2024 Fundraising - $1192 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Latest queue for games

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Latest queue for games

Post by bb2112 »

Sorry, I thought maybe I could run Star Wars after BSG, but my computer is broke. It is in the shop. In the mean time I'm limping along on my iPad. When I finally get it back, I will start working on the Star Wars game again.

In the mean time, are there any other volunteers?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
purge

Post by purge »

I've never put together a game before. I had an idea for one but the logistics for the twists and turns are something that I'd need to work out. I could use the same setting and run a fairly basic WW one.

Frankly, I'm more interested in seeing another complex game complete with surprises.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I was wondering if people were kind of burned out on the big games. We had Prague and then BSG right in a row and participation seemed to really be lagging. Although, Purge, I'm with you. I love the bigger games with the surprises way more, but maybe it would be better to get a vanilla game going and let people recharge a little.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
purge

Post by purge »

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

After the shop having my computer for 2 months, it has been declared officially dead. Now I am going to have to buy a new one and I'm not sure when that is going to be just yet. In the mean time, if someone else is ready to step up, please by all means.
purge

Post by purge »

lynch bb2112 

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Sorry to disappoint. I would have started my game by now except that I would have had to do it from my ipad, and there is no way I'm going to do that. Way too much typing for a touch screen.

Purge, why don't you start one?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

If nobody else is ready, I can run one from the backup list.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Go for it! :mrgreen:
purge

Post by purge »

I was actually twisting Unagi's arm in PMs to run a Ragnarok one. Hopefully he chimes in with what's on his plate.

As for me running one, I could muddle through a basic WW game, with a few specials with my own twist. Does anyone have a cheat-sheet for a noob?
stessier

Post by stessier »

purge wrote:I was actually twisting Unagi's arm in PMs to run a Ragnarok one. Hopefully he chimes in with what's on his plate.

As for me running one, I could muddle through a basic WW game, with a few specials with my own twist. Does anyone have a cheat-sheet for a noob?
Kinda
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, I thought I was going to be taking a lot of business trips in April, but they all have been cancelled for various and sundry reasons. Thanks to the LoD, and my newly found lightened work load, I started working on The Empire Strikes Back.

I'm maybe a week from being finished, but it seems like the JLA game will take at least that long to wrap up. So timing shouldn't be an issue.

So I guess the big question is, should I shoot to start my game right after Raven's, or should I wait a while and let everyone recover?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

My suggestion is to put it up when ready, and don't get disheartened if burnout leaves the signup stalled for a bit. Prep it for a 10 player game with additional bits if more people want in.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote: So I guess the big question is, should I shoot to start my game right after Raven's, or should I wait a while and let everyone recover?

Since I haven't been able to play in a WW game for a looooooong time, I say the sooner the better. :)

As Chaos says, when you have the game ready, float a discussion/sign-sheet to see what kind of interest you get. I suspect your game will generate a big crowd. Your last Star Wars game was excellent (well, except for the whole "Unagi force choking a poor droid" thing :))

Your game also provided (perhaps) my very favorite OOWW moment when I was able to cast (in an incredibly small window of opportunity) the over-vote that lead to:
Chaosraven wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Voting is closed

We have gone into night.

Will update soon. :D
:shock:

WTF????

:D

So, I am looking forward to your The Empire Strikes Back game.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I believe I actually shouted that out loud at the time...
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Enlarge Image
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Thanks guys. I'm working on it. I should have it ready after this weekend and I will post the sign up sheet early next week. That way whenever Raven's game ends, we should be able to move pretty seemlessly into the SW game.

And Q, I agree with you, Raven's WTF post is probably my all time favorite post.

Who has the keys to the other forum? And can they PM them to me?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Remember Mara Jade!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

bb2112 wrote:Who has the keys to the other forum? And can they PM them to me?

From the "Persistent Spoiler Forum" thread, it looks like Lassr has them:
Lassr wrote:Yes, I think I was the last to use it for my BSG game.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Qantaga wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Who has the keys to the other forum? And can they PM them to me?

From the "Persistent Spoiler Forum" thread, it looks like Lassr has them:
Lassr wrote:Yes, I think I was the last to use it for my BSG game.
Yep, I am the keymaster.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Enlarge Image
Really?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Here is your gatekeeper.
Spoiler:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

So Pretty
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If I were you I'd be more than a little worried he has a copy of that. I mean, you really have to ask yourself "WHY? For GOD'S SAKE, WHY?"
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote:Here is your gatekeeper.
Spoiler:
you're the keymaster now! Why do you think I was so willing to give it up!

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
Spoiler:
Wait? You "gave it up" to that gatekeeper?! And express it as "so willing"?! :shock:
You scare me.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Spoiler:
Wait? You "gave it up" to that gatekeeper?! And express it as "so willing"?! :shock:
You scare me.
oh, he has hidden talents...but you knew that already... :wink:

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

bb2112 wrote:Thanks guys. I'm working on it. I should have it ready after this weekend and I will post the sign up sheet early next week. That way whenever Raven's game ends, we should be able to move pretty seemlessly into the SW game.

And Q, I agree with you, Raven's WTF post is probably my all time favorite post.

Who has the keys to the other forum? And can they PM them to me?
I am: Darth Sideous awaits!

Enlarge Image
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Also, I vote for adding Nute Gunray to the game! I've always had a soft spot for the trade federation.

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:Also, I vote for adding Nute Gunray to the game! I've always had a soft spot for the trade federation.

Hmmm... I am adding a few characters, but I didn't think of him. But as a favor to you Scoop, you got it. :D
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

bb2112 wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Also, I vote for adding Nute Gunray to the game! I've always had a soft spot for the trade federation.

Hmmm... I am adding a few characters, but I didn't think of him. But as a favor to you Scoop, you got it. :D
SWEET!! Remember he is a sneaky little worm and his powers should match his cowardice.

purge

Post by purge »

Scoop20906 wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

SWEET!! Remember he is a sneaky little worm and his powers should match his cowardice.

And he sounds like Mau Zedong. (tse-tong)
stessier

Post by stessier »

There are a lot of dead people. If there is interest, I could run a simple game. 9 Players, 1 Seer, 2 Wolves. Maybe make it a PM allowed game to make it quick?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I say go for it. I'd like an easy one after this Star Wars game.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

+1
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Time to prep the lineup?
"Where are you off to?"

purge

Post by purge »

:sigh: missed the "easy" game.

Waiting on the next one.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Prepping a new iteration of the Get Smart -themed game from a few years back.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

triggercut wrote:Prepping a new iteration of the Get Smart -themed game from a few years back.
Just as long as Scoop is not Hymie. :lol:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Man does that bring back memories. I loved Get Smart as a kid.