THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

[WW] Lupus Prime

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ori, if the object of coming forward was to save me from wasting my scan it is going to backfire unless you get some support as I will feel compeled to check your honesty by using today's scan on you. Have your partner come forward or out him yourself.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Genghis wrote:If the second comm officer does not come forward that points heavily to orinico being the traitor or a husk.
Really? I wasn't under any suspicion and choose to come out because that would help me how as a traitor or husk? I could have said I was the only comms officer or anything. The only reason I said anything was to inform people that there are two comms officers around. The fact that I'm not playing to YOUR plan upsets you? Tough.

You Genghis are one of the one's that we specifically don't trust. You're quiet most of the game and then suddenly you're indispensible with information and charts and leading attacks against others... That to me is more indicative of a husk.

What does knowing the other comms officer get the good guys? You and Remus say it gets a list of trusted people. You have that already, with just one name missing. That one name is critical? What will you do with it? Except use it as a list of people to kill off if you're a husk?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Orinoco wrote:What does knowing the other comms officer get the good guys? You and Remus say it gets a list of trusted people. You have that already, with just one name missing. That one name is critical? What will you do with it? Except use it as a list of people to kill off if you're a husk?
How does losing a Comm officer hurt us that much? The most important roles right now are the crew since we are the only ones who can get access to the computer. Having the second name means we have narrowed everyone's search for the Husks down by one more. If you are worried about getting killed tonight and think the security officer might protect you think again. Who would you protect, the comm officer or the science officer? We need the knowledge the science officer can provide tomorrow. What can you provide other than the name of your partner? PMing during the day is great and all but if we force everyone to post in thread and work in the open the chances of finding the Husks go way up.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I think Mr. Bubbles is the other comms officer, but that's my opinion
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:I think Mr. Bubbles is the other comms officer, but that's my opinion
Orinoco wrote:Bah, didn't want to do this but I'm one of the two comms officers and yes, we're both alive. My partner is staying hidden for the moment, and I'm staying focus on Mr.Bubbles. For what it's worth, I believe tru1cy is innocent.

Can some one who's actually keeping track tell me how many husks we may have left?
If he is then Orinoco is voting to off his own partner.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

The reason for revealing the other comm officer is this.

1) If the second com officer is not revealed, then scanning you may not provide anything usefull. I say this for the follow reasons. If he scans you asking if you are the husk, and instead you are the traitor the result will return a negative. This does not clear you and it doesn't help us. However if the second com officer comes out, then remus can randomly decide which to scan with the following results.

a) If you are telling the truth and both comm officers are revealed he has 100% chance of getting a "human" return back.
b) If you are the traitor and you would have to reveal a husk as the second comm officer ( a standard crewman would not collaborate your story). remus would have a 50% chance to identify the husk
c) Both you and your accomplice is a husk. Remus would have 100% chance of returning a husk scan.

2) The second reason to come forward is if you die tonight, there is no one who can verify the second comm officer if he comes forward. We would have to waste another scan, and we would not even be guaranteed a day scan.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I say scan Orinoco. If he's a HUSK then let's be done with it and vote. This turn is taking almost 5 days
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Am willing to trust that Orinoco is one of the Comm Officers. Lets look at the probabilities.....only 6 crew have been take out....1 android, 1 captain and one husk. That means three who died. ND prior to dying stated he had lab access, so we can assume he was crew. The two unknowns are LM and Padre. We dont know what their status are. However, there is the higher probability that those two were crew, simply because the crew pool was larger. Statistically it is quite viable that the 2 comm officers had made it so far unscathed.

Now, there are methods to check on Orinoco's claim wether it be true or false, and how we do that? Use the trusty good ole BBS system. First of all, ask that Orinoco and his partner post a message from each of them that somehow clears the air.,...could be a duplicate message, could be whatever they want. Actually i think a duplicate message will be the best way to go. I think they should decided amongst themselves what to post, and a duplicate thereby confirming that they are in PM contact The second thing that we ask Orinoco to do is that he reveals the call signs of both the posters. How would Orinoco know the second call sign? Also you have to think that Parker himself was a husk and so was Hinckley (the moniker that Grund confessed to, when he posed as the android. You know the amusing thing when I read that, I said to myself that sounds a lot like him). Anyway the point being, is that we know two of the IDS for the husks. I dont think the traitor would have used the Parker alias simply because he would have been firing blindly. IT would had to have been a husk. Just think of this case...if Orinoco is telling the truth, they will be two NEW call signs....not old ones.

