Unreal Tournament XMP

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

CeeKay

Unreal Tournament XMP

Post by CeeKay »

For those of you who never got Unreal 2 or got rid of it before they released the multiplayer expansion (like me), they have just released Unreal Tournament 2004 XMP. It's beta 1.0 but it looks pretty well polished. The bots don't work very well yet but hopefully people will pick up on it for online gaming goodness!
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
docvego

Post by docvego »

I *really* enjoyed Unreal 2 XMP. I'll try to download this tonight and give it a shot.

The only sad thing with UT 2004, is even though there are TONs of Awesome mods for it, there only seem to be like 5 people at any time playing them. Hopefully XMP won't fall into that category.
knob

Post by knob »

docvego wrote:I *really* enjoyed Unreal 2 XMP. I'll try to download this tonight and give it a shot.

The only sad thing with UT 2004, is even though there are TONs of Awesome mods for it, there only seem to be like 5 people at any time playing them. Hopefully XMP won't fall into that category.

What game are you playing? Only 5 people playing? You must have some crazy filters on, because I always see tons of people playing.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
docvego

Post by docvego »

Some of the mods like 'Air Buccaneers' (sp?) "Dawn of Destiny' (Star Wars Mod), and Even Red Orchestra always seem to have only a handfull of people playing. Usually only one or two servers have more than 1 or 2 players in them. As far as filters, I just block full and empty servers usually.

The UT XMP has some bugs, but it's still a lot of fun. However, at UT XMP's current state, U2 XMP plays much better. Also, with Copies of Unreal 2 selling for next to nothing, U2 XMP is still worth checking out.

Any other OOers interested in getting together for some U2 XMP or UT XMP Action?
knob

Post by knob »

It was late, I misread what you said. I thought you were talking about UT2k4 being unpopulated.

Yeah, RO, my favorite mod, is pretty unpopulated, even after winning 3 of the 3 MSU phases they entered.
If I had a sig, would you read it?
docvego

Post by docvego »

Speaking of Not seeing a lot of UT XMP Servers, one of the Beta Testers for the Mod has a good post up on the UT XMP forums about how to see more servers.

You should be seeing @40 or more server on the server browser.

IF you're only seeing @5-20 servers: Click on the Filters button in the server browser and uncheck the default filter checkbox. Click on OK then click on Refresh. You should have alot more servers visible now.