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I like both games, but good lord is it confusing. As Sudy says, it’s just…mammoth. I get lost the moment I try to get back into it. There’s so much.
He won. Period.