Now here are the cases of what could happen.
1. Two messages are posted this helps confirm. the claim that Orinoco is the Comm officer as claimed.
2. One message is posted (other is lost due to the random nature of the boards or Orinoco is flying solo).
3. A whole bunch of garbage ends up being posted on the boards. This would imply that the husks and traitor do not want the identity of Orinoco being confirmed, thereby also leading to a potentially positive confirmation of Orinoco's identity. This doesnt confirm 100% Orinoco is indeed the Comm officer, however it does alleviate the suspicion.

Why the Comm officer desires to remain hiddden, good question. Only he or Orinoco would want to answer that. I would hate to call out Orinoco as a husk at this moment and have it prove to be false. I much rather have the hope that they are still lurking about.

Its a very risky gameplay i thikn in terms of asking out the comm officers to come out. In fact calling out all the folks, granted it winows the pool down substantially of suspects but at the same time it paints large bulls eyes in front of the crew mates.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

The BBS can not be used to confirm the Comm officers identity. Since 2 husks and 1 Traitor is still around they can post whatever the comm officers post. And since the 2 husks can talk with one another through PMs they would know each others call signs.

Second there is no guarantee that both comm officer posts will go through tonight. Lets say 1 goes through, and a comm officer is killed tonight. We are back to square one with no way to verify the others identity.

There is no reason for the comm officers to remain hidden.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Orinoco wrote:
Genghis wrote:If the second comm officer does not come forward that points heavily to orinico being the traitor or a husk.
Really? I wasn't under any suspicion and choose to come out because that would help me how as a traitor or husk? I could have said I was the only comms officer or anything. The only reason I said anything was to inform people that there are two comms officers around. The fact that I'm not playing to YOUR plan upsets you? Tough.

You Genghis are one of the one's that we specifically don't trust. You're quiet most of the game and then suddenly you're indispensible with information and charts and leading attacks against others... That to me is more indicative of a husk.

What does knowing the other comms officer get the good guys? You and Remus say it gets a list of trusted people. You have that already, with just one name missing. That one name is critical? What will you do with it? Except use it as a list of people to kill off if you're a husk?

What have I done that is husk like?
I campainged heavily against grund, and since then have tried to get people to post so we can weed out the 3 or so unknowns that are left.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Genghis reread my post carefully.

1. Two husks monikors BBS have been identitified. (Parker and hinckley)
2. Duplicate messages that we as crew are unaware of.
3. The risk is that other things (garbage) are being sent out, but that lends an air of credence.
4. We ask for the two identifiying call signs that the comm officers have.

The risk in your guys strategy as well, is that it opens the pool of folks who the security guy has to protect. We can assume that either orinoco or the science guy are going to be gone in the next two nights and add to that the security guy as well.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:Genghis reread my post carefully.

3. The risk is that other things (garbage) are being sent out, but that lends an air of credence.
4. We ask for the two identifiying call signs that the comm officers have.

The risk in your guys strategy as well, is that it opens the pool of folks who the security guy has to protect. We can assume that either orinoco or the science guy are going to be gone in the next two nights and add to that the security guy as well.
The security officer already has a pool of people to protect that he knows. The Husks know more than him, they know everyone who is not a Husk. Evening out the knowledge between them makes his job easier.

As for the BBS, there is the possiblilty of only 1 post making it through as well as the untrustworthyness of the system.

