THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

Battle of the Presidents

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Chaosraven

Re: Battle of the Presidents

Post by Chaosraven »

Potentially players have ceased to read this forum waiting for a game to end.

Try the Beetlejuice trick...

grundbegriff
grundbegriff
grundbegriff
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Moliere wrote:Was it wrong to put the political twist into the game? Where are all the players?
Answer 1: No, the twist is not what is likely keeping people away
Answer 2: A lot of players have stopped playing very often and others are just busy as all get out (read me for that last part)
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

answer 3: in need of recharging the batteries (ie me)

Though if you could get scoop to Pm some folks...am sure people can get a list together of those previous players.

And i seriously doubt its the topic. I think Remus hit the nail on the head. Busy and a more casual pace by some folks.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

did someone send up the Bat SIgNal
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere. Would you mind starting after the Thanksgiving Holiday? I think people would be more willing to get started once they have that out of the way and its only a few weeks.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:Moliere. Would you mind starting after the Thanksgiving Holiday? I think people would be more willing to get started once they have that out of the way and its only a few weeks.
That's fine with me. I only worry that someone is then going to say we should delay until after Christmas, and then New Years. :cry:

But I have no problem waiting if that will produce a full roster of players. I really like the infection at any time dynamic and don't want to compromise that like I did for the last GT game I ran.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Moliere wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Moliere. Would you mind starting after the Thanksgiving Holiday? I think people would be more willing to get started once they have that out of the way and its only a few weeks.
That's fine with me. I only worry that someone is then going to say we should delay until after Christmas, and then New Years. :cry:

But I have no problem waiting if that will produce a full roster of players. I really like the infection at any time dynamic and don't want to compromise that like I did for the last GT game I ran.
You are the mod. :)

RMC

Post by RMC »

Sorry been busy and lost track of these games. if there is room, I am game. :)

Thanks CR for the IM to get my butt over here and look. :)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Moliere wrote: I only worry that someone is then going to say we should delay until after Christmas, and then New Years. :cry:
I prefer you wait until after Groundhogs Day!

:P
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

RMC wrote:Sorry been busy and lost track of these games. if there is room, I am game. :)

Thanks CR for the IM to get my butt over here and look. :)
You have been added to the roster.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
theohall

Post by theohall »

IN!
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:
Moliere wrote: I only worry that someone is then going to say we should delay until after Christmas, and then New Years. :cry:
I prefer you wait until after Groundhogs Day!

:P
 Lassr 

He didn't say wait for President's Day.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I got three for ya, and a sad "no" behind the scenes. There's maybe 3 or 4 others I PM'd about it.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

if you get to 14 and need a 15th i'm your huckleberry.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

What the heck. Let's make day 1 interesting by forcing them to choose between me and CR. IN.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Chaosraven wrote:I got three for ya, and a sad "no" behind the scenes. There's maybe 3 or 4 others I PM'd about it.
Thanks!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Newcastle wrote:if you get to 14 and need a 15th i'm your huckleberry.
We only need 3 more. :)
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I will be a Jack Kemp/Lowell Weicker/John Lindsay/John Rockefeller/James A Garfield/DDE/Tom Dewey/Chuck Percy/Mark Hatfield Republican.

IN
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
RMC

Post by RMC »

Can I be the Green party candidate?
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I think RMC is a wolf. ;)
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

I haven't played one of these in probably a year or so now over on GT. If you're still looking for players I'm in.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Qantaga wrote:I think RMC is a wolf. ;)
I am just naturally hairy, because I CARE about our planet and refuse to use CFC's in the cans of shaving cream! If you cared you would not shave either! :whistle:

You commie pinko! :)
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

:lol:
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

J.D. wrote:I haven't played one of these in probably a year or so now over on GT. If you're still looking for players I'm in.
I added you to the roster. We only need 1 more to have a quorum.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

someone get pr0ner!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I am going to be away next week and probably not on the internet much, though I believe we're starting after next week anyhow.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:I am going to be away next week and probably not on the internet much, though I believe we're starting after next week anyhow.
The game will begin on 12/2.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

If nobody shows by then, even numbers are good to start at Night Zero, with a kill and orders.
14 -1 = 13 First day.
1+1 =11
1+1 =9
1+1 =7
Lynch loss makes for four strikes, barring Protection, Failed Conversion, Extra kills.
I used to refer to the game as Sunday Night (Night Zero) then Monday/MondayNight, Tuesday/TuesdayNight, etc.
"Where are you off to?"

theohall

Post by theohall »

RMC wrote:
I am just naturally hairy, because I CARE about our planet and refuse to use CFC's in the cans of shaving cream! If you cared you would not shave either! :whistle:

how could anyone tell the difference with it being no shave November?
RMC

Post by RMC »

theohall wrote:
RMC wrote:

Oh man... pulling out the no shave November thing.. :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote:
theohall wrote:
RMC wrote:

Team leads and supervisors in my building did the no shave November and then they had the employees & the supervisors put money in jars to determine what type of beard they would have to wear the last week before Thanksgiving. At the last minute of the contest two engineers each put $100 in the monkey tail jar. So it was quite funny seeing some of the bosses walking around with monkey tail beards last week

The money went to a charity.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:
RMC wrote:
theohall wrote:
RMC wrote:

Team leads and supervisors in my building did the no shave November and then they had the employees & the supervisors put money in jars to determine what type of beard they would have to wear the last week before Thanksgiving. At the last minute of the contest two engineers each put $100 in the monkey tail jar. So it was quite funny seeing some of the bosses walking around with monkey tail beards last week

The money went to a charity.
What's a monkey tail beard? And I am in charge of 50 people, and I am the only guy. My Director is a women, the rest of the managers are all women (in my department). My VP is a man, but he is a physician, so I don't think I can get him to do this.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Grundbegriff wrote:fINe
That gives us 15 players. I will send out the assignments next weekend.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I wanna be rob ford!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:I wanna be rob ford!
Get in line. We all want to be Rob Ford. That guy parties like a rock star. :music-rockon:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grundbegriff wrote:fINe
HuZAH!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote:
What's a monkey tail beard? And I am in charge of 50 people, and I am the only guy. My Director is a women, the rest of the managers are all women (in my department). My VP is a man, but he is a physician, so I don't think I can get him to do this.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Thanks. That's one of those phrases I didn't want to Google.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Same here, and that is awful! ugh!