New Orleans by Night V:TM forum RPG (Chapter 1)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

You are of course free to do as you wish.
Take me to your Prince, have him take my head. Your herculean task is complete.
And when the event still occurs you are free to explain why you have not fulfilled your mission to Papa C.
If you neither require nor desire my help in your endeavors, I shall sit here in the Light enjoying the... ahem... ambiance of these Marvelous Surroundings.

Seriously, you have to be able to do better than this squalor, don't you?

Perhaps adjourn to Jacks Gallery? He has a Bottle of '34 Sauternes that begs to be tasted.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

So, lets assume for a moment that we don't turn you over to the Prince. Who then did we see in the moving picture?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

How amusing.
You saw no one.
Much to your poor deluded friends chagrin.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Jack/Antonio, whomever you are. What can you do to help us? Since that seems to be your infferance. Whatever it is we have until tomarrow night to get things done. So can we get to the point.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Let us try it this way...
You see me now as you saw him then, or whatever the tense is for future sight. As you saw the "tape" vision.
There were others with "me" were there not?
Assuming we can find those people would it not be easier to have their contact along?

Jackson Barracks, outside New Orleans in Chalmette, may have "misplaced" some explosives.

Where do the rest of you suggest we start?
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Having their contact along would be good....if that contact were to be trustworthily on our side. We shall see how that is regarding you. For now though, I agree with your suggestion. We should proceed to the barracks and see what we can learn there.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

What about Arif Bankhesh? Do you know anything about him Antonio?
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I know his line of business, which includes weapons dealings; I don't know where to find him, but I do know how to make him find us. He is a Settite and that name is a cover.

As far as the Base is concerned, the theft has already occurred. We may be better suited finding Me or my Contacts, if that makes sense.

I know of a couple places we could check... and I'm pretty sure it would rapidly become a situation that Troy and Rev will enjoy

Antonio smiles widely
"Where are you off to?"

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

I am game. < smiles a toothy grin> I say let the hunt begin.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Well then, should we start by going to see if I'm home?
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:Well then, should we start by going to see if I'm home?
Lead on for now.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

If memory serves, we should head out to Irish Bayou first.
I don't think we want to touch base with "Arif" until I am secured.
"Where are you off to?"

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

After you.....
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Shall I call for a car or would one of you prefer to drive?
"Where are you off to?"

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Well then, should we start by going to see if I'm home?
Lead on for now.
I am fine with this course of action, as well.

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Troy has a car. I mean I would offer, but I don't think it would be safe for us all to try to ride my chopper.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Then by all means if Troy is amenable let's saddle up.
"Where are you off to?"

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Eyes Antonio warily
I'm not sure I like the idea of having a Lasombra in my car....

Looks around room

I'll drive, but if Jack/Antonio does anything remotely suspicious I'll try my best to kill him

Grabs keys from his pocket and walks out the room and igets nto his beat up Crown Vic
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Here we go again.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vitorio looks at the Crown Vic and slowly shakes his head.
I will follow in my own car.
He turns and walks towards his Jag.

/ooc Bring it Troy. You and your little winterbeater can suck dust. :lol:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Well this should be fun.
"Where are you off to?"

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Lets do this.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Jack the Ripper: Morrissey

Oh, you look so tired
Mouth slack and wide
Ill-housed and ill-advised
Your face is as mean
As your life has been
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Silky

Post by Silky »

It is a cool night for New Orleans with a lot of dampness in the air. Troy gets in the Crown Vic and fires her up. "Lets do this" Revnant says as he hops on his bike. Vitorio walks over to his Jaguar and says "I will follow in my car".

Guided by "Antonio"; Troy hits the Interstate and heads east. New Orleans East still looks like a wasteland. Fire damaged apartments can be seen to the left while dilapidated houses collapse under their own weight to the right. Soon you hit the marshlands outside the city. Great swaths of marshland are dead or dying from all the salt water dumped by the storm. Right before Lake Pontchartrain; Troy gets off at the Irish Bayou exit. A crumbling sign welcomes sightseers to swamp and gator tours to the left. Troy takes a right onto Highway 11.

