Beyond Good and Evil crash

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Effidian

Beyond Good and Evil crash

Post by Effidian »

I'm just about done with the above title, and it is crashing to the desktop in a cut scene. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to skip the scene (or any scene for that matter). It is crashing right when it is trying to display a photo that I took. I have similar problems when trying to view some (but not all) photo albums, however, that never stopped me from playing so I didn't try to figure it out.

I've tried reducing all display details, turning off sound, etc, but nothing is working. Anyone have any idea what might be going on or how to get around it? I have a feeling it is a video problem. I've got a GeForce 5900 FX and have the latest drivers. It has blue screened a half dozen times during game play, and it was always related to the video drivers. However, those all just required me to restart and then I was able to continue.

I'm playing this using the Yahoo! Games on Demand service, so I can't actually tell if it is patched or not or if I'm able to patch it. I've got a request into them to see what the scoop is on patching.

Thanks in advance for any ideas...
Effidian

Post by Effidian »

On the official forums I finally realized that normal search doesn't work and found a couple cases that are the same as mine. No resolution.

Ah well...
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

a lot of console ports (and even cross-platform titles) really don't get great tech support, i've found out... nor is there much you can do about it.