What is this? Image

Darkness!

Kill Crux. :wink:
Crux

Post by Crux »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:What is this? Image

Darkness!

Because, you know, a year ago when I chose this image I knew that this game would take place, and I wanted to represent my side in advance :shock:

In all seriousness, I'd start a list of suspects, and cross them off/add to them as we go. In the last Vampire game (triggercuts) I got two of the three vamps on my 'guess in the dark' list. So I'll start a similar list here and modify it as we go.

Clearly innocent:
Drazzil - surely no Fall Angel would... surely not.
Kelric - too obvious. he's been a bad guy in almost every game so far.
Mr Bubbles - having just wrapped up triggercut's vampire game in which he was the alpha vamp, I doubt he'd end up a bad guy in another game right away. Possible but unlikely.

Possible Choices for Fallen:

UsulofDoom - With a name like that, it'd be an irresistable choice for any First. I mean surely no First would choose someone with the name Doom? Right?
Crux - I'm a decent ally, but probably a bit on the obvious side. Being neither Seeker nor Linked, I can't prove my innocence at this stage though :P
Ralph Wiggum - He played a solid werewolf game a while back, and he pulls off the 'who me?' innocent act.
Noxiousdog - In the same boat as me. A good ally, but possibly too obvious.
St Dysan - Would be a great under-the-radar choice.
Schroeder - See above
Ceekay - Again see above.

Any thoughts anyone?
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Drazzil as the alpha would be absolutely priceless if he were lynched on night one. PRICELESS.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Crux wrote:Clearly innocent:
Drazzil getting picked would be hilarious, just because. But he's also barely spoken in the other game he's involved in.
Mr Bubbles - having just wrapped up triggercut's vampire game in which he was the alpha vamp, I doubt he'd end up a bad guy in another game right away. Possible but unlikely.
It's all random odds as Alpha, but not everyone reads the games they aren't actively playing in. I've almost never read any of the other games.
Ralph Wiggum - He played a solid werewolf game a while back, and he pulls off the 'who me?' innocent act.
True. That cat of his totally throws you off.

The under the radar choices usually manage to get one person as a vamp/werewolf, as do the obvious ones. It's the ones that fall into neither group that are the tricky ones.

For now, I still like the age old strategy of lynching the quiet ones. The early game is always the most difficult when there's no hints whatsoever.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'.... Ralph cast the first stone, so there goes that whole theory.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

If you are the seeker, the archangel, or are linked, please PM me.
Hodor.
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Crux wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:What is this? Image

Darkness!

Because, you know, a year ago when I chose this image I knew that this game would take place, and I wanted to represent my side in advance :shock:

In all seriousness, I'd start a list of suspects, and cross them off/add to them as we go. In the last Vampire game (triggercuts) I got two of the three vamps on my 'guess in the dark' list. So I'll start a similar list here and modify it as we go.

Clearly innocent:
Kelric - too obvious. he's been a bad guy in almost every game so far.

Possible Choices for Fallen:

UsulofDoom - With a name like that, it'd be an irresistable choice for any First. I mean surely no First would choose someone with the name Doom? Right?
Crux - I'm a decent ally, but probably a bit on the obvious side. Being neither Seeker nor Linked, I can't prove my innocence at this stage though :P
Noxiousdog - In the same boat as me. A good ally, but possibly too obvious.
St Dysan - Would be a great under-the-radar choice.
Schroeder - See above
Ceekay - Again see above.

Any thoughts anyone?
ME?...under the radar?....WHY oh WHY

How come NPC got nailed the first night when there was talk earlier in the thread of 'hurrying up' and lynching him...some bad JuJu going on
The Saint
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

pr0ner wrote:If you are the seeker, the archangel, or are linked, please PM me.
+1
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Thinking I will go with a LordMortis strategy for this game. I will sacrifice myself for the good of the village
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Let me know too please.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

noxiousdog wrote:
Let me know too please.
Heck, everybody just post their roles here - that will make it easier!! :P
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Orinoco wrote:
noxiousdog wrote:
Let me know too please.
Heck, everybody just post their roles here - that will make it easier!! :P
I'm Spartacus.
Black Lives Matter

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Crux wrote: Ralph Wiggum - He played a solid werewolf game a while back, and he pulls off the 'who me?' innocent act.
Who? Me?

But seriously, there's no way I'm getting picked to be a fallen (unless I managed to be the alpha - which I'm not) because no one trusts me and it's likely I'll get lynched early. Just look what happened in the last vampire game when triggercut picked me. That didn't turn out well. The same probably goes for noxiousdog.

