Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Max Peck

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by Max Peck »

Kraken wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:25 am I don't generally like the wrap music, but I'll bet I'd like that one if it had captions. I can only make out every third word or so.
It ain't pretty, but...

"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

:lol: Better, thanks
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Before they blurred the nameplates, it was US (guy 1) vs UK (Guy 2, glasses).
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Max Peck wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 7:24 am
Kraken wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 2:25 am I don't generally like the wrap music, but I'll bet I'd like that one if it had captions. I can only make out every third word or so.
It ain't pretty, but...

Modern version of Hamiltons cabinet rap Battles
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This plainly says it all

Also

Oh Oh! I found another good one. Since you told me how to clear my cache of that stupid shit Im now getting the good stuff. Love the guy at the end debating the idiot

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Why is it I can sit in my bedroom and know all the truths and have the real information. I dont even get out anywhere. And I can plainly see the lies and the shit these idiots eat up and regurgitate out. Pathetic brain power.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Nobody is, and it's hard work looking past the propaganda and staying informed. Hard. Work.

No wonder many don't bother, especially if the propaganda is favourable to your point of view.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:15 am Nobody is, and it's hard work looking past the propaganda and staying informed. Hard. Work.

No wonder many don't bother, especially if the propaganda is favourable to your point of view.
I have an uncle who insists that a local school has cat litter in the bathrooms for kids who think they're cats. I've directly debunked it to his face multiple times and yet he still believes it. A lot of people fall into the confirmation bias hole and can't get out. My uncle isn't a dumb person either, he just refuses to challenge his beliefs.
FTE
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Scraper wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:51 am
GreenGoo wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:15 am Nobody is, and it's hard work looking past the propaganda and staying informed. Hard. Work.

I have an uncle who insists that a local school has cat litter in the bathrooms for kids who think they're cats. I've directly debunked it to his face multiple times and yet he still believes it. A lot of people fall into the confirmation bias hole and can't get out. My uncle isn't a dumb person either, he just refuses to challenge his beliefs.
Bah, everyone knows they use sawdust.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

What is the confirmation bias in this case? He wants to believe kids identify as cats?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Alefroth wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:15 pm

What is the confirmation bias in this case? He wants to believe kids identify as cats?
He wants to believe that schools are so off the rails they let kids shit in litter boxes in the name of inclusion.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:16 pm
Alefroth wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:15 pm

He wants to believe that schools are so off the rails they let kids shit in litter boxes in the name of inclusion.
Yes this, more specifically it's a dig at trans kids, because if we allow trans kids to use the bathroom of their identity then why not let kids shit in a litter box. What irritates me the most at his line of thinking on the issue is that his own son is openly gay and my uncle accepts him and his boyfriend, but for some reason a trans person is too much for him and he kicks down at trans people.
FTE
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Yep, if your slippery slope fallacy suddenly becomes true you look less silly.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Scraper wrote:My uncle isn't a dumb person either, he just refuses to challenge his beliefs.
One of the smartest guys I know is a MAGA anti-vaxxer. Smart people are the worst, as they have the intellect to come up with creative ways to justify their beliefs in the face of contradictory evidence.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

I don’t understand it it’s totally out of control in so many people nowadays - is it a loss of critical thinking? Even when the evidence is right before them. Is it cognitive dissonance, narcissism … entitlement.

How can these people see five fingers when there obviously is four? (1984 reference.)

How did we get from Liz Cheney and John Bolton who had extreme positions but had positions based on reality - to this? Was it the Iraq war lie?
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Scraper wrote:What irritates me the most at his line of thinking on the issue is that his own son is openly gay and my uncle accepts him and his boyfriend, but for some reason a trans person is too much for him and he kicks down at trans people.
What irritates me is my dad is always digging at trans people even though they don't impact his life in any way, shape, or form. He doesn't know any trans people, his kids are already grown, there is no aspect of his life in which a trans person is going to have any meaningful, or even cursory, interaction.

Yet he gets so upset about trans people in sports, when to my knowledge the man has never watched a sporting event in his life, on TV or otherwise.

