BFG Geforce 6800 ULTRA OC $473 shipped at Dell

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

gorham09

BFG Geforce 6800 ULTRA OC $473 shipped at Dell

Post by gorham09 »

This is a pricey deal, but a deal nonetheless. Dell has this card for $503 right now. There is also a $30 off coupon (not sure how long it will be active) Code: L704J?P9SNKCD1 This brings the price down to $473 plus free shipping.

Dell Link

Newegg is selling the same card for $545.

Caveat, some people are concerned that this may be the watercooled version, while others have reported getting the air-cooled model- so YMMV in that respect.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

My kind of card, no doubt.
But gee, I spent only $735 in total building my latest rig, so that card would likely overpower my lowly AMD 2600+ ... Or would it? Would a card like that just go to waste in my system? If not...I am currently in the market for a better card...
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
knob

Post by knob »

I don't think I'm very willing to order from Dell

420 reviews of Dell's store

417 Reviews
If I had a sig, would you read it?
gorham09

Post by gorham09 »

They pulled the deal a while back anyway. With the DellElf game promotion that they have running, you could get the card as low as $410 and avoid sales tax. :P When I posted this the price had already gone up. However, $410 for an overclocked ultra shipped with no tax was an awesome deal at the time IMHO.

It was the air cooled version, by the way.

Personally, I have had one horrific experience with Dell, but that was deal related. I would imagine that such a large company is bound to have poor ratings since most people who have positive experiences aren't going to post about them unless there is something unusual about the expereience.

Giles- in answer to your question, I would think that right now you would get more bang for your buck in purchasing a 6800GT on sale or even a 6800 or 6600. This deal is no longer available and I do not think that $500 is worth it, when you can get a 6800GT for $350 or less or a 6600 for around $215.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

gorham09 wrote:
Giles- in answer to your question, I would think that right now you would get more bang for your buck in purchasing a 6800GT on sale or even a 6800 or 6600. This deal is no longer available and I do not think that $500 is worth it, when you can get a 6800GT for $350 or less or a 6600 for around $215.
Thanks Gorham.
A few years ago I used to be able to keep up with all this nonsense, but lately both of the 'big two' video chip brands have thoroughly succeeded in confusing the living hell out of me.

To the point where I'm beginning to make my decisions based on 'dollar cost is equal to quality of card' -- a mistake I know, but it's the only constant I can relate to.

Thus, your advice is helpful.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd