2024 Fundraising - $1001 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Lars Lynching Liasons 4: Game has ended

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

setaside

Post by setaside »

Nameless wrote:
setaside wrote: Yep. And I'm more than willing to prove it.
Well, then, feel free to do so. I must admit to some curiosity as to how you'll accomplish this.
At the gallows.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

It'll certainly suck if it does turn out that pr0ner is the last wolf. That'd be a nice play by Tru1cy as the sorceror. But I think that's too unlikely. As far as I know, all the dead but Tru1cy are accounted for, and we haven't seen a seer. So unless we've got one who's kept himself under wrap this entire time, I have to believe that Tru1cy was our seer.

As said, that leaves five. I know that I'm innocent. From looking over what people have said in the past few days, I believe that Chaosraven is innocent, and most likely MrBubbles as well. That leaves setaside and Ralph-Wiggum. Who are also the two I decided would be most likely based on my analysis of ChrisGrenard's likely actions.

So, as I've said, I'm certain it's one of the two. As it happens, we've got two chances left, barring the wolf offing the cursed player. I find this to be a happy coincidence. But obviously I'd like to get the actual guilty one as soon as possible.

So yes, setaside and Ralph-Wiggum, if there's anything you can do to prove you are, in fact, Villagers, then now's the time.

And again, I'd suggest that we refrain from actual voting until everyone's had their say. I'm particularly curious as to what Chaosraven has to offer at this point.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

And, for the sake of getting everyone's word out there:

MrBubbles and pr0ner: were the two of you also given the role of Villager?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Other than lynching me, I'm not sure how I could definitevly prove to everyone else that I'm a villager. I think, however, that if you look back at my voting and my posts in general, you will see that at each step I've acted in what I thought was best interests of the village (though obviously not what always was - the lynching of Zurai and Kraegor in particular (I still think Bakhtosh was the sorcerer)). I have tried to be upfront with my opinions and I have tried to state my reasons for voting for a particular person. I understand that none of that can prove myself one way or the other, but it's all I've got. Unfortunately for us, it's pretty much a guessing game from here on out.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I have definitely claimed the role of villager and the only thing I can say in my defense is... I'm pretty sure Chris picked me to increase his chances of fooling everyone. I'm an easy lynch target and there was a close possibility of me being lynched. If I would have then Chris certainly would have picked up a decent amount of credibility. I think he was gunning for this to begin with. Its all circumstantial evidence I know, but to me it makes sense. I'm labeled suspicious before I even open my mouth. He wanted me lynched to "prove" he was the seer. Good thing it didn't work.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Yes, I was given the role of villager. My 100% guarantee and being cleared by tru1cy is enough for that.
Hodor.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Well, to get this game going again and since no one has chosen to argue any of my points, I'm going to go ahead and vote for Nameless. My vote is still malleable, however; if anyone wants to present evidence for or against any particular person I'm willing to listen.

edit: Oh nos! Spelling be important!
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

I'd like to ask you to hold off your votes for a while, at least. Until you've heard Chaosraven's reactions here. I have reason to think they may be somewhat useful.

Let me just say this:

All four of you have said you are villagers. By all likelihood, we have a wolf and a sorceror left. So: two of you are wrong. Two of you are lying.

As a point of clarity, let me say this: I was NOT assigned the role of Villager. And I am not the wolf, nor the sorceror. I'm taking somewhat of a leap of faith here, hoping two of you will know what I mean. I'm fairly certain Chaosraven will. So at least until you've worked through it, I suggest you avoid rushing me to the gallows.

Because if you hang me, then you're left with only one more chance.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Ok, withdraw Nameless until I figure out what's going on.

edit: It didn't take long to figure it out. But on Nameless' request, I'll edit it.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

But possibly rather important semantics. Any chance I can convince you to edit that line out?
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Nameless wrote:But possibly rather important semantics. Any chance I can convince you to edit that line out?
And have Chaos of accuse me of being sneaky? Sure, why not. But I'm taking out the smilies too, damn it! :wink:
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
And have Chaos of accuse me of being sneaky? Sure, why not. But I'm taking out the smilies too, damn it! :wink:
Sneakiness might be our salvation at this point. I'm just hoping I didn't give too much away to the wrong people. On the other hand, if pr0ner is the sorceror, as Chaosraven seems to believe, I couldn't give him the chance to string me up. We're too close here to make mistakes.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Nameless wrote:As a point of clarity, let me say this: I was NOT assigned the role of Villager. And I am not the wolf, nor the sorceror. I'm taking somewhat of a leap of faith here, hoping two of you will know what I mean. I'm fairly certain Chaosraven will. So at least until you've worked through it, I suggest you avoid rushing me to the gallows.
Interesting.

Withdraw Nameless.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Nameless wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Sneakiness might be our salvation at this point. I'm just hoping I didn't give too much away to the wrong people. On the other hand, if pr0ner is the sorceror, as Chaosraven seems to believe, I couldn't give him the chance to string me up. We're too close here to make mistakes.
:shock:

I promise I'm not the sorcerer.

This post makes me ever more suspicious of Chaosraven, actually.
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

If I were to order my suspicions of everyone, right now it's Chaosraven, then Ralph-Wiggum, then setaside and Mr. Bubbles tied, then Nameless.
Hodor.
setaside

Post by setaside »

I would honestly only be slightly surprised to find out that Chaos was our last wolf.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I put 99% faith in Cesare as the Priest based on the potential for deception.

I put 99.9999999% faith in Kelric as the living Mason after the first night.

I put roughly 80% faith in tru1cy as the Seer based on the available dead based on my belief in Cesare.

The levels of % get closer and closer to 100 because of the number of dead wolves...

So I must believe tru1cy that pr0ner scanned as Villager.

Nameless has many times been MIA and when he returns has Good Guy Oriented Posts. Too clean?

Coming forth as he has could be dangerous since there are at least a few of us that would view that as an attempt to join in with us.

There are only 2 roles left, both bad guys...

How many of you may think that Nameless has been flying too low?
Trying too hard to be a Good Guy?

Perhaps pr0ner has just been misguided and Nameless is actually one of the two remaining bad guys?

Cuz he sure as hell ain't no "Villager"... I am pretty sure he's part of the "In-Crowd"...

Without actually bolding votes, how many of you would be willing to roll the dice on our latest addition to the suspicious club?

Ralph? Bubbles?
pr0ner? setaside?

Nameless, I wonder if you would be so noble as to prove your Status and Role on the Gallows as setaside?

I am watching you... I will need to review the few posts you have made very closely
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

I appreciate the irony here, Chaosraven. It would appear that your thinking about me is pretty much identical to my thinking about you. Please read my last few posts here in detail, and I think you should be able to tell what I am. Which I only recently realized was the point you were trying to make earlier. Of course, as you can see by the past few responses here, it's apparently harder to pick up on than I thought.

Personally, I have no great desire to prove myself on the gallows. Mainly because that would mean an almost certain loss for the village.

One other thing: you seem fairly convinced that pr0ner is the sorceror, and I'm not so sure. What's the basis of your certainty here?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

If you don't think pr0ner is the sorcerer and you are not a "Villager"...
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Once again, PLEASE no bolded votes, this is a delicate discussion.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Nameless wrote:It'll certainly suck if it does turn out that pr0ner is the last wolf. That'd be a nice play by Tru1cy as the sorceror. But I think that's too unlikely. As far as I know, all the dead but Tru1cy are accounted for, and we haven't seen a seer. So unless we've got one who's kept himself under wrap this entire time, I have to believe that Tru1cy was our seer.
What do you guy think?

tru1cy sorcerer and Nameless wolf?

please don't bold your opinions, votes, etc.

I think I have a few theories on this aspect...

Ralph-W? Mr B?
pr0ner, setaside?
"Where are you off to?"

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Considering that, as far as I understand the rules, tru1cy and Grenard wouldn't be able to communicate their knowledge or plans (at least not by PMs), I think the chances that tru1cy was actually the sorcerer are pretty close to nill.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Chaosraven wrote:If you don't think pr0ner is the sorcerer and you are not a "Villager"...

