Civil War Bull Run due in January 2005 and cheap

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

em2nought

Civil War Bull Run due in January 2005 and cheap

Post by em2nought »

"Take Command 1861" has been renamed to "Civil War Bull Run", picked up a major publisher, and is due for US release in January 2005 in stores http://www.madminutegames.com

Maybe that email to History Channel mentioning that they should put their brand on some decent games helped. Think I did that, know I was thinking about it. :D Off to tell NBC about my boycott of their channel due to their promoting someone that cheated and stuck some poor working sap with her worthless stocks. :wink:
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Interesting. I'm not a real grognard and haven't played a CW game since Civil War Generals 2, which I thought achieved a good balance between hardcore detail and simple accessibility. It eventually sold about a bazillion copies, but only after the price dropped to around $10.

I'm curious who Publisher X will turn out to be. Wargames are a niche within strategy, and CW is a niche within wargames. Europe is the biggest strategy game market, and the Europeans aren't real big on the US CW. So CW games always have an uphill road to profitability. "This "Publisher Currently Known As X" likes to do volume over price." I don't know what kind of volume they're looking for...it looks like MadMinute is a very small, low-cost outfit -- basically just two guys -- who will thrive on a tiny sell-through. The endorsement of Entity X could give them a great success.

I want to hear more about this when it ships. If it's accessible, I might give it a whirl. I'm overdue for a good wargame, and I love these independent "garage" games.
em2nought

WAG

Post by em2nought »

I'm guessing Activision Value and History Channel. :D
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

Ironrod wrote:Interesting. I'm not a real grognard and haven't played a CW game since Civil War Generals 2, which I thought achieved a good balance between hardcore detail and simple accessibility. It eventually sold about a bazillion copies, but only after the price dropped to around $10.

I'm curious who Publisher X will turn out to be. Wargames are a niche within strategy, and CW is a niche within wargames. Europe is the biggest strategy game market, and the Europeans aren't real big on the US CW. So CW games always have an uphill road to profitability. "This "Publisher Currently Known As X" likes to do volume over price." I don't know what kind of volume they're looking for...it looks like MadMinute is a very small, low-cost outfit -- basically just two guys -- who will thrive on a tiny sell-through. The endorsement of Entity X could give them a great success.

I want to hear more about this when it ships. If it's accessible, I might give it a whirl. I'm overdue for a good wargame, and I love these independent "garage" games.
Publisher X is actually... you guessed it, Eduardo X!
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

According to Ebgames the publisher is Activision Value and sells for $19.99.Due to ship 1/11/05.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
em2nought

preorder

Post by em2nought »