Alexander the Crappy

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I actually saw it too. WAY too long at 3 hours and only two battle scenes for all that. Val Kilmer was decent as King Philip, but I actually got sick of looking at Angelina Jolie.

For all the talk of greatness, they played Alexander as a whiney, paranoid momma's boy who got lucky by beating up on inferior armies. I didn't know it was Stone until the closing credits. A major missed opportunity.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
SuperHiro

Post by SuperHiro »

I saw it this weekend. It wasn't that bad. I just can't bring up any bile for it. I thought the character costumes for Alexander were terrible... but otherwise I kinda... liked it. The wife read some books on Alexander and said that Oliver Stone was probably modeling his script on one particular book.

Not bad. My problem with the gay stuff wasn't the fact that it was gay... it was gay enough. Ultimately, all you got was some longing looks and man-style hugging. Oh and you see some ass. And because that's pretty much all you go on, when Leto dies and Farell goes buck nutty it just feels weird. You don't get the impression that they were lovers, but that they were really really really really really good friends. L-A-M-E-A-S-S. Either put it in all the way or don't use it at all. But in terms of homosexual innuendo, it was pretty good. Come on, put some freakin' kissing in there AT LEAST.

And the rumble in the jungle was really good. Those beginning few minutes where the troops can only hear the elephants and hear their steps was good. And the troops overall did a good job, looked tired, worn out, and wanted to go home.

My judgement: Collin Farrel wasn't that bad, he could have done a lot better but I think most of that was due to his goofy mullet and costumes.

So final movie judgement: Better than AvP and Van Helsing. A good movie despite Collin Farrel.
WPD

Post by WPD »

That movie was 3 hours too long.