About a mile down, Troy pulls of into the parking lot of an abandoned Shell gas station. "Antonio" gets out the car and points to the west. "We are a little less than 1/2 a mile from the haven". You follow the hand and your eyes come to rest on a "motte and bailey" structure through the swamp. It is made of some white stone with a red tower sticking out of the left side.
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

This was a vacation home built in the 60's for a wealthy person who enjoyed privacy.

Now I use it for much the same reason.

It can be accessed by boat or along a path.
Anyone approaching by boat will certainly be spotted.
The path is not known to most but should be guarded.
We should head along the path but be cautious and hope to catch one of the guards.

We are on the lookout for three things... the boat, the car, and the guards.
If the boat is not docked, one of the ghouls is out for supplies. Which leaves two.
If the car is missing, I am most likely not home.
If the boat is docked and the car here then we have a rough n tumble ahead of us.

Shall we go?
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Onward.
Vitorio makes no move to near the front of the group but rather remains standing waiting for the others to form an order to the group.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Troy shall we go first.

I think I am going to enjoy this. :twisted:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Antonio casually saunters down the path
"Where are you off to?"

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Please wait for a second, Antonio.

Thomas turns to the rest of the group and speaks quietly.

How do we know this Antonio isn't leading us into a trap?

There is a security camera on the building pointing towards the path. It looks to me that it will observe us about couple hundred feet from the building. I also think someone is home since there is a sedan parked on the left side of the building.

I feel the path isn't our best option for approach at this point in time.

I am open to other suggestions.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

So we know Antonio is most likely home. We still need to question him. Care to suggest a better approach to the house? We need not come in weapons drawn. We can go in and talk then draw weapons when the situation calls for them. I think we must risk the trap to gain the reward of knowledge we need.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Hey you guys, Stop there is a motion sensor on the path. You want to go around or shall I try and disable it?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RevHempus71 wrote:Hey you guys, Stop there is a motion sensor on the path. You want to go around or shall I try and disable it?
Are you able to disable the security camera as well?

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

I may know a thing or 2 about security devices.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

RevHempus71 wrote:I may know a thing or 2 about security devices.
Thats good to know. If you can disable the motion detector and the security camera cover the path, please do so.

If not, I believe I can lead us through the marsh but we may have to face security camera's on the other side of the house.

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Better than disabling it, I can make it see what I want. Say like a normal marsh without a gang of Kindered sauntering about..... 8-)
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Remus West wrote:So we know Antonio is most likely home. We still need to question him. Care to suggest a better approach to the house? We need not come in weapons drawn. We can go in and talk then draw weapons when the situation calls for them. I think we must risk the trap to gain the reward of knowledge we need.
Roll eyes

The Camarilla and Sabbat is at war. While the Giovanni might hold themselves as a neutral clan your services are being paid for by our Prince as such you're in this conflict on the side of the Camarilla.

I will not be walking into a Sabbat Haven looking to parley like this is some fucking diplomatic mission of the fucking U.N.

If you have this much aversion to violence, Giovanni, then I suggest you keep you death loving ass on the side line.

Turns back to the Woods. We should wade in through the swamp

/ooc- loving being Brujah
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vitorio gives Troy a sympathetic look
Must be nice to have such a simplistic view of the world. I am not saying we actually parley in good faith. I am saying we go in and talk until we either have what we need to know or he refuses to give us the information we need. Then you and Revnant can do your thing. Then, when you are done doing your thing, maybe I will do mine and you will see what it really means to be Giovanni.
Vitorio swings his car keys around his finger then tucks them into his pocket.
I would have thought the arrogance of openly walking into a Sabbat haven while knowing you have every intention of tearing it to shreds would have appealed to a real Brujah.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Arguing is a waste of both of yours valuable time.

Thomas turns to Rev.

Rev perform your magic so we can just walk up the path.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I assume an argument with a Brujah sounds much different than this. I would expect to hear more grunting and gunshots.
Vitorio chuckles softly and leans back against the hood of Troy's car (wouldn't want to scratch the Jag :wink: ) to await Revnant's signal that he has finished.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Done.

Use my Chimestry to create a static image for the security camera.