I do like the idea of having them share their BBS login IDs as confirmation that they are who they claim.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Wrong- We know 2 that could be either husks or the traitor. If it was the traitor and a husk, then there are 2 unknowns BBS ids out there that belong to husks.
Newcastle wrote:
Whats to stop husks from doing the same?
Newcastle wrote: 3. The risk is that other things (garbage) are being sent out, but that lends an air of credence.
How so? whats to stop the traitor/husks from posting false information?
Newcastle wrote: 4. We ask for the two identifiying call signs that the comm officers have.
If they are going to identify themselves anyway, why don't they do it now?
For any of these BBS ideas to work the comm officers would have to come forward state that they are a comm officer then state what their BBS id is, which completely defeats your entire idea of remaining hidden.
Newcastle wrote: The risk in your guys strategy as well, is that it opens the pool of folks who the security guy has to protect. We can assume that either orinoco or the science guy are going to be gone in the next two nights and add to that the security guy as well.
Look this is as easy as I can explain it.

We currently have 10 people left. There are 2 possibilities.
2 of these are husks
1 is a traitor
1 is the security officer (rdm)
1 is the sci officer (gbasden)
3 are claiming they have random access (remus,pr0ner,tru1cy)(padre having RA would mean either pr0ner or tru1cy is lying)
2 are comm officers (alive)?
In this case (only remus (once he scans) is clear

OR

2 of these are husks
1 is a traitor
1 is the security officer (rdm)
1 is the sci officer (gbasden)
3 are claiming they have random access (remus,pr0ner,tru1cy)
2 are crewmen (com officers being dead LM and padre)
If this is the case then remus,pr0ner, and tru1cy are clear

erm, this math doesn't add up.
I know I am a regular crewman. yet according to what is left I don't fit into the picture if both comm officers are still alive. The fact that the second comm officer is not comming forward also leads me to belive that they are already dead.

edit to fix quote
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Genghis, your math leaves out the possibility of Padre as traitor. Or the possibility of pr0ner, Tru1cy, or myself as traitor. (I am not btw but take that for what its worth). Given that you would fit into the equation as crew.

That said I still do not think there is any reason for the remaining com officer to remain hidden.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Remus West wrote:Genghis, your math leaves out the possibility of Padre as traitor. Or the possibility of pr0ner, Tru1cy, or myself as traitor. (I am not btw but take that for what its worth). Given that you would fit into the equation as crew.

That said I still do not think there is any reason for the remaining com officer to remain hidden.

Actually, it could be used as a trap to get a Husk to out themselves. One comm officer comes forward and the other stays silent. If a Husk comes out thinking the original officer is playing the traitor it could get the crew a husk this round and with remus scan the other husk we suspect.

Yeah, so I agree the other comms officer needs to come out
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Remus West wrote:Genghis, your math leaves out the possibility of Padre as traitor. Or the possibility of pr0ner, Tru1cy, or myself as traitor. (I am not btw but take that for what its worth). Given that you would fit into the equation as crew.

At this point I don't think you could be the traitor (we will see after the scan) If you are the traitor then we are toast anyway since the real person with RA access has been silent.

If padre was the traitor then Pr0ner,Tru1cy, and you are clear
If padre was a crewman with RA access then you are clear, but either Pr0ner or tru1cy are husk/traitor leaning moer towards tru1cy since padre was still alive when pr0ner announces his access.
If padre was a comm officer then Pr0ner,tru1cy, and you are clear.

This is all based off the fact that no one else has countered your claims of RA access. If someone did have RA access during that time and did not announce it then they screwed us.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Genghis wrote:

Wrong- We know 2 that could be either husks or the traitor. If it was the traitor and a husk, then there are 2 unknowns BBS ids out there that belong to husks.

ANSWER - look at the first few days of the BBS, and see if any of the duplicate messages that contradict Orinoco are from the first few days of messaging. IE any of the garbage ones. Ask your self this....why would the traitor claim to be the capt. and then level accusations everywhere. He does have a chance at hitting the husk. Them are his allies....hence it would be probably to assume that parker is a husk and that hinckley was grund. Hence...the two husks couldnt then post with NEW call signs.
Newcastle wrote:
Whats to stop husks from doing the same?

ANSWER Nothing...but again am basing my rationale that the BBS logins from the comm officers are new, that is if they havent posted yet, if that is the case. But also, there are two knowns Parker and Hinckley.

Newcastle wrote: 3. The risk is that other things (garbage) are being sent out, but that lends an air of credence.
How so? whats to stop the traitor/husks from posting false information?

Answer - Nothing....but then again if both posts from Orinoco and his partner come through...wouldnt it prove his claims to a degree.
Newcastle wrote: 4. We ask for the two identifiying call signs that the comm officers have.
If they are going to identify themselves anyway, why don't they do it now?
For any of these BBS ideas to work the comm officers would have to come forward state that they are a comm officer then state what their BBS id is, which completely defeats your entire idea of remaining hidden.

Answer - How would Orinoco know two call signs if he wasnt a Comm officer...again i am presuming he is the comm officer. And again if he does state their call signs.

Forgive my lack of editing skills....also not sure how this post will come out, the answers i hit in "Answer" segments to the relevant quotes. I simply think it was a risky strategy to have all the specials come out.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Also when did Truicy claim to have access..i seem to have missed that?
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Newcastle wrote:Also when did Truicy claim to have access..i seem to have missed that?
Night three I scanned Trikane
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

tru1cy wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Also when did Truicy claim to have access..i seem to have missed that?
I'm confused. Tru1cy, did you have lab access, or random access? There's a difference.
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:I simply think it was a risky strategy to have all the specials come out.
It is, but once the security guard and the science officer were outed then there is not much point in hiding the Communications officers. The only thing that makes them "special" is the ability to PM during the day. They can not protect anyone from getting killed and can not gain us more information. They are less useful, at this point, then a regular crewman since regular crewmen can get access to the lab or computer. Thus, were I a Husk, they would be the last people I would target for killing and since there are already enough other targets from people who have come forward I would not be targeting one of the unknowns at all. Either way the Comm guys should be safe from being killed but if they are both open then the rest of the crew knows where they stand as well.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Good point RW, very valid.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

pr0ner wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
I'm confused. Tru1cy, did you have lab access, or random access? There's a difference.
Sorry day three. Whenever Padre was killed. I had random access
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

tru1cy wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
tru1cy wrote:
Sorry day three. Whenever Padre was killed. I had random access
Ah. Yes. I see.

I think the people who are performing the analysis of who had what access need to take this into consideration: I had LAB access, which allowed me to scan the dead. tru1cy had RANDOM access, which allowed him to scan the living. Big difference.
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I have computer access which is why I said I would be announcing who I was scanning prior to the close of vote and wanted to know who we were going to lynch though so that I can scan someone we are not lynching and thus make best use of the scan and the science officer.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

For determining who is a crewman, it doesn't matter as there is only 1 total between the two types each day.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Genghis wrote:For determining who is a crewman, it doesn't matter as there is only 1 total between the two types each day.
Yes, but someone claiming to have lab access and telling us about a live player would obviously be a liar. I think that was the thrust of pr0ner's posts.
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

At this pooint it doesn't look like the com officer is comming out. So possible lynch targets are:

Tru1cy - If you believe that padre was the day 3 RA
Genghis - I have tried to get as much info into your hands as possible, but I can't confirm my status since I have not had RA.
Newcastle - Has seemed very husk/traitor like lately with him trying to hide the existance of the 2nd comm officer if he even exists.
Trikane - If tru1cy is telling the truth- trikane is clear.
Mr. Bubbles - So far nothing has come close to clearing him, but nothing has convicted him other than lack of other targets
Orinico - As long as the 2nd comm officer remains silent it points to orinico as being either a husk or a traitor.

so...
If we lynch MR bubbles and scan orinico, that leaves newcastle and me as an unknown. If we can get the science officer to scan padre it will tell us a great deal. If padre turns out to be the comm officer we know that Pr0ner and tru1cy were telling the truth. If he turns out to be a random crewman we will be unsure about me,tru1cy,trikane, and newcastle.

so Mr Bubbles.
[/b]
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

Orinoco wrote:

Changing my vote to Orinico
That 1 name means the game. With it we can confirm the identities of you, and the named person. It will narrow the field down to 2 possibilities.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'll wait for the scan before I make my decision
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:I'll wait for the scan before I make my decision
Answer to my scan question comes after voting is complete. For someone who claims to have had scan yesterday you seem to make a lot of basic errors regarding how it works.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Remus West wrote:
tru1cy wrote:I'll wait for the scan before I make my decision
Answer to my scan question comes after voting is complete. For someone who claims to have had scan yesterday you seem to make a lot of basic errors regarding how it works.

my concentration on this game is waning if it hasn't been obvious.