I'm just saying that I don't know he's the sorceror, and I'm curious as to why you're so sure.

Anyway, I'll be out for a few hours. Try not to kill me while I'm gone.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I understand that my ravings and rantings are perhaps confusing the Villagers. For this I am very sorry but it does have a very specific purpose in mind.

I know a couple of you are willing to vote for me. I hope a couple of you aren't.

I want to test the waters on who we *might* vote for.

Nameless has been trying to play the same bizarre card that got a few other people killed thus far and I'm wondering if nobody else sees it?
"Where are you off to?"

setaside

Post by setaside »

Chaosraven wrote:Nameless has been trying to play the same bizarre card that got a few other people killed thus far and I'm wondering if nobody else sees it?
Dude, I'm fucking dense. I don't typically see shit.

Fuck it. Nameless, we're far enough along that I think you need to tell us what you know.

There's 1 wolf left, you laying your cards on the table helps everybody. No more secrets.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

setaside wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Nameless has been trying to play the same bizarre card that got a few other people killed thus far and I'm wondering if nobody else sees it?
Dude, I'm fucking dense. I don't typically see shit.

Fuck it. Nameless, we're far enough along that I think you need to tell us what you know.

There's 1 wolf left, you laying your cards on the table helps everybody. No more secrets.

What you don't see is exactly the point...

You saw dissension among the guys who know that the correct answer is NOT in Fact "Villager".

Which at least Four of us should find very Interesting...
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Chaosraven wrote:First Day: LynchMortis (WOLF)

SirReal - Zurai, Nameless, Lassr, LordMortis
LordMortis - Nameless, Bakhtosh, pr0ner, Kelric, Lassr, Cesare, Mr Bubbles, SirReal
ChrisGrenard - Nameless, LordMortis

setaside - Nameless, Kelric, Nameless, Cesare, SirReal

-----------------------------------------------

Second Day: Lynch Zurai (NonWolf)

SirReal - Kraegor, Zurai
ChrisGrenard - Chaosraven, Zurai,

setaside - Zurai, Remus West, Kraegor, tru1cy, Zurai

---------------------------------------------------------------

Third Day: Lynch SirReal (WOLF)

SirReal - Kraegor
ChrisGrenard - Kraegor

setaside - no vote

----------------------

Fourth Day: Lynch Kraegor (Innocent)

ChrisGrenard - Kraegor

setaside - no vote

----------------------------------

Fifth Day: Lynch Bakhtosh (NonWolf)

ChrisGrenard - no vote

setaside - Bakhtosh

-----------------------------------------

Sixth Day: Lynch ChrisG (WOLF)

setaside - ChrisGrenard
One for Six...

Been holding this post in abeyance until the response came
"Where are you off to?"

setaside

Post by setaside »

Dude, you keep saying that Kraegor was the worst innocent ever.

Not by a long shot.

Lynch me.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Is It Interesting or Is It Insidiously Illusory? :ninja:

:wink:
setaside

Post by setaside »

Seriously, I want to be off the suspect list. It's distracting the village from it's duty which is to find and kill the last wolf.

Do it.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I am willing to step forward and claim I am not a "Villager" for I make No Sense.

I would be willing to vote setaside.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Considering that, as far as I understand the rules, tru1cy and Grenard wouldn't be able to communicate their knowledge or plans (at least not by PMs), I think the chances that tru1cy was actually the sorcerer are pretty close to nill.
Absolutely.

If you can believe Cesare was the Priest with even 50% conviction, and that Zurai would have come forward as the Seer wayyyyyy back when, then to entertain that tru1cy was anything but Seer is ludicrous.

Sorry if I freaked you out by playing the "You're acting just like Kraegor" thing and ignoring what your posts were trying to imply, Nameless, but it looked like a beautiful chance to try a set-up.

Man, this is gonna suck if I'm wrong.