If I was an alpha, I'd pick the quiet ones that aren't likely to be scrutinized as heavily.

edit: just to be clear, the game in which triggercut picked me wasn't the Lars game, but the game before (we just both happened to be werewolves in Lars game).
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

You would have to be one of the fallen to ask such a question. But then you all may think it's me since i pointed that out. Very confusing I must say.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

UsulofDoom wrote:
You would have to be one of the fallen to ask such a question. But then you all may think it's me since i pointed that out. Very confusing I must say.
Somebody has to do it. It worked for Grund in the last Vampire game.
Black Lives Matter

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Crux wrote: Ralph Wiggum - He played a solid werewolf game a while back, and he pulls off the 'who me?' innocent act.
Who? Me?

But seriously, there's no way I'm getting picked to be a fallen (unless I managed to be the alpha - which I'm not) because no one trusts me and it's likely I'll get lynched early. Just look what happened in the last vampire game when triggercut picked me. That didn't turn out well. The same probably goes for noxiousdog.

If I was an alpha, I'd pick the quiet ones that aren't likely to be scrutinized as heavily.

edit: just to be clear, the game in which triggercut picked me wasn't the Lars game, but the game before (we just both happened to be werewolves in Lars game).
Clear indictation of.....well....of.....well.......

I say we lynch Ralph-Wiggum for confusing me. :wink:

note: NOT bolded intentionally I am not ready to vote for anyone just yet, although I like Crux's idea of a list so will put my own up when I get time today.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Remus West wrote: note: NOT bolded intentionally I am not ready to vote for anyone just yet, although I like Crux's idea of a list so will put my own up when I get time today.
Come on! It has to be Drazzil. Comedy gold!
Black Lives Matter

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

There's no way to guess who the alpha Fallen is, because that's purely random. But we can make some guesses about whom the Fallen would choose. Out of the list of players, these are the ones I might suspect:

Smutly
Tru1ncy
Drazzil
St_Dysan
ArmyOfOne
Schroeder
Orinoco

Am I right in believing that all the Fallen have been notified? Or has the alpha not chosen his Fallen yet?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Alright I put together my "under the radar" list:

Drazzil
St_Dysan
ArmyOfOne
UsulofDoom
Schroeder
Orinoco
Kraegor

I would have included J.D. but I think he is under the radar for me more because his short nick doesn't stick in my mind than for actually not posting much in these threads.

Of these folks I think
Orinoco would be very dangerous as a quite one as he pulled it off masterfully before.

ArmyOfOne is a tricky bastard as he showed in the monty python game we just played.

St_Dysan tends to be low on the radar but actually seems to post quite a bit in his games, he will be off for a while and then be back on which could be a tricky Bob or just his posting style so he is a hard read for me.

Drazzil has joined a couple of games but not been posting much in any of them.

Schroeder, UsulofDoom, and Kraegor just fly completely under my radar, probably more my fault than theirs for not reading a variety of threads/forums, but I have no idea what to expect from them.

Please note that these are my "under the radar" picks. Picks like Kelric, who seems to get killed one way or the other every game, or Ralph-Wiggum, who seems to be a bad guy every game, do not count in that catagory.

My "obivously suspicious list" on which these guys would fall includes the rest of us not mentioned already save for J.D. who I am undecided about where to place. I think "under" but just feel like I see his name more than that.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

assuming that the game makers are properly using "randomness" to pick who is good/bad it's rather pointless to make suppositions about previous games except perhaps with regards to posting behavior.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Kraegor wrote:assuming that the game makers are properly using "randomness" to pick who is good/bad it's rather pointless to make suppositions about previous games except perhaps with regards to posting behavior.
The alpha Fallen gets to hand-pick the other 3 fallen.
Black Lives Matter

Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

noxiousdog wrote:
Kraegor wrote:assuming that the game makers are properly using "randomness" to pick who is good/bad it's rather pointless to make suppositions about previous games except perhaps with regards to posting behavior.
lol. oops!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Kraegor wrote:
noxiousdog wrote:
lol. oops!
By "oops" do you mean "I'm the Alpha and I forgot to pick the other 3"? :ninja:
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

nah more like "forgot to read the rules"
Crux

Post by Crux »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Am I right in believing that all the Fallen have been notified? Or has the alpha not chosen his Fallen yet?
That is a good question. Anyone know the answer?
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

would be funny if we lynched the Fallen before he chose any allies.