Sorry. Let me re-read some of this stuff and I'll make a vote
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I am going to a hockey game tonight. Hopefully by the time I get home the 2nd communications officer will have come forward and I will be willing to make a vote. Without that event I do not intend to vote and will be scanning Orinoco. With that event I will choose a (hopefully) better scan target and more informed vote target.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well, obviously no one came forward with more information. Here is everything I think right now.

"Sure of and Alive"
Remus West - Crew
pr0ner - Crew
rdm - Security - plenty of time for a real security officer to have come forward and claim him wrong giving us a sure Husk and making himself completely safe.
Orinoco - Communications Officer - I do not believe LordMortis was anything other than crew so there would still be a live Comm Officer to contradict him even if Padre was one.

"Less sure but still Alive"
Gbasden - Science - plenty of time for real one to come forward but could have been Padre

"Unsure of but Alive"
tru1cy - Crew - waited so long to comne forward or I would have some faith here but it is VERY weak right now
Genghis - Crew - He has acted right but some bad guys do that to. Will not put him on sure list until given some sort of proof.
Trikane - Crew - his innocence is based off of tru1cy's claim and I already said how unsure I am regarding that.

"Know nothing about but Alive"
Mr. Bubbles - seems suspicious though
Newcastle - also seems suspicious but for some reason I keep thinking he is not guilty.

"Know but Dead"
Caine - Captain
Kelric - Android
LordMortis - Crew
Noxiousdog - Crew
Grundbegriff - Husk

"Unknown and Dead"
Padre - ??? not a Husk.

I am going to take a huge gamble here and follow Orinoco's lead as I was thinking of voting Mr Bubbles before. I am also going to put some faith in tru1cy's honesty which could be a huge mistake and scan Genghis so that we have some proof about him, mostly because he seems to have tried to get a vote going on Orinoco without anyone having cnflicted with his Comm Officer claim. I know he put forward the LM & Padre as the Comm officers idea but I just do not buy it. At all. Here's hoping I am right.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

BTW, that puts Bubbles at 4 of 5 needed to advance the game.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Hell Mutha wrote:Mr Bubbles 4 votes (Orinoco, pr0ner, rdm, Remus West)
Orinoco and tru1cy (1 vote, Genghis and Trikane, respectively)

5 Votes floating in electronic limbo
1 Death Waiting for the Winner
10 Lving Players
1 Whacko Computer
57 is Spike TV on my cablebox

Please Refrain from disposing of Leaking Batteries in the Urine Recycling Containers...
Ed209 wrote:You have ten seconds to comply
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I wanted to delay this announcement as long as possible. I am the second Comm officer. I dont think we will post something on the BBS, but am gonna delay my vote till the morning... wanted RW to see this so that could change his scanning priorities if that affects things.

Cheers. Vote coming in the morning.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:I wanted to delay this announcement as long as possible. I am the second Comm officer. I dont think we will post something on the BBS, but am gonna delay my vote till the morning... wanted RW to see this so that could change his scanning priorities if that affects things.

Cheers. Vote coming in the morning.
By my figuring it had to be you or Trikane. Does not effect my scanning as I want confirmation of Genghis. Knowing you means that tru1cy is a likely Husk or traitor and Trikane is the other if Genghis is clean. I would think tru1cy is the traitor and Trikane the husk, again if Genghis is clean but if we are correct about Mr Bubbles then we still have one miss left and only two targets so we should be good to go.

I would ask that Gbasden check on Bubbles tonight so that we can be sure of his role and rdm protect him. The rest of us are expendable. Then we either know Genghis as husk or kill both Trikane and tru1cy the next 2 lynchings.

Orinoco, I would appreciate your backing of newcastle's claim (although I think it pretty irrelevant as it would be a completely transparent ploy by a Husk).
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Orinoco The guy just creeps me out!
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Clearly, by Mr. Bubbles last post, he's a Husk.

Would someone else please vote for him so we can move on?
Hodor.