Indian mascots thread closure.

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

ChrisGwinn

Post by ChrisGwinn »

jblank wrote:
ChrisGwinn wrote:
jblank wrote:So if person A and person B are having a disagreement and I come in and make a smart ass comment about person B, thats ok? Maybe its because I was raised that we dont stick our noses into things that dont concern us, but when two people are discussing a problem, I dont think its appropriate, or helpful, for someone to come in and add fuel to the fire.
The forum is public. Any conversation occuring in it is, by definition, not a private conversation. The whole idea that someone joining a conversation constitutes "stick[ing] our noses into things that don't concern us" is contrary to having a good discussion. If you want to talk with someone privately, there's any number of ways to do so.
Forgive me for disagreeing here, but saying "welcome to my hell", in an effort to throw some sort of backhanded insult my way, is hardly joining to have a "good discussion". Come on now, lets not bend completely over backwards in the support of ND.
This isn't about ND. Goodness knows, I've had my share of run-ins with him as well. And I haven't said that you were having a good discussion in that thread or that ND was contributing to it.

I disagree with two things you've said: that you're everybody's punching bag / only a vicitim, and that involving yourself in a thread is somehow sticking your nose in someone else's business. Please don't assign other beliefs to me.
gellar

Post by gellar »

Rincewind wrote:
gellar wrote:I think everyone in here just needs to hug this shit out, bitches.

gellar
I absolutely love that phrase you guys came up with. Fucking solid.
I wish I could take credit for it. It's one of Jeremy Piven's character's lines in Entourage, possibly the best comedy on television right now. If you have not seen it, I highly recommend it.
Brinstil wrote:
gellar wrote:I think everyone in here just needs to hug this shit out, bitches.

gellar
OMFG. You are the gayest thing since gay came to gay town!

:shock:
You need to get with the times. No one is allowed into my apartment unless they understand what LHIOB is.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Thanks for the thorough (as always) explanation, Meal.
Jeff Jones

Post by Jeff Jones »

jblank wrote:
The Mad Hatter wrote:I don't know about cliques, but I think it's pretty clear that ND was looking for a rise out of jblank. ND seemed to agree with the substance of jblank's point in that thread, but wanted to take a personal shot at him due to past issues. J can be a little...excitable, but he's also taken it on the jaw many times since he went from GOP to Democrat last year. That really seemed to offend some people.
Do ya think, lol? Actually I wasnt a "GOP" member, much more Libertarian in my beliefs, but it is true, certain people have seemed to be more hostile to me since my party switch.
You switched parties to Dem? :shock: (obviously, I don't read R&P)

Man, that's cool. Congrats, and welcome to the correct side! :)
magic

Post by magic »

why not just delete/edit out the problem posts (or parts of problem posts) and keep the body of the conversation going. That way, it doesn't kill the discussion in place.

Seems a more logical way to do things rather than have two people fuck things up for everyone involved.

And i'm sure it'd save neal time from having to write a book every time a post is closed. It'd probably be quicker for everyone that way...
deadzone

Post by deadzone »

he fact that you can sit there and say I need therapy, based off my typing of words on an Internet forum, is almost as crazy as Bill Frist giving that Schiavo woman what amounted to a clean Bill of Health on the Senate floor. You dont know me, my background, my hobbies and interests, nothing, you only know that I get pissed off when people insult me and that probably applies to about 85% of the population. If I need therapy for being mad when someone insults me, then about 220 million other people need to come with me.
It's a forum, not real life. You give numerous examples of taking things way too seriously. Do you really think people are SPECIFICALLY singling you out and pressing your buttons to get a rise out of you? I think that you have a pretty active imagination and a rather large ego if you truly believe that. The perceived singling out is nothing more than several emotional posting outbursts by you because of certain posts that you perceive to be direct and planned out attacks against you.

In other words, it's all in your head and you are taking forums way too seriously. An insult on an internet forum is nothing. An insult in real life is a different matter completely.

Hey you shouldn't feel bad though, it's hard to interpret forum posts since you don't get all of the feedback that you would in a face to face conversation. Heck, I had an outburst with you at GG if I remember correctly and since then I have come to realize that my biggest problem was that I took the forums way too seriously. So maybe relax a little and come to grips with the fact that this is just a non-reality and not worth the time and effort it takes to be angry.
yossar

Post by yossar »

deadzone wrote:It's a forum, not real life. You give numerous examples of taking things way too seriously. Do you really think people are SPECIFICALLY singling you out and pressing your buttons to get a rise out of you?
I know that's my sole purpose here.