Welp game over...who wants coffee?
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Crux wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Am I right in believing that all the Fallen have been notified? Or has the alpha not chosen his Fallen yet?
This is what I mean! Look at this. RW asks a question that would point out that he could not be alpha or one of the fallen by asking if they have been picked or is he using reveres psychology on us. Now Crux comes in quoting RW which would mean he's not the Alfa or one of the fallen or they could be in cahoots planning all this.
:x
Then there’s me pointing this out again which may put the radar on me! :doh:
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I'm just asking a question: I don't want to be composing a list of suspects if the Alpha hasn't even picked his fellow Fallen yet. If the Alpha hasn't chosen yet, he might see what we expect and do something different.

Secondly, I don't want to lynch someone I think is the Alpha Fallen if I'm going to be a fallen also (unless, of course, killing the Alpha Fallen right off the bat means that everyone but him wins).
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I'm just asking a question: I don't want to be composing a list of suspects if the Alpha hasn't even picked his fellow Fallen yet. If the Alpha hasn't chosen yet, he might see what we expect and do something different.

Secondly, I don't want to lynch someone I think is the Alpha Fallen if I'm going to be a fallen also (unless, of course, killing the Alpha Fallen right off the bat means that everyone but him wins).
or maybe u were so drunk last night when you picked your accomplices that you forgot who you picked and now yer just tryin to confuse everyone.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Ralphs causing too much confusion. I say we lynch him.
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Kraegor wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:I'm just asking a question: I don't want to be composing a list of suspects if the Alpha hasn't even picked his fellow Fallen yet. If the Alpha hasn't chosen yet, he might see what we expect and do something different.

or maybe u were so drunk last night when you picked your accomplices that you forgot who you picked and now yer just tryin to confuse everyone.
+1
The Saint
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

UsulofDoom wrote:
Crux wrote:
This is what I mean! Look at this. RW asks a question that would point out that he could not be alpha or one of the fallen by asking if they have been picked or is he using reveres psychology on us. Now Crux comes in quoting RW which would mean he's not the Alfa or one of the fallen or they could be in cahoots planning all this.
:x
Then there’s me pointing this out again which may put the radar on me! :doh:
Careful with those RWs. We have Remus West and Ralph Wiggum in this game.
Black Lives Matter

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I'm not trying to cause confustion - I just want to know if the Alpha Fallen has chosen his fellow Fallen, yet. In most games of this type, the Alpha chooses after the first day/lynching. But there was nothing in Chaosraven's description of the game that said specifically if the Alpha chooses his group right away or after the first day.

P.S. If I was a fallen, I would definitely not be bringing this much attention to myself.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:P.S. If I was a fallen, I would definitely not be bringing this much attention to myself.
But if it's after the first day, you don't know if you're a Fallen yet. So you could still wind up one. So now you're just screwing yourself. :P
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Kelric wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:P.S. If I was a fallen, I would definitely not be bringing this much attention to myself.
But if it's after the first day, you don't know if you're a Fallen yet. So you could still wind up one. So now you're just screwing yourself. :P
That's why I asked the question. :D

Plus, after all this, there's no way the Alpha will be picking me. :lol:
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Don't forget that we only have until 10 PM Eastern to make our choice.

Personally, I'd love to vote off Drazzil, but I think he may be harmless; his lack of being around the game would only slow things down.

Otherwise, the lists of the laying low people is as good a place to start as any.

And really, if you're the seeker, the archangel, or the linked, PMing me would be wise.
Hodor.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

pr0ner wrote: And really, if you're the seeker, the archangel, or the linked, PMing me would be wise.
Or me. Because l33t h4XX0rs can't be trusted.
Black Lives Matter

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

pr0ner wrote:Don't forget that we only have until 10 PM Eastern to make our choice.

Personally, I'd love to vote off Drazzil, but I think he may be harmless; his lack of being around the game would only slow things down.

Otherwise, the lists of the laying low people is as good a place to start as any.

And really, if you're the seeker, the archangel, or the linked, PMing me would be wise.
I forgot that we had the time deadline.

Orinoco seems like as good a under the radar choice as any.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Sorry been unable to spend a bit of time reading up on all this.. Will catch up and vote soon..
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

since this was apparently overlooked
... four had gathered to grant him passage into Dark Oblivion... four had come together to betray the Light and bring Darknes
in other words the fallen are chosen :p