2024 Fundraising - $1102 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Systemworks 2004?

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Jeff V

Systemworks 2004?

Post by Jeff V »

The past few years, I've been buying the previous year's version of Norton Systemworks for dirt cheap right about now (often, like $10). I've not seen anyone shoveling out the old this year, and the prices I've seen are about the same as they are for Systemworks 2005 ($60). Has anyone seen a clearance of the older version anywhere? The past 2 years, I got it from GoGamer, but they don't seem to have it at all this time around. My antivirus turns into a pumpkin in a few days, so I need to do something fast.
Kestrel

Post by Kestrel »

Got the 2005 version about 3 weeks ago at Staples - bundled with norton personal firewall. $70 -$40 mail in rebate - $30 upgrader rebate = $0 (but paid about $5 for taxes and stamps.)

They might offer it again - seems like they had it for free after rebate several times last year.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

What do you need for the upgrade rebate? I lost my disk from 2003.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Just the manual front cover or the CD, I think.

I got a similar deal at CompUSA, Systemworks and AntiSpam (not that I need it, I got Popfile) for free after rebate.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Thanks. I'll be near CompUSA this weekend, I'll see if the deal is still available. I probably have my old manual somewhere..
Kestrel

Post by Kestrel »

That's what I send in - the cover from the manual. It says send the "title page", but I send the cover too. Seems they don't know the difference.

ps- you can upgrade from McAfee or other competing products, too.