My main suspicion of pr0ner is
(1) the True Believer and Faithful Follower he displayed for CG, who I have suspected since his Goof the first day.
(2) his vehemence and vitriol railing against those who disagree
(3) his suspicions (if you go back and look at his lists)

Why did he not vote setaside?

The Remus Kraegor setaside list was used to focus on Remus and Kraegor.

As I do not believe tru1cy was the Sorcerer, the scan must be true.
So he was either 100% Guaranteed Dupe

or the sorcerer.

And therefore his Lack of Pursuit of Setaside is also suspicious.

Well, at least to a Narcissistic Raving Paranoid like me.

You will also recall that setaside wondered why I was harping on pr0ner in conjunction with my posts about Grenard.

By continually downplaying my suspicions of setaside I was hoping to tip the balance.

I mean seriously, who the Hell in their Right Mind listens to Chaosraven?

:twisted:
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Bonus odd note:

When ChrisGrenard was "looking for a Wolf" he "scanned" setaside and found (drum roll please) the Cursed.

Why in the Fuck would he NOT scan the CrazyRaven? Or the MIA Nameless? Or even the Specific Target brought up by a few others, Ralph?

Is it a clue by omission?

Hang Bubbles as Good Guy to prove he was the Seer?

We were pretty certain to NOT lynch the Cursed as that would be a Guaranteed Wolf Kill the night after no kill happened, or am I misremembering that discussion?

Grenards time ran out (*FINALLY*) when he had his "Must be Ralph and Chaosraven" and at least a few people knew that could not be true.
"Where are you off to?"

Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Chaosraven wrote:
Sorry if I freaked you out by playing the "You're acting just like Kraegor" thing and ignoring what your posts were trying to imply, Nameless, but it looked like a beautiful chance to try a set-up.
No worries. That's what I figured.

Obviously, I've become somewhat less suspicious of Ralph-Wiggum. At the same time, I've become more suspicious of MrBubbles, and I'm starting to wonder if I might have misinterpreted one of his posts earlier.

However, I still feel setaside to be the most likely wolf, and I recommend that we vote for him.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Nameless wrote: However, I still feel setaside to be the most likely wolf, and I recommend that we vote for him.
Money where your mouth is, wolfy.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

What's the fequency, Kenneth?

I see two people saying that they're willing to vote for setaside, but I see no actual votes for him. Very Interesting, me thinks.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:What's the fequency, Kenneth?

I see two people saying that they're willing to vote for setaside, but I see no actual votes for him. Very Interesting, me thinks.
Well, yes. As I said, I think we should get everything worked out before we start bolding votes. Just in case anyone has any reason why setaside can't possibly be a wolf.

How about you? You see any particular reason not to go for setaside?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

My suspicions have setaside #1, Ralph as #2.

Mainly for setaside regarding Careful Play.
The deliberate NonEditing... seriously, c'mon.

Who is gonna listen to the Village Idiot that rants and raves and points the finger at everyone else?

Just because my 3 out of 4 list was based on when people posted and editing their posts?

Don't be afraid... FLAUNT that EDIT, baby.
Because with the repeated requests to be scanned (and now lynched) what were you afraid of?

Is this a "I dare You" to lynch me thing?

Mainly for Ralph based on the Omission Category.
Looking back at the Things Deadwolves Say while still alive it seems to me that Ralph was set aside from the Suspicious Lists.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

And now we have setaside *and* Ralph double dog daring us to hang setaside.

SETASIDE

With 6 of us, Majority is 4. We require all 4 Good Guys.
Tomorrow will be 4 majority of 3 if we are wrong...

With 1 wolf, 1 sorcerer, and 2 good guys it will be the 2 good guys who fail the vote by voting for each other, as the bad guys jump on the vote and end the game.
"Where are you off to?"

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Chaosraven wrote:And now we have setaside *and* Ralph double dog daring us to hang setaside.
:lol:

I'm not daring anybody to do anything. I just thought it was funny you guys were so adament about setaside's guilt but still didn't vote for him. For reasons I listed earlier, I'm still think Nameless has a better chance to be the wolf than setaside.