I can't imagine the mindset that makes your blood pressure boil reading about a demographic of people you literally have zero interaction with. To me it would be like suddenly getting outraged because I found out Finnish beekeepers wore pink crocs.

I guess it all just comes down to fear. People fear what they don't understand, and hate is often an easy substitute for fear. It's easier to just hate something and dismiss it than to try to deal with your fear of it.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Some of it is fear, yes. But there's also a subset (in my experience) that think/believe that "others" are getting an advantage at something (sports, life, work) that they themselves don't believe they had. They're framing it in the idea of "fairness" without ever acknowledging all the advantages they likely had.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Victoria Raverna

Maybe he had a bad experience with trans? Had a crush on a pretty girl that turned out to be a trans?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Back in the better old days...tv could say a lot by only saying what was blatantly obvious and right.

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I wish they had the whole Happy Days series available for streaming.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I'd love to see All in the Family again, if it's streaming on a service I already pay for. Haven't seen it since it originally aired.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Al Bundy himself rips Trump a new one

stessier

Post by stessier »

Kraken wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:06 am I'd love to see All in the Family again, if it's streaming on a service I already pay for. Haven't seen it since it originally aired.
It appears to be streaming on Freevee.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Daehawk wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:31 am Al Bundy himself rips Trump a new one
Watched until they started playing clips of trump speaking, then quit in disgust. I really can't stand the sight or sound of that man. Maybe Al Bundy can convert a few voters from the dark side.
Holman

Post by Holman »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:53 pm How did we get from Liz Cheney and John Bolton who had extreme positions but had positions based on reality - to this? Was it the Iraq war lie?
John Bolton and Liz Cheney's dad were both absolutely instrumental to the Iraq War lie.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

waitingtoconnect wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:53 pm I don’t understand it it’s totally out of control in so many people nowadays - is it a loss of critical thinking? Even when the evidence is right before them. Is it cognitive dissonance, narcissism … entitlement.

How can these people see five fingers when there obviously is four? (1984 reference.)

How did we get from Liz Cheney and John Bolton who had extreme positions but had positions based on reality - to this? Was it the Iraq war lie?
Inertia and feature creep.

You choose to accept a few feel-good small lies. They're only a slight deviation from reality, and they make you feel better. Once you get used to those lies, it's easy to believe the medium lies. Not only have you allowed that kind of thinking in, but when you're standing at small lies, medium lies are only a slight deviation from where you're at. Besides, to deny the medium lies would require a change in thinking that would require you to reexamine the small feel-good lies, and that makes you feel bad.

Then, when you're standing at medium lies...

Eventually you just go with the flow and accept it all.

That's why it's so important to avoid even the small lies from gaining a foothold.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lots could be said of the people in this video but its better that you dont give them the time of day.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm also not interested in videos that serve only to insult the side I don't agree with. Biased is biased.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Maybe this video is better suited for you...

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump Gets MERCILESSLY BOOED by Libertarians when he tries to take over the Libertarian Convention in Washington DC with his MAGA supporters at the Libertarian's own convention.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Heres another one of those videos. I cant stop laughing at it. omg.

Victoria Raverna

A more neutral and respected source:

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I’m not outraged, as much as the epically annoying ‘conductor’ in the second vid wanted me to be.

Who and why did they invite him? Publicity? Money?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 10:08 am Who and why did they invite him? Publicity? Money?
I haven't watched but they also invited Biden who didn't respond to the invitation but rather did what you do on Memorial weekend, spend time with the military. In the bit I saw TFG claimed after so much harassment by the federal gov't that he is now libertarian. Invitations, I assume are an appeal to legitimacy. Given how the libertarians had been co-opted by the Tea Party Conservatives that gave life TFG, I'm surprised (as I bet he was) that he'd be rejected.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Libertarians typically pull up to 3% of the vote, which is enough to swing some states. So I'm glad they aren't in the bag for trump. They aren't Biden fans, either, so they'll most likely support their own spoiler candidate and only leak trump/Biden votes around the edges, stealing from both major parties about equally.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just love seeing tRump get toasted. Doesn't matter who does it.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That weird rare time when your religious and D&D knowledge actually help you understand something.

Maybe next year, maybe no go